Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I seriously doubt he’d leave his sweet tv gig making great money off UF’s back. We’d be lucky to have him but I don’t see him leaving anytime soon. Maybe he comes back for a HC gig down the road.
Was reading a comment by Ferman regarding Gattis stating "he holds all of the cards and he won't leave to take a job that he doesn't believe is a good move and I don't see UM firing him and being stuck with that buyout". I don't see it that way at all. Even if UM is forced to pay $3 million it is a bargain as Gattis' presence is more costly in damage done to the roster (WR, QB), and horrible game planning / play calling .... in addition to lost ticket sales if he is retained. As far as Gattis finding a "comparable position" .... who the heck would hire him as OC for a P5 program?? Believe UM is going to have to fire him period.

Was reading a comment by Ferman regarding Gattis stating "he holds all of the cards and he won't leave to take a job that he doesn't believe is a good move and I don't see UM firing him and being stuck with that buyout". I don't see it that way at all. Even if UM is forced to pay $3 million it is a bargain as Gattis' presence is more costly in damage done to the roster (WR, QB), and horrible game planning / play calling .... in addition to lost ticket sales if he is retained. As far as Gattis finding a "comparable position" .... who the heck would hire him as OC for a P5 program?? Believe UM is going to have to fire him period.
Has $3mm been confirmed? I missed that.

Gary doesn’t know anything. Which is sad beens he’s a “reporter”. If he knew what others knew he wouldn’t have that take.

@Cribby - I mentioned this earlier but wondering if there is any validity. He was hired in 02/2022 - could it be financially beneficial to cross that full 1 year mark?​

Reactions: ben
Advertisement
. . . But he won the Broyles man. Everyone should want him 🤞🏾🤞🏾😉

Has $3mm been confirmed? I missed that.
No ... not at all ... simply a figure that some have speculated might be on the high side. $1.8 MM from UM for 1 season remaining on his contract as of Feb 2, and some "interpretation" of funds that are apparently still owed to him from his Michigan contract. Another $500K to $1 Mil.

Advertisement
There’s more To this than buyout talk. There’s a reason I keep saying it’s very complicated. It might take some time but he won’t be here.
Speculation ?

-UM contract balance for 1 season = $1.8Mil
-Funds owed due to wording in Michigan contract that UM accepted as part of his deal = $500K - $1 Mil.
-Other? Has to have a "comparable position" on termination? Or some such BS??

Cribby, do YOU believe that Mario has his OC/ QB coach already lined up? I would hope so.

If Ferman is reporting it, then Gattis probably owes us $3 million

Speculation ?

-UM contract balance for 1 season = $1.8Mil
-Funds owed due to wording in Michigan contract that UM accepted as part of his deal = $500K - $1 Mil.
-Other? Has to have a "comparable position" on termination? Or some such BS??

Cribby, do YOU believe that Mario has his OC/ QB coach already lined up? I would hope so.

It’s Liberty City El. His covert movement here is intentional and strategic.

Advertisement
Uhhhh...you do your due diligence...talk to people who have worked with your job candidates...don't just rely on your own personal opinion on whether the candidates "crushed" your interview questions...

I'm not trying to give any particular poster a hard time, but I guess not everyone knows how to do interviews and background checks, or even what kinds of questions to ask. Which is fine, I guess, not everyone is good at everything.

But getting all the intel is something that Alonzo is GREAT at, and Mario has repeatedly demonstrated that he is NOT good at. Mario has identified some talented coaches in the past, but I don't think he's ever been lauded for building any incredibly great STAFFS. And, yes, his first couple of years at Oregon were dictated (coordinator-wise) by the team that Taggart built.

But still...Mario has had exactly ONE coordinator at FIU/Oregon who has lasted more than 2 seasons. Soooo...not exactly known for building stable, long-term staffs that work incredibly well together.
This isn’t very slurper-like of you. I’m going to report you to the Slurper of the Year poll thread.

There’s more To this than buyout talk. There’s a reason I keep saying it’s very complicated. It might take some time but he won’t be here.
I know this is a complicated process, is he also having a hard time finding another OC gig?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Music Video Nostalgia GIF

Does it have anything to do with his time at Michigan or no? Thx, Cribby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back