Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Why does the holdup matter if you have no ability to address it?

And how do you know he doesn't already have his guy(s)?
How do you know he does? We waited forever to hire an OC last year and ended up with Gattis. I’d like for Mario to at least interview some of these guys before they get hired by someone else

I’m suggesting a large percentage of this board doesn’t understand what they watch on Saturdays. If they watch at all.

And I’m not defending Gattis in any capacity. He is deservedly being jettisoned after 1 season, which normally I wouldn’t advocate. But that performance was inexcusable, even when you take everything into consideration.
listening nod GIF by HUANG'S WORLD

How do you know he does? We waited forever to hire an OC last year and ended up with Gattis. I’d like for Mario to at least interview some of these guys before they get hired by someone else

I don't know what Mario has or hasn't done and won't draw conclusions one way or another.

As a general rule, I don't get worked up about things I have no control over.

Advertisement
There was no firing process last year, it was really just hiring. And, yes, Mario (without assistance from Alonzo) put all his eggs in the "but they have good teaching skills and they'll recruit" basket, instead of focusing on background checks and coaching chemistry. Not to mention, the double-anal we took from T-Rob and C-Mac.

I think that Mario wants to have a short timespan between job openings and hirings for this year.

You'll be able to judge that soon. But Dan's not a speed bump here. The speed bump is the speed bump.

respectfully, how can one truly foresee chemistry issues before people actually work together? I'm sure the injuries and losing didn't help chemistry either...

Gattis worked with Moorhead and Saban so i'd imagine Mario had references.

Last edited:
I only pop into this thread occasionally, but I feel like I'm being gaslit "Trust me, bro, he's definitely gone. Don't know what the hold up is, but he won't be here next year".

That's not a shot at anyone, before you get your knickers in a twist, but man this process is weird.
Will Smith Reaction GIF

Advertisement
respectfully, how can one truly foresee chemistry issues before people actually work together? I'm sure the injuries and losing didn't help chemistry either...

Gattis worked with Moorhead and Saban so i'd imagine Mario had references.
But not as as an OC….. it’s a different dynamic leading people

When's the last time he's been seen around the program? gotta think the writing on the wall has to come to fruition soon with no recruits tagging him in anything.

Advertisement
end of day gattis will be gone. Maybe Kevin smith too.
Steele might go off field, strong to dc, and dvd on field but defense changes are not likely. based on the lack of talent and depth last year, cant really blame the scheme too much.
Addae?

Advertisement
Steele might go off field, strong to dc, and dvd on field but defense changes are not likely. based on the lack of talent and depth last year, cant really blame the scheme too much.

2006 Florida Gators

Offensive Coordinator (Dan Mullen)

Co-Defensive Coordinator (Charlie Strong)

Both two different stints as a HC. Mullen at MSU and then Florida and fired. Strong at UL and then Texas and fired.

Let's do it! Let's use the Gaytor to win! lmao! Just bring in Mullen, promote Charlie, send Steele to analyst.

IMO, Strong is a better candidate than Steele. I doubt he’s the next DC. Rumors he’s looking at good opportunity’s elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back