Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You do realize that this situation is not in Mario's hands right? The Athletic Director, Dan Radakovich, is the individual with the responsibility for all contract related issues ... including termination related issues in complex contractual agreements.
It’s readily apparent that most here do not realize this.

why are you putting my username in this, im ill for the third time in six weeks, don't do that
Just trying to figure out why when I brought up something like this it's a porst but when other's do it's not?

Last edited:
With a $90M HC, huge staff and administrative budgets, and $100M+ in future infrastructure investments, you’d think just paying Gattis to go away would not be a big deal, relatively.

Why pay 7 figures to get rid of a guy when you can not pay 7 figures and get rid of a guy? 7 figures is still 7 figures than can be spent elsewhere.

Patience is a virtue.

Advertisement
It’s readily apparent that most here do not realize this.

Me either.

Even so - if I were Mario - I'd maybe not fire Gattis - but tell him to pack his sack - and don't never - ever again - come back to any of the football facilities.

I'd let my QB draw up plays in the grass before that sorry thing. I'd take care of my realm - and let the AD handle the official university crap.

And if Rad is holding up progress - maybe he needs to go too.

taylor swift suck it GIF

Me either.

Even so - if I were Mario - I'd maybe not fire Gattis - but tell him to pack his sack - and don't never - ever again - come back to any of the football facilities.

I'd let my QB draw up plays in the grass before that sorry thing. I'd take care of my realm - and let the AD handle the official university crap.

And if Rad is holding up progress - maybe he needs to go too.

If Grabass is gone whose going to teach the staring part of the offense to the new guys

Advertisement
Why pay 7 figures to get rid of a guy when you can not pay 7 figures and get rid of a guy? 7 figures is still 7 figures than can be spent elsewhere.

Patience is a virtue.
This is correct but the argument right now is whether that is worth the opportunity cost? The longer we wait the smaller the available pool. You could easily end back up at square one which is making another sub par hire.

This is correct but the argument right now is whether that is worth the opportunity cost? The longer we wait the smaller the available pool. You could easily end back up at square one which is making another sub par hire.

But you're making an uninformed assumption. We have no idea what's been going on behind the scenes. For all we know Miami has a post-dated contract with an OC already in place (as an extreme example). We're in the dark. Sit back and go for the ride. But please, I beg you, don't fill in the blanks with arbitrary negativity. It's baseless and unproductive.

Advertisement
But you're making an uninformed assumption. We have no idea what's been going on behind the scenes. For all we know Miami has a post-dated contract with an OC already in place (as an extreme example). We're in the dark. Sit back and go for the ride. But please, I beg you, don't fill in the blanks with arbitrary negativity. It's baseless and unproductive.
It’s a legit concern and it is not baseless. The precedence isn’t encouraging here. There is a bunch we don’t know but what we do know is that we had a head start and since then other programs, programs in a better spot than us, have come and gone and made moves. Your statement that there maybe was a post dated contract worked out is as likely as our first and second choice having been already snatched up. We don’t know but what we do know once again isn’t encouraging.

Advertisement
It’s a legit concern and it is not baseless. The precedence isn’t encouraging here. There is a bunch we don’t know but what we do know is that we had a head start and since then other programs, programs in a better spot than us, have come and gone and made moves. Your statement that there maybe was a post dated contract worked out is as likely as our first and second choice having been already snatched up. We don’t know but what we do know once again isn’t encouraging.

Fill in the blanks with arbitrary positivity and benefit of the doubt…it worked so well last time…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back