Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Would have to be. It’s his bread and butter. I’ve felt through this process that the reason Field hasn’t been announced is that Mario was keeping that one loose in case a situation came up where it warranted going to someone else, possibly an OCs right hand man. Field loves it down here by all accounts and we could probably pay him handsomely in an off field role if this happened.

Listen to yourself…It’s a ******* award. Richt was the best coach in the country according to some awards too. Is that even close to reality? No.
listen to yourself you're a ******* clown. That is completely close to reality

We were talking about an actual fact based award voted on by his peers. you have an opinion. congrats. you're amazing

So McClendon was actually telling WR recruits the truth. I wonder if that factored into his decision to leave. Hmmm.
It’s no secret that Mario wants to run the ball. He has always run the ball.

But he’s also not about to cut off TVDs balls by turning him into Blake Bortles, dink and dunk and pound the rock type of offense.

Advertisement
Tale of the tape:

Lashlee Recruiting Tree:

Gattis Recruiting Tree:

Miami’s Offense 2021-22:
✅-Total O: 19th
-Sacks Allowed: 89th
-Rushing: 97th
✅-Passing: 10th
✅-Passing/Completion: 37th
-Scoring: 23rd
-Red Zone: 51st
-1st Down O: 41st
-3rd Down Conversion: 50th
✅-4th Down Conversion: 8th
-TFL Allowed: 108th

-Michigan’s Offense 2021-22:
-Total O: 25th
✅-Sacks Allowed: 5th
✅-Rushing: 15th
-Passing: 68th
-Passing/Completion: 41st
✅-Scoring: 16th
✅-Red Zone: 24th
✅-1st Down O: 27th
✅-3rd Down Conversion: 16th
-4th Down Conversion: T-66th
✅-TFL Allowed: 1st

To me, this seems like a very, very solid hire both from a schematic & recruiting standpoint.

Is it perfect? No, but what offense is? This ain’t an Enos situation; Enos didn’t call any plays for that Bama team, & he sucked as a recruiter, OC, & former HC. Don’t allow what UGA did to UofM taint how solid their O was. Honestly, UofM should’ve had 1 loss this season against UGA (or they probably wouldn’t have played UGA being undefeated). The refs blew the game against MSU.

The other thing to consider is while I appreciate Harbaugh as a coach, my boy couldn’t get a QB worth a **** to save his life. Gattis will have at his disposal one of the best QBs in the game. Give TVD balance, & TVD might re-write history books.

Listen, just like some have become star-whores (& stars matter), but we’ve seen what happens when we focus on stars vs. other nuances to get a proper assessment. Well, w/ coaching, it appears we’ve focused on some “****” names vs. understanding philosophy & fit to align. Cohesion is important. Being on the same page is important.

Personally, I like both hires at DC & OC. With that being said, I’m also not in the 15-0 boat or even the 10+ win boat. If we won 10+ games in yr 1, I would be pleasantly surprised; we’re introducing a new HC, new offensive terminology, new defensive terminology, new S&C regimens, w/ some position holes on our team. That’s a lot; I think we win 9 games including a bowl victory, & by yr 2, we rock the world. Jmo
Put TVD on Michigan’s offense last year and that team is scoring 40 a game. You guys keep using stats without considering personnel. TVD is an NFL QB and he will make every OC look really good.

It’s no secret that Mario wants to run the ball. He has always run the ball.

But he’s also not about to cut off TVDs balls by turning him into Blake Bortles, dink and dunk and pound the rock type of offense.
Exactly. He literally gave TVD a public ball tickle in his opening presser. He knows what he got.

Advertisement
I personally find it interesting that the Michigan fan base reaction to losing a Broyles Award winner is a collective yawn, at best. I'm pretty pumped with the hire, but not being an expert in regards to Michigan's operation, wonder if some of the criticism of Gattis, years 1 & 2 at Michigan, is warranted. In terms of last season's success, it's not unheard of for coordinators to get credit when position coaches and support staff are deserving, yet unrecognized. These type of scenarios cause me to be curious and search for more insight. Unsure how that's falls outside the parameters of fandom.

I understand and you make a reasonable argument, however I remember Bama fans and Saban being upset at losing Enos (Where’s Dan?). Also remember ASU fans saying Likens was trash.

I don’t put stock into what rival fans say anymore.

In terms of the Michigan situation, Gattis first couple of years can be explained by a lack of explosive talent and change of offense. They went from a pro style to a spread offense and had some bad QBs. McNamara isn’t even that good QB, pure game manager. Their future QB was a true freshman this year

I’ve talked to a few Michigan guys that are buddies and they all had a similar reaction to what appears to be one of the most common take on the Michigan boards:

Gattis improved a lot this year, he’s an elite recruiter, and he was set up to explode next year with McCarthy taking over at QB. They don’t like losing him but they’re okay replacing him with 1 of Mike Hart, Sherrone, and or Weiss taking over as playcaller.

Their confidence in “next man up” mentality is a head scratcher imo. None of those guys have playcalling experience and to go from a Broyles Award winner to a complete unknown and to be totally confident they’ll succeed was weird to me.
They’re banking on Harbaugh.

most of the time people get drafted where they are suppose to. If TVD numbers go down as long as scouts see talent he will go high. If scouts say he isnt that good the majority of them then yea he will drop. Scout for the most part always see talent regardless of numbers. If we think who we think TVD is he will be fine if hes a bust and doesnt do well then he was never going to do well. Herbert went high and off the top of my head I dont think he lit it up every **** game, especially against the elites.

Advertisement
Wonder if we will see sets for Brown like he did with McCarthy. Was a fan of that. Mallory and Arroyo better get on the sleds lol.

I have done some more research and i am happy to see he has a reputation for adapting to his personnel. I am still in wait and see mode. I would like to believe the offense will immediately pick up where it left off. I just want to have fun seeing wins pile up THIS year with an incredible quarterback.

Advertisement
So McClendon was actually telling WR recruits the truth. I wonder if that factored into his decision to leave. Hmmm.
But yet he goes to UGA, where they don’t throw it all around the yard, either. You think he’s telling WR recruits not to go to UGA? Nah, I bet not. I think he heard who was possibly… probably coming and decided to dip. If he actually said that to WR recruits, it was probably sour grapes (for having to leave) on his part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back