Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

Advertisement
Dude, you know that Mario doesn't operate like that. He's the most intense recruiter I've ever seen. No way he was asleep at the WR position until now.
Not saying he was asleep. Saying that there were other priorities. And he is the type to set priorities and stick with them. You can't convince me if he put the full court press on WRs early in the process he wouldn't have got one.

edit - Also, it's been stated here he and Mirabel were concerned about the line when they got here in December. He may not have realized the shape of the WR room until the spring camp.

Last edited:

Exactly what I thought when I read this:

They will use me like a big X receiver, and I know I have to compete, will have Frank (Ladson) in front of me, guys that were there all spring,” Young said. “It’s not a situation where I’ll redshirt, though. I’ll work, can maybe earn the starting spot but have some dogs ahead of me.

“I’m just getting ready for high level football.”
got to love his attitude. Kids like this end up succeeding more than not. They enjoy the process and the grind. Welcome to the U!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Exactly what I thought when I read this:

They will use me like a big X receiver, and I know I have to compete, will have Frank (Ladson) in front of me, guys that were there all spring,” Young said. “It’s not a situation where I’ll redshirt, though. I’ll work, can maybe earn the starting spot but have some dogs ahead of me.

“I’m just getting ready for high level football.”
This is the time of the year when I start to put my Orange and Green shades on!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’ll be ahead of him at Flanker
I I think if nothing else this comports with Mario’s displeasure with the WR’s after the spring game and his desire to increase competition. WR’s have to make some contested catches. No one is open all the time and not every pass is perfect. There were no contested catches in the spring game.

Hopefully the pressure from this signing either results in a great find late in the recruiting season, or results in Ladson spending 2 hours per day on the Jugs machine so he doesn’t lose his spot. I will take either result.

Advertisement
Back