JUCO DL Dorian Gerald - former Tenn commit

You can’t land just 2 DTs in 3 years. That’s unacceptable any way you want to look at it. A coach with his resume and should have better success on the trail.

Crying about DTs has to be the most cuckish behavior on this site. Seriously.

Dt is the most stacked unit on this team quality wise. 5 bonafide nfl prospects plus the best dt in the country committed. That's 6 already. You only need one more, and if Norton comes back, we actually don't "need" any one else besides Silvera.

Norton, big hoss Fines, Ford at the 1. Willis, bethel, and Martin at the 3. Silvera can play either.

We have the best dl coach in America who turned chicken shi$ into chicken soup at Missouri, who turned lowly 3 stars no one in this board wanted like rj and Norton into NFL prospects as TRUE JUNIORS. And the clowns in here complaining about him?

We seriously have the dumbest fanbase in America.
“big hoss” Fines ? Lol what has he done to be considered quality depth ? Martin , what has he done...Norton may be gone . Willis and Bethel aren’t proven either . We need more bodies

He's a dumba$$ troll, the fines nonsense was his jump the shark troll moment.

Advertisement
You can’t land just 2 DTs in 3 years. That’s unacceptable any way you want to look at it. A coach with his resume and should have better success on the trail.

Dt is the most stacked unit on this team quality wise. 5 bonafide nfl prospects plus the best dt in the country committed. That's 6 already. You only need one more, and if Norton comes back, we actually don't "need" any one else besides Silvera.

N.

Every part of that post is incorrect...Impressive

-We don't have 5 nfl prospects...at this time Ford has a lot of potential and we all hope Kul develops him/Willis couldt be a late round pick as of now. There are no other NFL prospects as of right now. Let's hope Kul develops someone
-It isn't anywhere near the most stacked position on the team. I
-We definitely need more than 1 more

Let's assume for now that McIntosh and Norton leave. That would leave us with Bethel, Willis, Ford, Silvera, Fines and Martin. It must also he taken into consideration that Demetrius Jackson moves inside in certain packages. I also think it is quite possible we see DJ Johnson also move inside at times and I wouldn't rule out a permanent move there for DJ depending on his physical growth and development.

Assuming of course that Silvera is an immediate contributor, that top 4 at DT looks very solid on paper. Not necessarily dominant but very solid with the potential to be very good. I expect Bethel to keep improving and take the next step. Willis and Ford are the big keys here. If Ford is the type of player the coaches think he is and Willis actually does return hungry and ready to play then we wil have the foundation of a very effective 4 man DT rotation.

The problem here is depth because injuries are part of this game and ideally you want a bigger group comprised of talented kids with high ceilings. Assuming we get nothing substantial out of Fines and Martin, what we are left with is the 4 mentioned above with D Jack coming over in the speed package and DJ Johnson almost certainly joining the fun in the Chad Thomas role. Now if we do get solid production from Fines and Martin that changes the entire complexion of the unit and gives us good depth. Everything considered I see a very good group here that will continue to improve throughout the 2018 season with a chance to be excellent. We need more depth and that fact is tough to get around. Ideally we sign 2 more DT prospects although we could get away with one more I suppose. One thing is certain. However we close with the 2018 class, the 2019 class needs to be an epic haul on the DL and that includes DE.

Last edited:

Norton, big hoss Fines, Ford at the 1. Willis, bethel, and Martin at the 3. Silvera can play either.

We have the best dl coach in America who turned chicken shi$ into chicken soup at Missouri, who turned lowly 3 stars no one in this board wanted like rj and Norton into NFL prospects as TRUE JUNIORS. And the clowns in here complaining about him?

“big hoss” Fines ? Lol what has he done to be considered quality depth ? Martin , what has he done...Norton may be gone . Willis and Bethel aren’t proven either . We need more bodies

You're the troll that's already written off Fines like you probably did Moten. Moten didn't do anything until his 4th year and he ended up contributing valuable minutes as the 1st dt off the bench. The fact that you've already discounted big hoss Fines is pathetic frankly.

And I call him big hoss because he's a white dude from the south that weighs in at 310 **** pounds. I have no idea what this nickname has to do with trolling.

We aren't stacked at dt right now that's for **** sure but to rip Kul and say what the dts will be as if we know more then once again IMO the best dline coach in the game is too much. Think once again what highly touted dlineman did he recruit into Missouri that ended up in the NFL? I can't name one so yes I want 4 or 5 dlineman a year but if any dline coach can tell me he knows what he's doing and trust the talent he has its him which is why we've seemingly all loved him until now

Advertisement

You're the troll that's already written off Fines like you probably did Moten. Moten didn't do anything until his 4th year and he ended up contributing valuable minutes as the 1st dt off the bench. The fact that you've already discounted big hoss Fines is pathetic frankly.

