JUCO DL Dorian Gerald - former Tenn commit

You can’t land just 2 DTs in 3 years. That’s unacceptable any way you want to look at it. A coach with his resume and should have better success on the trail.

Advertisement
Gonna go ahead and assume DJ is transferring. We need at least three more DL.

J. Jackson
D. Jackson
G. Willis
J. Garvin
P. Bethel
J. Ford
S. Patchan
R. Fines
T. Martin
G. Rousseau
N. Silvera

Do not judge methods. Judge results. Kul is the best coach on this staff. He is the closest thing to indispensable in the entire program.

You can’t land just 2 DTs in 3 years. That’s unacceptable any way you want to look at it. A coach with his resume and should have better success on the trail.

I didn’t know that divining day has already come and gone for the 2018 class. Can y’all not just wait I’ll February to start critiquing the man after we see what the final results are?

Advertisement
Gonna go ahead and assume DJ is transferring. We need at least three more DL.

J. Jackson
D. Jackson
G. Willis
J. Garvin
P. Bethel
J. Ford
S. Patchan
R. Fines
T. Martin
G. Rousseau
N. Silvera

Add Norton. He probably isn’t turning pro. Also you can add two more that we will undoubtedbly sign by then end of this class and maybe even a transfer. There is plenty of depth. We already have 2 Monster DT committed for 2019 also.

I like Gerald's film but i see his game more as a fit at SDE that kicks inside to DT on pass downs, rather than a 3-tech. Just does't seem to have the DT body.

OK tell us what is Kul doing wrong?? I mean, Kul and staff is going after the studs and these recruits just don't want to come be apart of our Hurricane family!! I mean the staff is recruiting with the top programs for recruits, but for some reason this early signing day didn't do our Canes any favors at DT.. BUT ****, Kul still have til February to get a few recruits to add with Nesta.. I just don't understand, how the coach's get blame for a recruit not signing with a certain school!! Coach Kul is doing everything to get the recruits he wants, they "don't want to come" that's not Kul's fault!!

Not saying that I wouldn't want to see better DT recruiting results, but Kool has landed 3 DT in his first 2 classes and he has one committed so far for 2018 class.

2016 Class
DT Patrick Bethel
DT Tyreic Martin

2017 Class
DT Jon Ford

2018 Class
DT Nesta Silvera (Committed)
DT Daniel Carson (Has Miami in his top 2)
DT Dennis Briggs (Offered and is stilled in play)
DT Michael Thompson

If he lands 1 of the remaining targets, this DT class will be ok.

Advertisement
You can't count any uncommitted player. Especially with the way this cycle has unfolded.

Briggs was penciled in for the longest time then he told Rivlas that he was ready to commit to FSU before Jimbo left.

Chatman at one point was Kool's "top guy" and was a strong lean, but has since committed to three(?) schools.

As it stands the 2018 class is only Nesta.

The race isn't over yet, but his position recruiting is arguably the worst in the team to this point.

I can't say anything about his coaching, but when our studs in the DL faced their best competition in Clemson, they looked average. I attribute that more to Diaz, but I would love to be a fly on the wall hearing a conversation between the two.

Advertisement

Crying about DTs has to be the most cuckish behavior on this site. Seriously.

Dt is the most stacked unit on this team quality wise. 5 bonafide nfl prospects plus the best dt in the country committed. That's 6 already. You only need one more, and if Norton comes back, we actually don't "need" any one else besides Silvera.

Norton, big hoss Fines, Ford at the 1. Willis, bethel, and Martin at the 3. Silvera can play either.

We have the best dl coach in America who turned chicken shi$ into chicken soup at Missouri, who turned lowly 3 stars no one in this board wanted like rj and Norton into NFL prospects as TRUE JUNIORS. And the clowns in here complaining about him?

We seriously have the dumbest fanbase in America.

Dt is the most stacked unit on this team quality wise. 5 bonafide nfl prospects plus the best dt in the country committed. That's 6 already. You only need one more, and if Norton comes back, we actually don't "need" any one else besides Silvera.

Norton, big hoss Fines, Ford at the 1. Willis, bethel, and Martin at the 3. Silvera can play either.

We have the best dl coach in America who turned chicken shi$ into chicken soup at Missouri, who turned lowly 3 stars no one in this board wanted like rj and Norton into NFL prospects as TRUE JUNIORS. And the clowns in here complaining about him?

Please shut the **** up.

I just don't understand why there's 75 threads about it. As if signing day is over and RJ/Norton have both declared, signed with agents and we ONLY got Nesta(criminal how under appreciated he is by some on here). Guess Kool doesn't get credit for him and the stud DEs he's brought in. Do you want to fire him? Serious question. They did the same thing with CB last year, which turned out fine.

Advertisement

Please shut the **** up.

Lol...

I just don't understand why there's 75 threads about it. As if signing day is over and RJ/Norton have both declared, signed with agents and we ONLY got Nesta(criminal how under appreciated he is by some on here). Guess Kool doesn't get credit for him and the stud DEs he's brought in. Do you want to fire him? Serious question. They did the same thing with CB last year, which turned out fine.

Everyone pretty much thinks both dt are gone, from Pete , Ferman and current players parents saying " dey gone". So folks are a little nervous with the commits and current dt talent

“big hoss” Fines ? Lol what has he done to be considered quality depth ? Martin , what has he done...Norton may be gone . Willis and Bethel aren’t proven either . We need more bodies

Advertisement
Back