Josh Pate On Miami

Advertisement
I know exactly how it’ll go. It’s been the same story here for 20yrs.

FSU beats Miami handedly.

A physically beat up team limps into a UL game that will have a borderline Top 10 team want to make a statement against Miami. Another loss.

Kids pack it up, and start making business decisions. Game against BC is lost.
You know Brohm wants to keep that presence in South Florida.

Jamari Thrash will have 125 yards on us. If UVA’s guy and Tez at UNC destroyed us, Coleman and Wilson will both feast on our secondary. And now we don’t have DPJ.

Him and Mario must be close personal friends.

There’s no way that an objective person calls 8-4 massive progress with this schedule and these results at the end of the year.
RIGHT NOW? As IT STANDS? I take 8-4 and smile, real ****. It feels like Mario is content to have 10 RB on sidelines but run Fletcher into ground up middle of teeth of defense 35-30 times, milk the clock, run 40 plays and not really score TDs but keep score close to lose in tUfF n FiZiCaL manner. That **** will not even get TDs rest of season at this pace..

So squeezing out 2 more wins would be a blessing. As it stands 0-3 seems like the target with this new found mario gameplan and we might be able to overtime a win

Married To Medicine Television GIF

There is no secret recipe at Miami. It’s the same as every other program. Hire innovative coaches, recruit good players = results.

Yep. Straight up
Inhale Loda GIF by Alliance

If someone would've told you in August that we would go 7-5 or 8-4 with wins over TAMU and Clemson, had a top ranked Defense, and a top ranked OL you wouldn't have called that progress?

I get we can be better and our record could be better but it is progress.
What if they then told you at the time that through 9 games A&M would be 5-4 (3-3 in conference) and Clemson would be 5-4 (2-4 in conference)? Suddenly those wins don't seem as impressive any more. Expectations are allowed to - and should - shift when more information is available.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Someone I repeat someone at qb is going to look very good in a few years with what he’s putting in front of them. Kids will start going in the first that will create hype and coaches can’t say you won’t develop. Cause all they see is first round, Miami puts another in the first. Then we start rolling and be known once again as a football factory and hs coaches (who trust the staff already) will trust the staff. We haven’t had a HC that HS coaches were coo with sending kids here. All that bs is gone now, it was toxic asf real toxic.
I like your optimism but what from his days at Oregon leads you to believe he is going to get those first round offensive recruits? He was gifted a first round QB and brought in nothing after him.

I said 8-4 before the season started, with a realistic shot at 9-3.

The issue is, we know all too well how this ends.

Blasted by FSU, quit on the season, Louisville romps us in front of a 30k crowd (at best), limp into BC in the freezing cold just wanting the season to end.

Go ahead and prove us wrong Mario. I’d love to finish 8-4 at this point. I watched BC in person twice, they’re absolutely nothing special and very vanilla on offense. But this has the makings of 37-13 FSU, 34-17 Louisville, 24-10 BC.
This is much more accurate than I want it to be. As you said "prove us wrong"

Advertisement
Part of Miami's atmospherics are insane inconsistencies.

It would actually be on brand for Miami to:

- Lose out
- L FSU, W Louie, W BC

and yes, each scenario is 50%

I like your optimism but what from his days at Oregon leads you to believe he is going to get those first round offensive recruits? He was gifted a first round QB and brought in nothing after him.
Francis
Mikel
Bain
LT
Kam (possibly)
JW

Some random OL we don’t expect lol

He’s going to put studs in the league imo and that’s just up front.

It is how you get to the record.
This team is a lot better than the team we thought we've had when made the predictions.

Now the coaching and QB play have pulled the whole thing down

This is an 8-0 team with the proper utilization of available weapons and better coaching/decision making

We all would like to know one day the real reason of the offensive and passing game regression.

I refuse to believe that Dawson is not smart enough to get O ready for zone defense and 8 man drop

Last edited:
Advertisement
Francis
Mikel
Bain
LT
Kam (possibly)
JW

Some random OL we don’t expect lol

He’s going to put studs in the league imo and that’s just up front.
Well 3 of those are Manny recruits and most are on defense and none are skill players. So the question still remains…

Well 3 of those are Manny recruits and most are on defense and none are skill players. So the question still remains…
That OL will eventually attract recruits of skill and the DL. A lot of kids on this roster would not be here. If Manny were here or any other previous coach besides Butch I bet my life Bain would be at bama. I do not care if his birth certificate said hurricane Bain. That never means sh in our down years.

Objective take in my opinion. Mistakes have been made from the HC to the coordinators on down to some of the players, but progress definitely has been made albeit it slower progress than most fans would like (myself included). I’m disappointed in decisions that were made and losses that were unnecessary, however not ready to throw the towel in on the entire staff and start over again.

What definite progress?

I’m legitimately interested in what progress people are seeing from the end of the 2021 season that ended with the team winning 5/6 games

Advertisement
We have been an amateur outfit for the better part of the past 20 years. Pate is right in a vacuum but Mario really isn't giving the fanbase much to be excited about moving forward.
Mario also wasn’t brought here to perform like the last 20 years. He’s been given unprecedented resources and, thus far, haven’t been any better.

In the portal era (he’s used that heavily), year 2 is more like the old year 3 so there isn’t an excuse to be plodding around like this.

Simply saying 5 wins to 7 wins is progress and everything else should be disregarded is totally disingenuous.

That OL will eventually attract recruits of skill and the DL. A lot of kids on this roster would not be here. If Manny were here or any other previous coach besides Butch I bet my life Bain would be at bama. I do not care if his birth certificate said hurricane Bain. That never means sh in our down years.
Sure didnt happen when he was at Oregon. He has 0 track record of that at the skill position. You would think after having a first round QB at Oregon the offensive skill players would have flocked to him. Nope didn’t happen. He had to go get Anthony Brown from Boston College in the portal for a QB bc his recruits weren’t good enough.

Some people won’t even give the man 3 seasons minimum before they sabotage the process.

IMO, coaching and playing at Miami is completely different than Louisville, Duke, etc. It takes a special coach and special kids. I also think, it’s more kids that need to be weeded out the program. Kids in USC (LA) and Miami have a lot more bs to navigate to focus on football.

It’s the same reason why Lincoln Riley will struggle to get USC to where their fans “expect them to be” quickly and that’s with a Heisman QB.

Everybody got a right to be upset at decisions that’s been made, I just don’t think 1.5 years through the process it’s time to hit the reset button.

Keep tweaking… lol

Our biggest MariBros here did not give Manny, an inexperienced HC,1 game before they sabotaged him because they were butthurt their friend Mario had the job snatched from him.

Now they’re willing to give Mario, with more resources, more experience, every excuse in the book…

**** that 3 seasons whining poor Mario…

Do something right Mario, give us hope in 1 aspect of your job and a glimmer of positivity… we’re begging for it…

Last edited:
Sure didnt happen when he was at Oregon. He has 0 track record of that at the skill position. You would think after having a first round QB at Oregon the offensive skill players would have flocked to him. Nope didn’t happen. He had to go get Anthony Brown from Boston College in the portal for a QB bc his recruits weren’t good enough.
This is correct they were trash. I have no debate against this I just view it as we will be fine in the long run. I don’t think he could land Trader or Bain at Oregon though.

Advertisement
Back