Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Waking up Sunday after a terrible loss by my team gave me all the flashbacks of my canes :( Need me some good gAttis gone newsssss!

I don’t understand why people around the program consistently say that we’re willing to pay a high school prospect $2M per year but won’t pony up $1.8M to buy out a coach in order to make a necessary change to the offense.

Advertisement
I don’t understand why people around the program consistently say that we’re willing to pay a high school prospect $2M per year but won’t pony up $1.8M to buy out a coach in order to make a necessary change to the offense.
From all accounts it is not that simple as paying the remaining year on his UM contract. If it were it would have been done. Apparently the Michigan contract and some clauses in it that Miami agreed to pick up ($$$) are a delaying factor ... negotiations ... and possibly some "employment options". Whatever it is it has already been alluded to as not being "that simple".

Speculation ?

-UM contract balance for 1 season = $1.8Mil
-Funds owed due to wording in Michigan contract that UM accepted as part of his deal = $500K - $1 Mil.

-Other? Has to have a "comparable position" on termination? Or some such BS??

Cribby, do YOU believe that Mario has his OC/ QB coach already lined up? I would hope so.
Holy ****, if that’s accurate, what a complete ******* disaster by Mario.

From all accounts it is not that simple as paying the remaining year on his UM contract. If it were it would have been done. Apparently the Michigan contract and some clauses in it that Miami agreed to pick up ($$$) are a delaying factor ... negotiations ... and possibly some "employment options". Whatever it is it has already been alluded to as not being "that simple".
That’s fine and we’ll buy my point remains the same. People are using “the buy out” as a sticking point in Gattis not being fired and my statement is that if his $1.8M buyout was the issue - then we don’t have as much money from Ruiz OR. UHealth as we say we do.

Advertisement
No ... not at all ... simply a figure that some have speculated might be on the high side. $1.8 MM from UM for 1 season remaining on his contract as of Feb 2, and some "interpretation" of funds that are apparently still owed to him from his Michigan contract. Another $500K to $1 Mil.
Ok Thanks.

Holy ****, if that’s accurate, what a complete ******* disaster by Mario.
Isn’t Florida a right to work state , meaning he can get fired for anything?

Just fire his *** and let the lawyers and courts figure it out, they’ll come to an agreement thru arbitration.

We sold our souls to the devil in the 80’s
Tim Burton 80S GIF

Advertisement
Not from Gattis. At least not in 2023, the year remaining under contract.
y'all too obsessed with Josh Gattis, and he'll live rent-free in your heads even after he's gone.

I'm talking about the []__[]. People invested in the []__[], not an offensive coordinator.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure what Mario is building or with whom he wants to build it with but I just wish he’d use some fast setting cement instead of the stuff he’s using that takes forever to set up.

Not sure what Mario is building or with whom he wants to build it with but I just wish he’d use some fast setting cement instead of the stuff he’s using that takes forever to set up.
He did say it was going to take 3-4 years to turn the program around, just didn’t realize he was really going to take the full 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back