2023 JUCO WR Malik Benson receives offer

If he only played 1 year of JUCO, does he have 3 years of eligibility or 4 because of covid?

The clock starts when you enroll, whether you played or not.

Most JuCo degrees will require 2 years of enrollment. So it is possible that he has used 2 years of eligibility. Now, whether Covid gives him a free year, I have no idea whether that rule applies to JuCo.

Advertisement
The clock starts when you enroll, whether you played or not.

Most JuCo degrees will require 2 years of enrollment. So it is possible that he has used 2 years of eligibility. Now, whether Covid gives him a free year, I have no idea whether that rule applies to JuCo.
If he attended JUCO 2 years, but only played 1 wouldn't he enter a 4 year school as a redshirt sophomore or 3rd year freshman due to covid year? Plus, it's possible that he enrolled early and went summer sessions to preserve a year of eligibility.

Don't know if this kid is strictly 23 but Mario did say in his NSD presser that he was going to be looking at JC dudes to add to this 22 class.

Don't know if this kid is strictly 23 but Mario did say in his NSD presser that he was going to be looking at JC dudes to add to this 22 class.
He is '23 if he stays in Juco and graduates ....BUT he can transfer to a 4 year program as long as he has completed 1 full semester of Juco with a 2.0 GPA ... so he could transfer to UM for the Summer session of '22.

Advertisement
He is '23 if he stays in Juco and graduates ....BUT he can transfer to a 4 year program as long as he has completed 1 full semester of Juco with a 2.0 GPA ... so he could transfer to UM for the Summer session of '22.
If he can join a team like miami for 22 then I would say it makes no sense for him to stay at his JC for another year.

In that scenario, he could squeeze in the '22 class and be a very nice replacement for the spot Coleman vacated. I'm unsure I want to use a '23 WR slot on him give how loaded it is in SFL, but by all means, bring him in the current class.

Advertisement
This kid has ELITE upside & world class speed.

At 6’1 185lbs, that’s Justin Jefferson type of capability.

He’s a Kansas kid & those Juco kids usually go to Oklahoma, Tenn or Auburn, I don’t think he goes to AU because they’re a disaster right now, but if he’s smart he’ll go to a team that will have a high volume passing attack where he’ll get a lot of targets.

Advertisement
Yep, Miami recruited and developed him well. He was an integral part of our succcess.

You do realize that you proved my point, right?
Lol no you sound stupid saying Miami shouldnt rely on a transfer WR when even the recruiting machine that is bama takes a transfer and he was their #1 all season. Transfers are apart of the game now. Yes I understand what you were saying about being a weak spot for us. But there's nothing wrong with transfers if they help the program. Good enough for saban to take transfers good enough for me. And they have one of the most stacked rooms in the nation

Advertisement

Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back