And I call him big hoss because he's a white dude from the south that weighs in at 310 **** pounds. I have no idea what this nickname has to do with trolling.

So Fines is a bonafide NFL prospect because he’s white from the south and weighs 310 ?

This is absolutely wrong in so many ways.

Fines is wrapping up his 3rd season at Miami and still can't see playing time. Martin has already been passed up the depth chart by a true freshman in Ford. He still has time, but so far, getting passed up by someone who got here in mid-August speaks volumes.

Also, Moten was a solid contributor on the D-line since his Sophmore year. Comparing Moten and Fines careers at Miami is laughable at best.

Lol at Fines being a big hoss, I dont even know what that means I hope it doesnt mean hes good cuz he aint good

Kool my guy but yall keep giving him a pass as if he can't do any wrong. If Miami wants to play at a championship level then he has to recruit and develop at a championship level. It's rational to express some concerns at this point!

Advertisement
Kool my guy but yall keep giving him a pass as if he can't do any wrong. If Miami wants to play at a championship level then he has to recruit and develop at a championship level. It's rational to express some concerns at this point!

This.

Kool's been great for the development of the D-line to where it's a strong point. But god forbid that we don't have a reasonable discussion at obvious forecoming depth issues at the most important position in college football.

https://247sports.com/Player/Dorian-Gerald-86700

Seems to be looking hard at SEC schools but Kool just started following on Twitter. Haven't seen him discussed on here.

Maybe Kul should start recruiting kids before Christmas week.
Lol I agree his recruiting has been disappointing honestly.

Coach Kul has been showing the effort for some reason these recruits not seeing the same opportunity we are seeing!! BUT I really believe Kul will get it together for the next NSD..

I never paid a great deal of attention, but my perception was Kul got the most buzz for what he accomplished at Mizzou. And at Mizzou, the point was that he did more with a perceived less. I didn't have the sense that he was supposed to be a great recruiter, but that he was supposed to be a great developer and a superior evaluator.

So maybe we are really in wait and see mode regarding actual recruiting (head to head for top recruits) chops?

https://247sports.com/Player/Dorian-Gerald-86700

Seems to be looking hard at SEC schools but Kool just started following on Twitter. Haven't seen him discussed on here.

Coach Kul has been showing the effort for some reason these recruits not seeing the same opportunity we are seeing!! BUT I really believe Kul will get it together for the next NSD..

I never paid a great deal of attention, but my perception was Kul got the most buzz for what he accomplished at Mizzou. And at Mizzou, the point was that he did more with a perceived less. I didn't have the sense that he was supposed to be a great recruiter, but that he was supposed to be a great developer and a superior evaluator.

So maybe we are really in wait and see mode regarding actual recruiting (head to head for top recruits) chops?

He’s able to get the local guys but he hasn’t shown he can leave the state he coaches in to get talent. He gets OOS guys here and there but has never done it on a consistent basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s able to get the local guys but he hasn’t shown he can leave the state he coaches in to get talent. He gets OOS guys here and there but has never done it on a consistent basis.

Again, I haven't paid enough attention, but I don't remember him keeping high ranked DLs at home at Mizzou. So not sure we can say he locks down (my words, not yours) local guys when they are in demand.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Again, I haven't paid enough attention, but I don't remember him keeping high ranked DLs at home at Mizzou. So not sure we can say he locks down (my words, not yours) local guys when they are in demand.

He did...Kony Ealy and Sheldon Richardson are both from Missouri and were highly ranked.

I think much of the issue recruiting DTs this year is that it is a down year in the coaches eyes. There just aren't too many guys that blow them away and one of them is committed. The rest are mostly committed to other schools but there were not that many elite DTs on the board that were realistic gets. 2019 is a different animal completely. We shall see.

I think much of the issue recruiting DTs this year is that it is a down year in the coaches eyes. There just aren't too many guys that blow them away and one of them is committed. The rest are mostly committed to other schools but there were not that many elite DTs on the board that were realistic gets. 2019 is a different animal completely. We shall see.
The other possiblity is they bet wrong, and should have focused their recruiting differently.

Advertisement
The other possiblity is they bet wrong, and should have focused their recruiting differently.

I'm sure that's what you're going with... It makes you feel good thinking you know more than the best dline coach in cfb right?

This. People must think the more they complain about a lack of DTs on a message board, the more likely it will be that Kul will find a DT to commit. So they just keep complaining about it in every single thread. Dumb fanbase for sure.

This.

Kool's been great for the development of the D-line to where it's a strong point. But god forbid that we don't have a reasonable discussion at obvious forecoming depth issues at the most important position in college football.

Reasonable? Lmao. More like ad nauseam.

Advertisement
Back