Josh Pate On Mario Cristobal & Miami Doubters This Season (Late Kick Cut)

Advertisement

He pretty much nailed it for anyone level headed. 8 wins is where this team/program is. They need 8 wins this year been saying that.

Last year really set back the trajectory. We all know that. 5-7 and two fired coordinators makes recruiting even more challenging.

It’s going to take 3 years to rebuild like it or not. Ready for the season

Advertisement
He pretty much nailed it for anyone level headed. 8 wins is where this team/program is. They need 8 wins this year been saying that.

Last year really set back the trajectory. We all know that. 5-7 and two fired coordinators makes recruiting even more challenging.

Agree with everything but rebuild. This is a straight up build.

Advertisement
Josh has always believed in Mario 50x more than 80% of our fans do. He’s been saying the same **** for 2 years now. This is the dude for the job, he’s the absolute dog of dogs on the trail, and he’ll do this right. Might take a minute, but there isn’t a human on the planet who will work harder than Mario is/will for this program.

Time to show some progress. I think he will.

8 wins moves the needle for no one IDK why that's such a big number recruits media will only move to our bandwagon with 10 maybe 9

Josh has always believed in Mario 50x more than 80% of our fans do. He’s been saying the same **** for 2 years now. This is the dude for the job, he’s the absolute dog of dogs on the trail, and he’ll do this right. Might take a minute, but there isn’t a human on the planet who will work harder than Mario is/will for this program.

Time to show some progress. I think he will.
Think too many people assumed that players and coaches would be on board with the style from the get-go and that wasn't the case

Advertisement
Think too many people assumed that players and coaches would be on board with the style from the get-go and that wasn't the case

Could be. Or it could be that what this staff is doing, for better or worse, is FAR different than what the old staff was doing. And sometimes it takes more than one flush to get all the turds down.

Agree with everything but rebuild. This is a straight up build.

I Guess If You Say So GIF

8 wins moves the needle for no one IDK why that's such a big number recruits media will only move to our bandwagon with 10 maybe 9

Actually it moves the needle for a ton of ppl. 8 wins is 3 win progress. That is huge. Anything over 8 is found gold. We still have holes and depth issues on this roster with a brand new staff AGAIN!!!

8 wins and a bowl win keeps the train on the track and another top recruiting class. Then we move the sticks to 9-10 win yup season. We aren’t going from 5 wins to 10 just cause we got a few transfers and some G5 coordinators

Advertisement
I'm have a bias toward McAfee for some personal and geograohical reasons but Pate would've been a 1000x better addition to that GameDay broadcast if we're just talking actual quality of the show/information/analysis.

As was mentioned, I think it's actually better for us that Pate hasn't been scooped by ESPN or FS1 yet. I think he got a pretty good amount of $ with his last new deal so let him continue to grow his show/brand to a point that it'll be big enough that he can't be ruined or changed too much if he does eventually make the leap to a big network.

It’s about solidifying the message. The sales pitch is getting the program back to the right level, the pitch is also that it is not going to be overnight, the pitch is rebuilding the program for sustainable success for the long term. For an 18 year old you are selling them on where they will be by their 3rd year, their money year. After the unwarranted hype going into last season, the 8 wins floor solidifies the message, it solidifies the sales pitch.
For the no one that it moves the needle for, those are the people who clearly can’t see a big picture, they foolishly believe it should just jump immediately to 10 wins. They can’t see that you lay the foundation properly, the success of winning 10 games or more a year becomes consistent and not occasionally. That in turn also now puts you at a level that the top recruits at the “glamour” positions you will land some of them.

Since this thread will devolve into the same nonsensical circular argument from a bunch of people who don’t know what they’re talking about I’ll just focus on the fun part

“His offensive coordinator hire SUCKED last year”

☠️

Also I respect Pates opinions because he presses the 120s

Advertisement
Back