Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
These metrics indicate Gattis (at least at Michigan) based his scheme on a reliable pass/run capable OL. Miami (today) has a barely serviceable pass block OL (really TVD makes it go more than they) and essentially a non-functional run block against conpetent DL/LBs.

Let's see what he does in 22....
Pass blocking was actually pretty good.

Advertisement
Interesting note:

Feldmann was sitting on the story for 72 hours........ I just listened to a podcast by the Athletic about the hire - it was said there.

EDIT: Miami paid a $500,000 buyout for him.
by sitting on it Feldman got scooped. I am checking out the Pod now..thanks.

Interesting note:

Feldmann was sitting on the story for 72 hours........ I just listened to a podcast by the Athletic about the hire - it was said there.

EDIT: Miami paid a $500,000 buyout for him.
What’s the name of the podcast?

people were saying he's a Ace recruiter, i really dont know anything about him so i turned to 247. They had him ranked 73rd this cycle in big ten, also his all time recruit page is pretty unimpressive. we shall see

I was on his 247 page earlier.

My issue (and it seems like yours too, even though you worded it differently) is as a talent evaluator, not as a recruiter.

He signed plenty of blue chip recruits, but lots of them were busts.

I wasn’t going to rain on the parade until I at least did some more research, but since you said it already 🤷🏼‍♂️

I hope we can bring in Sherrone Moore to be the TE coach…

Field has done enough to get that spot, but Moore brings much more from an on the field POV. He is connected with Gattis, has been successful coaching TEs as well, and would help us more in the run game and up front overall. Make this happen and give Field a top notch off the field recruiting role.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If anyone wants to form their own opinion on youtube look up mgovault and they got most of michigans offensive snaps from the year.

Reactions: E1k
I hope we can bring in Sherrone Moore to be the TE coach…

Fields has done enough to get that spot, but Moore brings from an on the field POV. He is connected with Gattis, has been successful coaching TEs as well, and would help us in the run game and up front overall. Make this happen and give Field a top notch off the field recruiting role.
100% agree.

Gattis used 2 TE's 44.4% of the time according to the athletic.

Give me sherrone as CO-OC/TE and essentially we would have mario/mirabal/Moore coaching the OL/TE together and that's incredible

Advertisement
wide right podcast. Ok I am going there. I am a little concerned gattis is one and done. definitely has head coach aspirations.
Very possible and fans should be ready for that or I should even say hope for that... reason being is if he's gone after one year for a HC job it probably means we just had a really good year to warrant the hire....

people were saying he's a Ace recruiter, i really dont know anything about him so i turned to 247. They had him ranked 73rd this cycle in big ten, also his all time recruit page is pretty unimpressive. we shall see

Siiiiiiiiiigh. He was 73rd this recruiting cycle b/c he only had 1 recruit; he only had one recruit b/c Harbaugh kept UofM in limbo. I have three frat bros, including one former high profiled player, & my baby cousin who are all GoBlue alums. We talked about how Harbaugh hamstrung UofM’s class this yr by telling kids he may or may not go to the NFL. Instead of using this momentum to turn UofM’s recruiting into a top 7, they were stagnant & lost out on several high profiled guys.

Also, per 247, Gattis has either P-recruited or S-recruited 44 players, & 50% of them were 4 stars or higher. I’m not sure how that’s not impressive, but to each it’s own.

Advertisement
100% agree.

Gattis used 2 TE's 44.4% of the time according to the athletic.

Give me sherrone as CO-OC/TE and essentially we would have mario/mirabal/Moore coaching the OL/TE together and that's incredible
Gattis OC/WR
Moore TE/Run Game Coord
Coley QB/Pass Game Coord

randy marsh masturbating GIF by South Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back