Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

I like the pickup. I say that without knowing if he will be any good. Ladson has been injury prone his entire career and by most accounts was underwhelming in the spring. This kid adds another big body type to, and increases the competition level in, the WR room.

Hopefully the fact that the staff so desperately sought WR help in the portal puts our guys on notice. Need a few guys to really step up at the position.

Advertisement
Please stop. Ladson entered the Portal in December and was enrolled at UM on January 15th. And we were absolutely in it with multiple top-rated guys who chose to do other things, including one who stayed at his school and one who went elsewhere.
Please stop. Ladson entered the Portal in December and was enrolled at UM on January 15th. And we were absolutely in it with multiple top-rated guys who chose to do other things, including one who stayed at his school and one who went elsewhere.
Stop what? Mario was like Hans Brinker sticking his f’n finger in multiple leaks in the roster. After the multiple people he brought in at the front 7 vs 1 at WR, do you think he considered WR a critical weakness? During the spring camp he turned up the heat on several recruits once he realized the one WR he brought in from a weak Clemson WR group was not enough.

He did what he was supposed to do. He set critical priorities, tried to address them, then took a reality check to see where he stands. Now
he’s adjusting to take the next steps to get the roster ready for the season.

What more do you expect him to do?

Last edited:
future hive GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think we may be looking at this a little short cited cause he’s a Juco.
He’s a juco with 3 years of eligibility left. This isn’t a one and done and he’s said publicly that he has someone in front of him and that he needs to compete. This is straight competition for the next 2 years and a receiver with height that we’ve been lacking.
Mario isn’t worried about hurting anyones feelings on the team or in the incoming class.
Any receiver from sofla that’s looking at a frontrunner is looking at teams with depth and blue chip talent in all positions.
Mario is gonna try to achieve the same talent level and depth as those teams.

Advertisement
We do not have a real deal X on this team. We just went out and got one. We'll see. I'm optimistic he can provide some catches, but who knows? WR is a position a stud can play and contribute to immediately. If he's good, he'll play. If he's not...that sucks.

Advertisement
Verified 4.4

Are you sure? I couldn’t find anything and he definitely didn’t look that fast in his game highlights.

Ablak, Max and crew repeated multiple times tonight on the Maxed Out Show that he runs a 4.4. If that wasn't accurate, Max definitely would've said something.

6'4", running a 4.4 with insane ball skills according to @Stevo365. Sounds like a perfect fit for our needs.

Advertisement
Back