Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

Advertisement
Ablak, Max and crew repeated multiple times tonight on the Maxed Out Show that he runs a 4.4. If that wasn't accurate, Max definitely would've said something.

6'4", running a 4.4 with insane ball skills according to @Stevo365. Sounds like a perfect fit for our needs.

4.4 speed sounds like someone that can generate enough explosion to make a 24’ long jump. Jus sayin’.🤷🏾‍♂️

Ablak, Max and crew repeated multiple times tonight on the Maxed Out Show that he runs a 4.4. If that wasn't accurate, Max definitely would've said something.

6'4", running a 4.4 with insane ball skills according to @Stevo365. Sounds like a perfect fit for our needs.

Well ****. If this is the case, he may solve both our problems. We needed a legit deep threat to keep the safeties honest and we needed a guy who would catch contested throws.

why not both.gif

They saw 15 practices of Ladson and said we need more size.
Is this true? or has Ladson been under performing? I had high hopes for Ladson and understand he has been out of the game for a while and will need some time to re-acclimate, but from all the reports I heard from spring, he didn’t look very good.

Advertisement
I think we may be looking at this a little short cited cause he’s a Juco.
He’s a juco with 3 years of eligibility left. This isn’t a one and done and he’s said publicly that he has someone in front of him and that he needs to compete. This is straight competition for the next 2 years and a receiver with height that we’ve been lacking.
Mario isn’t worried about hurting anyones feelings on the team or in the incoming class.
Any receiver from sofla that’s looking at a frontrunner is looking at teams with depth and blue chip talent in all positions.
Mario is gonna try to achieve the same talent level and depth as those teams.
Yep, with the 25 limit eliminated, if he or anyone else can’t cut it here, they will be waived to keep under the 85. I would be bringing as much competition as I could while they have the 25 limit per year waived.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The interesting thing about Young is he gets compared to Ladson but they have different games.

Ladson is tall and runs down the field. Young is a big WR who high points the ball. We will see how he does in August, but it’s plausible both could be beneficial to the team. All the better if they do.

Advertisement
I don’t think I saw a single high school or JC highlight where a QB hit him in stride. Every pass seemed to be a jump ball even when he had 2-3 steps on the defender.

Highlights show a QB with questionable (at best) arm strength

LOL, on CaneInsight Live tonight, @Stevo365 said the QB was trash. He didn't say it in the review (out of respect) but there's no way to spin how bad he was and how hard it makes to eval Colbie. Every ball was a jump ball.

Advertisement
Back