Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

Advertisement

1655656445875.png

Advertisement
He looks solid, I'm not gonna hype him as anything more than a big red zone threat and decent depth. Maybe he can become a Darrell Langham type. I found it interesting that Tennessee wanted him at TE.

Also, I think he hit a growth spurt late in his HS career so maybe he's just now getting used to his body. Glad he's a cane!

Exactly what I thought when I read this:

They will use me like a big X receiver, and I know I have to compete, will have Frank (Ladson) in front of me, guys that were there all spring,” Young said. “It’s not a situation where I’ll redshirt, though. I’ll work, can maybe earn the starting spot but have some dogs ahead of me.

“I’m just getting ready for high level football.”
Definitely what you want to hear. Ready to work and compete, publicly acknowledges he has guys in front of him that he'll have to prove he's better than to earn his way onto the field. Good stuff.

Advertisement
I just think it's very strange that we haven't been able to add anyone yet considering who we have at QB the lack of a no1 at WR and the strength of the staff. Something is wrong here. It doesnt add up.
What was wrong was the roster was in such a state that the staff was consumed plugging holes in the front 7. By the time they cycled around to WR there were slim pickings.

Seems this kid may have been a “Covid year casualty” where he didn’t go to a big football school and didn’t have the opportunity to get noticed through camps. He’s an academic qualifier so that could be a reason he was at JUCO because with that athletic profile seems he would atleast be at FCS or G5 instead.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What was wrong was the roster was in such a state that the staff was consumed plugging holes in the front 7. By the time they cycled around to WR there were slim pickings.
Dude, you know that Mario doesn't operate like that. He's the most intense recruiter I've ever seen. No way he was asleep at the WR position until now.

Advertisement
Back