Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

Advertisement
Never said it wasn’t, boo

IndelibleWhimsicalIberianbarbel-max-1mb.gif

If we’re serious about adding him it speaks volumes that they’re willing to take a JUCO kid...

Especially considering his size & athletic profile, to me, it’s pretty much them saying they think he can contribute as a big bodied Tall Flanker, which was supposed to be for a particular player they already added...

I’m all for adding him if we can, people have underestimated the need for another WR, the staff has basically spent most of post Spring camp turning over every rock & checking every crevice they can find for a WR lol
Do you think it speaks to what they think they will miss in this cycle more than expectations for immediate impact..kid has 3 years left

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do you think it speaks to what they think they will miss in this cycle more than expectations for immediate impact..kid has 3 years left
IMO no, because even if they miss on Hykeem they’re still going after Fowles who has a similar physical build.

They specifically went after Colbie because he would be immediately eligible, if they were more concerned about a long term option there’s several other prospects in the 23 class that fit the tall WR profile.

They offered 3 WR’s before Spring camp & practically went on a treasure hunt after Spring camp looking for several Portal WR’s & even Grad Transfer players, then after scouring the Earth exhausting multiple options they found a Summer enrollee JUCO kid.

I’m about 95% certain that if he were a December graduate & didn’t have immediate eligibility to be available for Fall camp they might not have pressed the issue to get him, the fact he has 3 years left is really a bonus more than anything.

Last edited:
Mario is creating serious competition. No spot is guaranteed except at LT maybe. Unlike the past few seasons. I’m excited to see this team scrap it out in practise and see who’s earning spots when the dust settles.

Advertisement
I don’t think so. Mario is signing this kid for today and who is currently on the roster. Or more importantly, who is not currently on the roster.
Yeah for sure. Much needed size and presence. We haven’t had a RZ WR since langham and AR was nice down there too..hopefully this kid can add that dimension. Along with our TEs and RBs we should be pretty good from the 30 in

IMO no, because even if they miss on Hykeem they’re still going after Fowles who has a similar physical build.

They specifically went after Colbie because he would be immediately eligible, if they were more concerned about a long term option there’s several other prospects in the 23 class that fit the tall WR profile.

They offered 3 WR’s before Spring camp & practically went on a treasure hunt after Spring camp looking for several Portal WR’s & even Grad Transfer players, then after scouring the Earth exhausting multiple options they found a Summer enrollee JUCO kid.

I’m about 95% certain that if he were a December graduate & didn’t have immediate eligibility to be available for Fall camp they might not have pressed the issue to get him, the fact he has 3 years left is really a bonus more than anything.
True. Added this kid plus the kid from
Tennessee fills that 6’2 215 plus guys we didn’t have..Keem in this class is a must get imo.

Not saying he was asleep. Saying that there were other priorities. And he is the type to set priorities and stick with them. You can't convince me if he put the full court press on WRs early in the process he wouldn't have got one.

edit - Also, it's been stated here he and Mirabel were concerned about the line when they got here in December. He may not have realized the shape of the WR room until the spring camp.
He's too sharp for me to believe that.

Advertisement
Not saying he was asleep. Saying that there were other priorities. And he is the type to set priorities and stick with them. You can't convince me if he put the full court press on WRs early in the process he wouldn't have got one.

edit - Also, it's been stated here he and Mirabel were concerned about the line when they got here in December. He may not have realized the shape of the WR room until the spring camp.

Please stop. Ladson entered the Portal in December and was enrolled at UM on January 15th. And we were absolutely in it with multiple top-rated guys who chose to do other things, including one who stayed at his school and one who went elsewhere.

Advertisement
Back