Jovani Haskins

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Good sign with Haskins is that he was at the opening team meeting of the semester last night. Looks like he will be back with the team unless something changes.

I'm not sure if the other rumored transfers were at the meeting, but I keep hearing that Courtel Jenkins is "back and forth" on if he will return, and Gus is still most likely gone.

Advertisement
Man I hope Courtel sticks around. Everyone else who's mulling a transfer can kick rocks.

Good news on Haskins...Film showed what he's all about as a very very large person returning punts and k0's for his HS team...

Advertisement
Really like Haskins in two TE sets with Herndon next year. Don't think Gus' departure will hurt too much given Homer's potential emergence and McFarland hopefully signing here.

Advertisement
Gus averaged like 3 yards per carry this season if you take away his long TD run against FAMU. We've seen what he is. I guess there's no harm in him staying here but for ***** sake anyone still expecting more than 300 yards in a season from him is out their gourd.

You guys can bag Gus all you want l, but if Walton goes down someway we r leaning on a Sophomore and 2 Tru Frosh ( supposedly )

Advertisement
him leaving will have no effect on our recruiting class size at this point. and he's out of eligibility after the 2017 season, so he wont effect future class sizes either. unless his attitude is a drag on the team, there's no downside to keeping him around.

Gus please go!!

why? what harm does it do for him to stay?

If McFarland comes then I would want him to go. It is clear the coaches like him and will more than likely put him at the number 2 back and take carries from Homer. They did it with Yearby and Gus looked terrible the last few games. We know what we will get from him a decent back rather have more carries for Homer and the freshman.

Advertisement
You guys can bag Gus all you want l, but if Walton goes down someway we r leaning on a Sophomore and 2 Tru Frosh ( supposedly )

running back is the easiest plug-and-play position in college football. the gus hype on this board is ridiculous.

We need courtel jenkins to stay

Our front 7 and the depth behind it will be scary with him on the squad.

Gus please go!!

why? what harm does it do for him to stay?

If McFarland comes then I would want him to go. It is clear the coaches like him and will more than likely put him at the number 2 back and take carries from Homer. They did it with Yearby and Gus looked terrible the last few games. We know what we will get from him a decent back rather have more carries for Homer and the freshman.

if you dont trust our coaches to handle our players correctly, then gus sticking around for one more year is the least of your worries.

Advertisement
Back