JUCO DL Dorian Gerald - former Tenn commit

Advertisement
With DJ jumping ship, adding a JUCO DE sounds fine to me.

Still need a JUCO DT and another DT to go with Silvera.

He claims to be a DE

Well he won't be one here lol. But we can always tell him he'll play de

Why wont he be a DE here? D.jack coming off a knee injury and dj is gone. Who do we have at sde? This dude is 6'3 260. That isn't a DT.

Sure, he can play de but he's going to be a dt in the long run.

There is no long run. He is a juco and if he only has 2 years to play he still wont be big enough for DT. Look at bethel who is 270 and they barely play him.

Everything Ive read on him says he's a future dt. Pretty sure ivins even said that. But he'd be immediate help on the dl regardless of where

Cribby, just watch his film and look at his frame and the fact that he's a JUCO. If he was a HS SR, I might buy that, but he's enrolling to play next fall - he ain't a DT.

Advertisement
I could careless about his actual position, we need a CT replacement he can get pressure and play the run, this guy fits that mold

Cribby, just watch his film and look at his frame and the fact that he's a JUCO. If he was a HS SR, I might buy that, but he's enrolling to play next fall - he ain't a DT.

Oh I'm not basing it off film , just on what I've read when I was checking up on him a couple weeks ago.

Well he won't be one here lol. But we can always tell him he'll play de

Why wont he be a DE here? D.jack coming off a knee injury and dj is gone. Who do we have at sde? This dude is 6'3 260. That isn't a DT.

There is no long run. He is a juco and if he only has 2 years to play he still wont be big enough for DT. Look at bethel who is 270 and they barely play him.

Everything Ive read on him says he's a future dt. Pretty sure ivins even said that. But he'd be immediate help on the dl regardless of where

I posted his film. Ask yourself what he looks like.

I could careless about his actual position, we need a CT replacement he can get pressure and play the run, this guy fits that mold

This.

We need bodies in the trenches , I don't care where they play.

Depth on Dl is looking rough.

Advertisement

I watched , he's a Sde but has a big lower half. He looks bigger than 260 to me, I could see him sliding inside on pass downs but definitely a sde when he arrives.

I watched , he's a Sde but has a big lower half. He looks bigger than 260 to me, I could see him sliding inside on pass downs but definitely a sde when he arrives.

Looks like a little bit more athletic Bethel...I think he stays outside and slides inside only like Thomas did on obv passing downs. JMO.

Looks like a little bit more athletic Bethel...I think he stays outside and slides inside only like Thomas did on obv passing downs. JMO.

Yep.

He's more twitchy and faster. His frame is also looks bigger. I was never big on Bethel.

hes needs polish but plays with a chip on his shoulder.
would he have 2 or 3 years to play?

Advertisement
Talented kid,
Bring me
Chatfield and Gerald at end
Nesta and briggs at dt
Rousseau(as a hybrid edge player)

I seem to recall seeing on 247 a few months ago that he is graduating from JUCO in December and has 3 years of eligibility left.

Advertisement

I seem to recall seeing on 247 a few months ago that he is graduating from JUCO in December and has 3 years of eligibility left.

he no had offers out of HS. he seems to be bitter over that. i like that mentality.

He definitely had a few of those "knock the crap out of someone, stand up proudly, then stare down at them for a second or two" moments that I love to see from defensive players.

I don't why some get upset when someone mentions Coach Kool and the small number of DT's we've been able to recruit. It should be an area of concern and discussion. We all know that we can't be a perennial playoff team unless we can keep the DT spots stacked. That said, I hope we can close on Briggs because I can't think of any other quality DT remaining we have a good chance with for 2018.

I think guys don't worry because this guy has never had a history of recruiting big time guys. But he turns guys like Michael Sam into defensive player of the year.

At the end of the day he makes what he has, work. and did it consistently. I think he had two freshman all American at missou before he left for UM.

So I think guys bank more on him coaching the guys he gets.

With his resume' they have a right to be Kuul about it.

I don't see Clemson hitting on all the 5 star Dlineman every year but I **** sure see them being coached up.

Advertisement
Back