Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

If he ran a 4.6 in 10th grade after being a 1st Team 2A All-State selection in football and a 5th Team 2A All-State selection in BBall (after averaging 22ppg), you would expect more attention and offers than what he has. It's not out of the question but something doesn't add up.
Agreed, but sometimes kids STILL fall through the cracks. Even though recruiting is much better than it used to be. It could’ve been a grade issue or a lack of class credits, that landed him in JUCO. When that happens a lot of schools forget about you and move on to kids in the next class. That’s how Chad Johnson ended up in JUCO. And some kids are just late bloomers. It happens.

Advertisement
Lackawanna JC is in Scranton, PA.

That’s where Bryant McKinnie came from.
Weirdly OT. I graduated from Lafayette. In the early quarter of the twentieth century, when private, eastern schools ruled football, we won two national championships by recruiting out of this area and these schools. No more coal crackers there anymore but plenty of bodies. We do have a winning record against Penn State.

Just saw they have a McKinnie Hall at Lackawana. Trying to find out if he endowed it.

Last edited:
Could this be the ultimate diamond in the rough or pure desperation move due a weak WR room. His P5 offers - VT, Pitt, FSPoo and Tenn. All with horrendous WR quality depth.

I see lots of 22 personnel come this Fall…

Weirdly OT. I graduated from Lafayette. In the early quarter of the twentieth century, when private, eastern schools ruled football, we won two national championships by recruiting out of this area and these schools. No more coal crackers there anymore but plenty of bodies. We do have a winning record against Penn State.

A friend of mine lives on College Hill within earshot of Lafayette's Stadium. I've seen many games in that stadium, mainly Lehigh-Lafayette but also Easton-PBurg.

Advertisement
If he ran a 4.6 in 10th grade after being a 1st Team 2A All-State selection in football and a 5th Team 2A All-State selection in BBall (after averaging 22ppg), you would expect more attention and offers than what he has. It's not out of the question but something doesn't add up.

He went to JuCo, so maybe HS academics were bad.

6’4” and catches with his hands. Not much else to him, not much else needed. He isn’t The Answer but he can solve a question or two.
Guys that are 6'3"+ are always open even if covered because of the catch radius. I view them similar to TEs that run away from LBs and bully DBs. The tall receivers should bully smaller corners and run with/away from safties. It comes down to fighting for the ball and making catches.

We'd have 3 guys 6'3"+ in the WR room if Young signs. That presents a lot of options.

Agreed, but sometimes kids STILL fall through the cracks. Even though recruiting is much better than it used to be. It could’ve been a grade issue or a lack of class credits, that landed him in JUCO. When that happens a lot of schools forget about you and move on to kids in the next class. That’s how Chad Johnson ended up in JUCO. And some kids are just late bloomers. It happens.

The late bloomer thing i get. We see that at smaller schools and JUCO kids often.

I'm talking the 4.6 speed at 6'3 back in 10th grade. If that speed was legit, I would expect him to have garnered more attention given his dual sport success, height and ball skills......unless he was incredibly skinny or something. He had offers coming out, but they were Maine, Albany, Western Carolina, Furman, Stony Brook, etc.

Advertisement
Grades, lol

hes from Binghampton ny not sure how much recruiting goes on in that area.

new york on the whole isnt recruited tough as a football state

The late bloomer thing i get. We see that at smaller schools and JUCO kids often.

I'm talking the 4.6 speed at 6'3 back in 10th grade. If that speed was legit, I would expect him to have garnered more attention given his dual sport success, height and ball skills......unless he was incredibly skinny or something. He had offers coming out, but they were Maine, Albany, Western Carolina, Furman, Stony Brook, etc.
He probably ran a 4.6 something but I wouldn't be surprised if it was hand timed. At the very least maybe he can help in the redzone.

Advertisement

He's every bit of 6'4

24179D82-79D4-4F7A-8E11-7A739854EFBB.jpeg

Sounds like grades and or classes, to me.

Advertisement
Sounds like grades and or classes, to me.
Nope. Grades weren't an issue. He was an academic qualifier outta high school, which is why he's able to reclassify outta 2023 from JUCO now that the bigger schools are calling.

Advertisement
Back