Josh Pate On Mario Cristobal & Miami Doubters This Season (Late Kick Cut)

Advertisement
Pate is my favorite college football personality out right now. He’s balanced and informed and I think his production is right on. If I’m Fox I’m trying snatch him to compete with Game Day. Hes excellent
Josh Pate has stated in earlier podcast that he doesn't think he would be interested in doing a Saturday show that competes with College Gameday. Money is persuasive, of course--but I think Josh likes to have creative control over his shows and any legacy media would snatch that freedom away from him.

Could be. Or it could be that what this staff is doing, for better or worse, is FAR different than what the old staff was doing. And sometimes it takes more than one flush to get all the turds down.
You seem to be suggesting a new staff addition.

plunger.gif

Advertisement
Fairly reasonable take. Credit/blame. Didn’t let Mario off the hook. Didn’t claim him to be da gawd. Didn’t crucify him.

Depending on who posted exactly what Pate said, they’d be labeled a mope here…

Balanced but uninformed; he didn't mention the roster Mario inherited nor the injuries sustained during the season.

8 wins moves the needle for no one IDK why that's such a big number recruits media will only move to our bandwagon with 10 maybe 9
I agree, and I’ve been saying this all summer. In my opinion, 9 wins is the magic number. There’s a difference between “showing progress” and “impressing recruits.” Yes, 8 wins would be nice, but when you look at our talent comparative to our schedule there’s simply not a lot of matchups that you could convince me we should lose. Clemson? Ok I’m with you. A&M? That game could go either way, but not embarrassing to lose to a loaded SEC team. FSU? I think we get revenge this year, but they’re preseason top ten and favorites to win the conference by some. Again, not the end of the world. Beyond that, I defy anyone to convince me we should lose to anyone else on our schedule because I’m not hearing it. So, yea, 9 wins I think is the goal we must attain this season.

Pate is my favorite college football personality out right now. He’s balanced and informed and I think his production is right on. If I’m Fox I’m trying snatch him to compete with Game Day. Hes excellent

Fox show is already better than gameday. Kirk saves gameday to some extent and hits the ok g standing tradition but the rest are replaceable. Desmond just says random ****. Reece doesn’t bring much to the table, corso is just too old.

Fox has been better than then for years. Hate urban or not, him talking football is really good. They actually discuss games with knowledge whereas gameday is more just entertainment and why they are bringing in a guy like Pat

Advertisement
Pate’s not leaving for a while. He gets to PICK which games he wants to go to for the week, not just the best matchup of the week. That kind of control to a lifelong CFB fan can be hard to walk away from

Actually it moves the needle for a ton of ppl. 8 wins is 3 win progress. That is huge. Anything over 8 is found gold. We still have holes and depth issues on this roster with a brand new staff AGAIN!!!

8 wins and a bowl win keeps the train on the track and another top recruiting class. Then we move the sticks to 9-10 win yup season. We aren’t going from 5 wins to 10 just cause we got a few transfers and some G5 coordinators
fair take

ESPN should have handed Pate a blank check and begged him to come save their company.

/ I'm glad they didn't

They gave that check to Marty Smith, because he looked and sounded like their target demographic.

Irregardless of the fact that he is a straight rêtard masquerading as a cross between a pseudo sports journalist & a red neck Hunter Thompson.

In the end, i say fück’em & let that Bristol clown college burn.

Josh Pate / Pate State has really won a place in my sports viewership liberation. Concise, no fakey hot takey, low homerish pandering, & a sincere effort to tell a well rounded & compelling story.

Hèll CFB is dynamic enough without any spin doctors tellin tall tales to appease mental midgets.
65165619-6B23-4362-B1F4-E2E78B7D6E7A.gif

Advertisement
I agree, and I’ve been saying this all summer. In my opinion, 9 wins is the magic number. There’s a difference between “showing progress” and “impressing recruits.” Yes, 8 wins would be nice, but when you look at our talent comparative to our schedule there’s simply not a lot of matchups that you could convince me we should lose. Clemson? Ok I’m with you. A&M? That game could go either way, but not embarrassing to lose to a loaded SEC team. FSU? I think we get revenge this year, but they’re preseason top ten and favorites to win the conference by some. Again, not the end of the world. Beyond that, I defy anyone to convince me we should lose to anyone else on our schedule because I’m not hearing it. So, yea, 9 wins I think is the goal we must attain this season.
Miami can't be embarrassed in any game this year.

5/6 wins on razor edge with 8/9/10 win season.

I continue to believe AtM and UNC games will be informative. If the cupcake games in-between are as well (a bad thing), here comes a disappointing campaign.

I'm also not buying the FSU hype. I think it's more likely they get smashed by LSU on opening day than not.

For Miami's opening tilt against Miami (OH), I get the sense Big Manny wants to pound the rock and show the team what could be. Is this the season he re-emerges as Super Mario?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Not that I blame them, but a lot of this started with Kornheiser & Wilbon and Pardon the Interruption. Most shows since then are derivative of that show, and attempt to do what that show did (better).

The bottom line is that Kornheiser/Wilbon were professional colleagues who respected each other, just as Siskel & Ebert did for movie reviews.

Most shows since PTI substitute arguing and adversity for the camaraderie that Kornheiser/Wilbon have.
How many times has this played out over the years? The chemistry between individuals makes a show good and everyone decides it's the format that's the key.

Advertisement
Back