July 29, 2023 BBQ

At great risk of starting holy war to retake Jerusalem...

Where you cats at on sauces??

NC vinegars vs SC mustards vs everybody else sweet and tangy...

I had a white sauce in Alabama that was pretty good...

For me, I'm a St Louis/KC/Texas sauce man myself, although I'll eat vinegar based if I have to...

View attachment 247055
Im with the vinegar and sweet and tangy.

Advertisement

For me, I'm a St Louis/KC/Texas sauce man myself, although I'll eat vinegar based if I have to...

View attachment 247055
Vinegar is for pork. Salt and pepper, maybe a dry rub is for beef. Sauce is for chicken. Smoke is for all the preceeding.

Advertisement
Are there any threads left that don’t go off the rails?
You don’t have enough posts to be “that guy”…

They finna drag U lol

u
Watching Zac Efron GIF by Baywatch Movie

View attachment 247055
IMG_0072.jpgIMG_0473.jpg
I go with a hickory and brown sugar sauce for my baby backs. Def a sweet mustard sauce for pulled pork. And I highly recommend the Big Green Egg if you are cooking BBQ at the house, its amazing.

Advertisement
Smokin' Pig is fantastic. I usually go to the one in Easley, I think they bought an existing restaurant building and it's huge. I went to the Pendleton location after the Clemson game last year, and yes, they've built a large outside area. Place was packed with happy Clemson fans (plus me), but they now have this weird thing for busy times where you have to make a reservation of sorts, so I just got the BBQ to go. Still fantastic though.

I just sent Admiral Lex to the Anderson location when he was up in Greenville recently, and he and his family loved it.
They did, that location has been a previous bbq joint and before that it used to be a meat n 3 joint. They also have a Williamston location. I stay in Easley so next time around let me know and I got you. We also have a Mutts bbq which is pretty good as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back