Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we’re a year in and the only positive differentiation he has shown is his recruiting, which no one really argues. Him working his *** off in his own way doesn’t promise results. What’s the end game you see as a result of this building just so we’re clear?

And he traded the turnover chains in for dress shoes…

Advertisement
respectfully, how can one truly foresee chemistry issues before people actually work together? I'm sure the injuries and losing didn't help chemistry either...

Gattis worked with Moorhead and Saban so i'd imagine Mario had references.

Uhhhh...you do your due diligence...talk to people who have worked with your job candidates...don't just rely on your own personal opinion on whether the candidates "crushed" your interview questions...

I'm not trying to give any particular poster a hard time, but I guess not everyone knows how to do interviews and background checks, or even what kinds of questions to ask. Which is fine, I guess, not everyone is good at everything.

But getting all the intel is something that Alonzo is GREAT at, and Mario has repeatedly demonstrated that he is NOT good at. Mario has identified some talented coaches in the past, but I don't think he's ever been lauded for building any incredibly great STAFFS. And, yes, his first couple of years at Oregon were dictated (coordinator-wise) by the team that Taggart built.

But still...Mario has had exactly ONE coordinator at FIU/Oregon who has lasted more than 2 seasons. Soooo...not exactly known for building stable, long-term staffs that work incredibly well together.

we’re a year in and the only positive differentiation he has shown is his recruiting, which no one really argues. Him working his *** off in his own way doesn’t promise results. What’s the end game you see as a result of this building just so we’re clear?
Sir if you cannot see the dynasty that is being built in Gables then you need glasses. Christ O Ball is about to get us on UGA level

Uhhhh...you do your due diligence...talk to people who have worked with your job candidates...don't just rely on your own personal opinion on whether the candidates "crushed" your interview questions...

I'm not trying to give any particular poster a hard time, but I guess not everyone knows how to do interviews and background checks, or even what kinds of questions to ask. Which is fine, I guess, not everyone is good at everything.

But getting all the intel is something that Alonzo is GREAT at, and Mario has repeatedly demonstrated that he is NOT good at. Mario has identified some talented coaches in the past, but I don't think he's ever been lauded for building any incredibly great STAFFS. And, yes, his first couple of years at Oregon were dictated (coordinator-wise) by the team that Taggart built.

But still...Mario has had exactly ONE coordinator at FIU/Oregon who has lasted more than 2 seasons. Soooo...not exactly known for building stable, long-term staffs that work incredibly well together.

The FBI is going to start sending their background checks to Mario because he is so detailed and thorough…

Or he just takes too ******* long and isn’t good at it…

Anyhow, when does that Wake Forest guy start

Advertisement
The FBI is going to start sending their background checks to Mario because he is so detailed and thorough…

Once again, you've proven that you don't get it, and you just don't understand.

Mario over-focused on certain traits and under-focused on others. It's incredibly simple and easy to understand.

Try harder, read more carefully, and think before you post.

He was going to go into the secret service so perhaps that was some foreshadowing

Jean Yoon Reaction GIF by Kim's Convenience

Advertisement
Once again, you've proven that you don't get it, and you just don't understand.

Mario over-focused on certain traits and under-focused on others. It's incredibly simple and easy to understand.

Try harder, read more carefully, and think before you post.

So no Mullen or Ruggiero?

Mario should focus on an OC that can coordinate an offense and not **** off his other coaches, parents and players. Maybe one that has coached offenses that scored points.

So no Mullen or Ruggiero?

Mario should focus on an OC that can coordinate an offense and not **** off his other coaches, parents and players. Maybe one that has coached offenses that scored points.

Eliminates Mullen, then.

Ruggiero's name was floated, and while I can admire him and his record, I never believed there was a storyline for why he would take the Miami job. Dude has been locked in with Clawson for a loooong time and does not seem to be driven by money or job title growth.

Doesn't mean that we haven't reached out, but I don't think it's "more likely than not".

Advertisement
That’s the team I worried about but our DL is nasty. And they have to come through Philly.
Too bad Lions weren't in the playoffs cause of their terrible start to the season (lost to Philly by 3). They easily were 3rd or 4th best team in NFC to end season.

Advertisement
IMO, Strong is a better candidate than Steele. I doubt he’s the next DC. Rumors he’s looking at good opportunity’s elsewhere.
Not saying you’re wrong or anything it’s your opinion but why do u think strong is better than steele?

They have a future star at OC
well for 1 more year at least. Raiders have ****ed me off so I've just been rooting for the Lions. The real star for the Lions is their GM they got from the Rams - Brad Holmes. When you are responsible for 2 drafts and you end up with 8+ starters (in Amon-Ra, Penei Sewell, Jameson Williams, Aidan Hutchinson, James Houston, Alim McNeil, Malcolm Rodriguez, Kerby Joseph, Josh Pascal, etc) you're going to turn your franchise around. All about the talent acquisition and culture Campbell has set. AND they have two 1sts and two 2nds in this upcoming draft along with what will be a lot of cap space... They just need to draft Defense heavily. And lucky for them this is a deep CB draft, and they can get DT with pick 6...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back