July 29, 2023 BBQ

awesome. great place. never went. chased the girls next door and almost flunked out but turned it around later and had lunch today with st b's equivalent of brother kevin.

back to bbq, most of it sucks here. i dont get to dallas much, but headed to jacksonville to see a bareknuckle fight in september.

anyone have recommendations?
You can head to titanic and save yourself some gas money.

Advertisement
Up here in Brevard county, BBQ is basically non-existent. Breaks my heart. We have a place, Crydemans, they are above average.

One coworker recommended a place up in cocoa.

By home in west palm there are few places, McCrays's Ribs is one of my favorites.
I've heard people tout McCray's, but the one time I got pulled pork from them, it was awful. Southern Pig and Cattle in Stuart is good, as is Moonswiner's in Ft. Pierce.

I'm a fan of Dooky Chase and Liuzza's by the Track
There’s a restaurant named “Dooky” Chase???

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I recall one barbecue Mario did the guy cooking was from I hate Monday’s. Regardless of what you think about that place or that guy it’s definitely better than shortys or Sonny’s

Advertisement
I grew up in North Miami and there was a place on NW 7th ave that was famous and pretty good from what I remember.

@Baba Yaga
Ron Burgundy Battle GIF

I think we got this
Man, I got boondoggled into a TDY that returns very close to the Temple game. I planned on bringing a brisket or some pork belly burnt ends but I'm not gonna have the time.

I may be able to grab some crabcakes from Pappas or Box Hill and broil them before I jump on 95 and head to Philly though.

wedding-crashers-crab-cakes.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've heard people tout McCray's, but the one time I got pulled pork from them, it was awful. Southern Pig and Cattle in Stuart is good, as is Moonswiner's in Ft. Pierce.

To be 100% real grape juice, I have only had their ribs. My wife is the pull pork connoisseur, she didn't like the their pull pork sandwich either. The ribs are good, I can't co-sign foe anything else on the menu. Lol.

We drive to west palm at least one a month, have stop and try those places out.

Advertisement
With all this BBQ talk, I am appalled there has been zero mention of NC que.. You all are missing out if you havent tried it

Up here in Brevard county, BBQ is basically non-existent. Breaks my heart. We have a place, Crydemans, they are above average.

One coworker recommended a place up in cocoa.

By home in west palm there are few places, McCrays's Ribs is one of my favorites.

Have you gone to Slow & Low in Viera?

And is Wassi's Meat Market still doing Big Green Eggfests? I was going to go a few years ago, and then I think it got cancelled due to Covid.

Advertisement
Have you gone to Slow & Low in Viera?

And is Wassi's Meat Market still doing Big Green Eggfests? I was going to go a few years ago, and then I think it got cancelled due to Covid.
Yes. There is one in cocoa we use to go to all the time. Heard of Wassi, but not sure if they are. Grant usually throws a BBQ fest every year.

We have a wings fest that brings out some smaller BBQ enthusiast.
Screenshot_20230713_084548_Gmail.jpg

Yes. There is one in cocoa we use to go to all the time. Heard of Wassi, but not sure if they are. Grant usually throws a BBQ fest every year.

We have a wings fest that brings out some smaller BBQ enthusiast.
View attachment 247049

OK, I just texted with my brother, apparently there is going to be an EggFest in November at a place in Seminole County called "Wekiva Island". If you get a chance, you should come up for that.

I love love love Wekiva Island, I've been going there since I was young, and my brother's house is a mile or two down the river, so we may take his boat up to the Island for that one.

Hopefully, by that time, the "new" Pig Floyd's Urban Barbakoa will be open on Lee Road in the spot where the original Bubbalou's was. My guy @SWFLHurricane knows about Bubbalou's (definitely dropped off after the old man died), and he may know Pig Floyd's as well, the original brick-and-mortar location is still there on Mills just north of 50.

Speaking of which, @SWFLHurricane have you been to Piggza on Mills yet (opened a few months ago, I took my mom and sister on Mother's Day)? It was supposed to be a joint between Pig Floyd's and Stasio's, but I think Stasio's backed out. It was great, I'm going to have to go back next time I'm back in O-Town.

Advertisement
Back