Jovani Haskins

Advertisement
Most of the defensive players on the team would disagree with you. Haskins >> Irvin

Source?
[MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION]

I believe he was only saying what Shaq said. And the post said he expects big things from Haskins AND Irvin. But I could be wrong.

" Expecting Big Things From Haskins and Irvin
I think these two will rise in Njuko's absence Irvin has great hands and good size... Shaq has told me that Haskins has had the defensive coachs ****ed at the D for the plays he would make while on the scout Offense. On several occasions ... to the point he had been told not to catch the ball... Shaq didnt have much opposition with Irving because he would be with the Offense.. but he says Haskins is a beast.. I take Shaq's word... He told me back in the spring Isidora was the best OL...after the season i believe him. "

- Uknowhat

Advertisement
It's not about Gus Edwards being a great player. It's that there's very little returning experience besides Mark Walton. Are you willing to risk having Homer or a true freshman knowing all the pass protections if Walton goes down? It's no big deal for a freshman to come in and take a few carries but learning the entire offense isn't always a breeze.

You dont need experince at rb. The easiest position to transition to at any level.

For the third time in this thread, it's not about running ability, it's the other responsibilities. If Walton goes down and Gus transfers are you comfortable with a true freshman's ability to master all aspects of playing running back? It's not just taking a handoff and running. There's pass protection and route running. There's play audibles and protection audibles. The reason why Homer rarely saw the field on offense last year wasn't because the coaches thought Yearby and Edwards were more talented, it's because they trusted them to not f-up if Kaaya changed the play or the protection. If by midway point next season, one of the freshman has mastered the playbook and Gus gets relegated to fourth string, so be it. I'm just not going to assume a kid is going to come in and be ready to play full time right off the back.

Homer is a soph. He has the experience.

Advertisement
You guys can bag Gus all you want l, but if Walton goes down someway we r leaning on a Sophomore and 2 Tru Frosh ( supposedly )

wait what....?
so if the youngsters r better than gus how is this bad?

as a frsh n soph walton was better than his a55........fuq age and exp let the ballers ball

Advertisement
Most of the defensive players on the team would disagree with you. Haskins >> Irvin

Source?

I believe he was only saying what Shaq said. And the post said he expects big things from Haskins AND Irvin. But I could be wrong.

I would consider a starter on our team a pretty good source.

Me too! But ONE STARTER is a lot different than "most of the defense players", which is what the poster said. Reading Comprehension.

I would consider a starter on our team a pretty good source.

Me too! But ONE STARTER is a lot different than "most of the defense players", which is what the poster said. Reading Comprehension.

Pretty reasonable inference that if Shaq thinks it the other guys who are playing against him in practice think it too, especially if his performance was as notable as what was passed along. My reading comprehension is just fine, thank you.

Advertisement

Yeeeaahh...

CqoxdxyXgAE18y4.jpg

Homer is going to be Sophomore next year, when to you want him to play? If hasn't picked up all things associated with this Offense by basically sitting and watching for the past year, when will he?

I think Homer will be fine, and IMO Gus is being short sighted, he'd be the first RB to relieve Walton or he's worried that he may get buried behind Homer and if that's the case, than he should move on.

It's not about Gus Edwards being a great player. It's that there's very little returning experience besides Mark Walton. Are you willing to risk having Homer or a true freshman knowing all the pass protections if Walton goes down? It's no big deal for a freshman to come in and take a few carries but learning the entire offense isn't always a breeze.

You dont need experince at rb. The easiest position to transition to at any level.

For the third time in this thread, it's not about running ability, it's the other responsibilities. If Walton goes down and Gus transfers are you comfortable with a true freshman's ability to master all aspects of playing running back? It's not just taking a handoff and running. There's pass protection and route running. There's play audibles and protection audibles. The reason why Homer rarely saw the field on offense last year wasn't because the coaches thought Yearby and Edwards were more talented, it's because they trusted them to not f-up if Kaaya changed the play or the protection. If by midway point next season, one of the freshman has mastered the playbook and Gus gets relegated to fourth string, so be it. I'm just not going to assume a kid is going to come in and be ready to play full time right off the back.

Advertisement
Back