Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Gattis guy has people arguing over whether we should get Ned Yost or Bronson Arroyo to be our OC when we were told Mario’s phone rings off the hook with people wanting to coach with him…

Fantabulous.

Let’s see what Bama has up their sleeve. Should be a fun one to see the result.
They both have World Series rings so why wouldn’t we want them?

Advertisement
Yeah something weird is going on. Gattis seems like the type of dude to file a lawsuit or some **** claiming wrongdoing.

He is soft and an emotional beta. It’s always a risk when hiring ppl like that.
Golden did. That didn’t stop us from firing him mid season

Larry Blustein is senile

Said the next OC that Mario finds will have to adopt and adjust to the Gattis system already in place

Gtfo….. why he is respected is beyond me
Chill man lol no blue slander he’s a great dude

Advertisement
Host: Mario, it's 5:04PM. You said you'd be here at 4 and that you were right around the corner. People are getting tired waiting for you man.

Mario: Papo, I hit some "legit issues" on the way over. El traffico esta de pinga. But, tranquilo, I'm about to pull up.

Narrarator: After showering and applying massive amounts of cologne, Mario's 16th colada of the day finally hit. Mario is currently on the toilet in the middle of a messy disaster.

I fully support the hiring of David Yost. Not because I think he's the best available candidate but rather because he just comes off like such a cool dude. It would be fun to have a surfer-type guy on the UM coaching staff. It might provide some balance to Mario's Great Santini shtick.

Fun comments aside, I DO think Yost would be an above average hire. I'd be totally cool with it.

Advertisement
For as much some will never agree on the Mario/Arroyo/Herbert debate, one thing that can’t be argued against is that Arroyo inherited a great situation when he took over as the playcaller at Oregon in the weakest defensive conference among the Power 5 at the time.

Oregon’s offense was ranked in the top 20 nationally in both points per game (per ESPN) and yards per play (per NCAA.com) in 2017. Herbert was already a two-year starter and was universally regarded as one of the top returning QB’s in the country before Arroyo became their lone OC.

He inherited a really good offense and they continued to be really good. Many of their fans were vocally opposed to his conservative, plodding pistol having witnessed an astounding 23% of passing plays be designed screens in Herbert’s senior year. You could view it as “they were still really good, so who cares” or you could view it as they kept the Cadillac in the garage and created their own glass ceiling.

Whoever is going to be taking over as our OC is inheriting an absolute s***show of an offense, not an already fine tuned machine. With the money this program is spending now, Arroyo shouldn’t even be a viable consideration. Miami should be the home of innovation and dynamic offense, not the plodding pistol or anything eerily reminiscent of the bulls*** we trotted out a season ago.

Does accuracy matter?

First, 2017 was the year that Arroyo and Cristobal were Co-OCs. So if you are arguing that when Arroyo became the sole OC in 2018 he "inherited" a good offense, wouldn't he be partly responsible for that?

Second, in case you are ******** up your dates and facts, Herbert only started 7 games in the year before Arroyo-Cristobal arrived (2016), with only 2 wins, and then missed 5 games in 2017 due to injury. Herbert was talented, but let's not act like Oregon was in great shape at that point. One thing that is consistent in all 4 of Herbert's years, the top 2 Oregon RBs logged 1700-2000 yards each year.

In fact, the MOST successful running year for Oregon was Herbert's sophomore year, when the top 3 Oregon RBs went for 2,500 yards. And while Herbert was hurt for 5 games, it is also the one year (of Herbert's 2016-2019 years) when the offense ran the MOST and passed the LEAST.

Again...Herbert played only parts of his first two seasons. It wasn't until his junior and senior years that he was able to play in every game. So, you know, maybe there are legitimate reasons for Arroyo to let Herbert grow with the protection of a great running game, or to simply protect Herbert from injury.

@Cribby a lot of talk that Gattis has a chance to be back if it doesn’t play out the way everyone wants it to. Seems odd and can only make the staff chemistry and player development etc worse. Chances he is retained?

Yeah something weird is going on. Gattis seems like the type of dude to file a lawsuit or some **** claiming wrongdoing.

He is soft and an emotional beta. It’s always a risk when hiring ppl like that.
Gattis' career could be on the verge of being ruined or at least significantly set back due to his one year at Miami. And no matter what everybody says, Mario is at least partially to blame.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to get everything he can out of this. It could be a while before he can get a job that pays like this again.

Advertisement
22EBA2D4-29BE-4C15-A9C2-24EF846F1633.jpeg

Thanks for putting the whole story out for the masses to digest. So ask the question…. Would we cane fans rather have the #9 offense in the nation and finish 4-8… or have the number 41st offense and finish 12-2. I know which one I’m choosing….. and it **** sure not 4-8!

No problem. I just prefer honest discourse, even if it doesn't fit a narrative or yield the answer that some people seem to want.

I'm not pushing for Arroyo. But we all know certain posters are bashing Arroyo as a proxy for bashing Mario. It's beyond obvious.

I'm just pointing out that the "offense-only" approach by Helfrich...is what got him fired. And while Taggart and Arroyo and Cristobal didn't come in and vault that offense even higher, they achieved better balance and team results, even if that meant that Herbert never got to throw the ball 500 or 600 times.

More importantly, Herbert didn't get hurt in 2018 and 2019, Oregon won more and more games, and Herbert was drafted #6 overall.

Win-win-win.

Advertisement
Gattis' career could be on the verge of being ruined or at least significantly set back due to his one year at Miami. And no matter what everybody says, Mario is at least partially to blame.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to get everything he can out of this. It could be a while before he can get a job that pays like this again.
His career was destined to be ruined because he‘s toxic and wears out his welcome everywhere he goes.

@TheOriginalCane , Incorrect....Herbert became the starter as a Frosh at Oregon after the 5th game. And I couldn't care less about the Broyles Award. Yost's body of work everywhere he's been speaks for itself. Up-tempo Offense is his trademark. He's acknowledged as the Premier CFB QB coach the last 15yrs. He's coached and developed more quality CFB QBs than Mullen.

My friend, I was just being sarcastic. I'm fine with Yost, if that's who Mario hires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back