Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

Advertisement
If we’re serious about adding him it speaks volumes that they’re willing to take a JUCO kid...

Especially considering his size & athletic profile, to me, it’s pretty much them saying they think he can contribute as a big bodied Tall Flanker, which was supposed to be for a particular player they already added...

I’m all for adding him if we can, people have underestimated the need for another WR, the staff has basically spent most of post Spring camp turning over every rock & checking every crevice they can find for a WR lol
Yep and spot on, LCE. To go after a JUCO big body receiver tells you everything.

Nyc Mayoral Primary GIF by GIPHY News

Honestly, **** speed. He’s 6’4 216. He’s gonna be carrying corners with him into the end zone. I’m not talking about you in particular but this fanbase overrates speed on a constant basis and that why they **** themselves over Mark Pope but guys like Elijah Moore aren’t takes. The question you should ask is “Is he a good football player?”. If the answer is yes then you take him and put him in the best situation to produce.
I agree. People obsess about size & speed but it's the hands and ability to create separation in the routes which is what we should value the most.

Advertisement
Kid has got a basketball background and averaged 15 points in high school. Kid can jump, has good hands and is not slow. There are a lot of tall big bodied wide receivers in college and the pros and this kid has the physical traits. Now he has to lose weight and build up some stamina. Plus, he can be an excellent blocking WR. Remember when we had that St. Louis kid, a midget, on most running plays a few years ago. Now we have lots of options-- Ground and Pound.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He seems to high point the ball very well. Also i like that every time we offer someone, ours fans have to use it as a slight against a current player. We have talent at WR, most of it is unproven, from a reliability and consistency standpoint. We were in the same situation going in to last season. This staff though is gonna put as many talented guys together as possible and let them battle it out. No player who hasn't proven anything is gonna sit around thinking, hey i can just chill in the summer time because there is no competition for a job i never earned. Bringing in players can bring out the best in current players who never was pushed the way they should have been. The new guy could also turn out to be that good. Either way that's the way Mario gonna run the program, competition. And not just lip service Manuelito was paying. Mario seen it here, as a player and coach and seen it at Bama.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Penn State takes kids out of this JUCO often, and they could use a receiver. Interesting they aren’t after this kid; maybe Stubbs didn’t like him the first go around. Hopefully his grades are good to go though.

Penn State took a wr from his team this year. He looks and runs like a TE.

This is his best statistical game. 6 catches, 82 yards, 1 td. He’s #86.

Advertisement
Back