Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Matt, on Canesport, insists that it is simply UM giving Gattis the opportunity to find another job and that if he can't THEY believe that UM will demote Gattis to WR/Co Oc and bring in another OC/QB coach. That to me seems like a no win for anybody as Gattis has a horrible relationship with the staff, roster and local HS coaches. Matt also commented that "apparently Garcia left due to the ongoing delays with Gattis and confirmation of a new OC".

Matt is completely wrong.

I'm sure Miami wanted it to be quick and quiet. Gattis just didn't seem to realize that was in his best long term interest as well.
Sure seems the longer it drags out the worse it looks for Gattis. The entire coaching world knows he is not wanted by Miami ... and it looks like he isn't wanted by anyone else either ... for any position.

Advertisement
I’m focused on OCs. We should be focused on how well the offense did, even on a bad team. Because the OC is the hire we are talking about making.

The OC’s job is to score a bunch of points.

Arroyo didn’t do that.

Oregon went 12-2 because the defense ranked 5th that year.

Oregon went 12-2 because they developed better balance, improved the OL, and kept Herbert healthy, as well as improving the defense.

I don't give a **** about yardage, points matter. In 2019, Oregon was #16 in scoring points and #9 in allowing the fewest points. That's balance.

Arroyo's offenses in 2018 and 2019 threw the ball more and more, a lot more than the team did in 2017 under Taggart.

Maybe It’ll happen but that doesn’t make any sense to me. Brian’s only experience is working under his dad, now he’s going to the patriots?
See my post above, BOB was OC in 2011 and assistant starting 2007.

55E439A9-DDE7-4A46-A3D2-19C8D4D53C45.jpeg

Advertisement
Matt, on Canesport, insists that it is simply UM giving Gattis the opportunity to find another job and that if he can't THEY believe that UM will demote Gattis to WR/Co Oc and bring in another OC/QB coach. That to me seems like a no win for anybody as Gattis has a horrible relationship with the staff, roster and local HS coaches. Matt also commented that "apparently Garcia left due to the ongoing delays with Gattis and confirmation of a new OC".

This seems like a viable option if Gattis wants to try to salvage his reputation and for UM to come out of it with the least amount of PR damage (having to fire a former Broyles award winner in disgrace). If he doesn't find a landing spot and gets fired this can get ugly. If he sticks around being reassigned other duties and someone else is hired to call plays and work with qbs maybe he can find a way to redeem himself.

If the above does happen he needs to take advantage of that and not further sour the situation for his own career aspirations. If he wants to continue poisoning the situation this could be career suicide for him.

This is also why it’s very annoying when people think ponce is **** when it’s clear that Gattis is the problem the fact that he is stubborn and thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room and won’t take help or advice from guys that actually have interactions with the QBs. Are you surprised that other coaching moves haven’t been made and are they the same contract issues like Gattis I.E. Addae

To be honest, yes, I'm surprised that there hasn't been more activity on the defense side, though that depends on the move. For instance, if Steele retires, that can be announced whenever. But if Addae is being pushed out, I'd imagine he hasn't found a landing spot yet, as Ponce did.

I've heard that Mario doesn't want the positions to remain open for long. Take from that what you will.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is also why it’s very annoying when people think ponce is **** when it’s clear that Gattis is the problem the fact that he is stubborn and thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room and won’t take help or advice from guys that actually have interactions with the QBs. Are you surprised that other coaching moves haven’t been made and are they the same contract issues like Gattis I.E. Addae
ponce isnt bad but not UM OC worthy. hes right where he should be as an OC.

Advertisement

keeping Gattis in any capacity is a total failure of leadership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back