Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Bdsm Spanking GIF by South Park

Its been a week since the Miami Hurricanes 2022 Football season has ended and Josh Gattis is still employed. The moving of the goal posts with this guy continues. First it was we need to wait until after the season, then it became wait until dec 1st for the buyout to drop, now its wait until after early signing day.

And if Mario is consistent with last year he'll take his time to go hire an OC. I understand that he wants to focus on recruiting but getting this hire right should be the most important part and a primary building block if he wants to be successful here. I'm dumbfounded that he hasn't made a statement by at least firing him already.

Advertisement
Ponce caused the QBs to regress. He is the QB coach. Him and Gattis need to go.
Ah, he REPORTS TO GATTIS. Gattis is the OC and all of the offensive staffers take their directions from him. It has been reported that there was a major disconnect between Gattis and Ponce ... so basically Ponce wasn't doing anything. Classic clusterxxxx.

ponce is fine. qb coaches are overrated honestly. a good enough scheme will hide deficiencies.

bring in another OC and if he wants to retain ponce then fine but gattis is the issue

Advertisement
So Harbaugh didn't fire him and instead worked with him? He also won the Broyles award even though his head coach hated him? You realize they have to be nominated by the head coach right? So Harbaugh, who hated Gattis, not only kept him on staff for 3 years and got him help, but also nominated him for the most prestigious award in college football for an assistant coach?

I agree Mario needs to move on from Gattis and 100% think it happens. I'm just trying to give some perspective on why it hasn't PUBLICLY happened yet.
Lol at the Broyles prestigious....

ponce is fine. qb coaches are overrated honestly. a good enough scheme will hide deficiencies.

bring in another OC and if he wants to retain ponce then fine but gattis is the issue
QB Coaches are overrated??....in what f-ing Universe??....Was Earl Morrell overrated when Schnelly hired him to work with Kelly, Kosar and Testeverde??...Stop the stupidity

Advertisement
QB Coaches are overrated??....in what f-ing Universe??....Was Earl Morrell overrated when Schnelly hired him to work with Kelly, Kosar and Testeverde??...Stop the stupidity
people are claiming that are qb's regresed becuause of ponce

that is overrating the importance of ponce in our performance, it's gattis' scheme and our injuries that have done that, not ponce magically making qb's worse

I didn't say they were useless, I said they were overrated because teams with amazing offense scheme can hide qb deficiencies and enable qb coaches less important

stop the stupidity

people are claiming that are qb's regresed becuause of ponce

that is overrating the importance of ponce in our performance, it's gattis' scheme and our injuries that have done that, not ponce magically making qb's worse

I didn't say they were useless, I said they were overrated because teams with amazing offense scheme can hide qb deficiencies and enable qb coaches less important

stop the stupidity
Ask Josh Allen how important Dorsey was as his QB coach. There's is a lot more to playing QB than drop back and throw to X receiver. There's depth of drop, footwork, manipulation of zone coverage with eyes, identifying coverages.... If all of our QBs drop back and stare down the receiver they are throwing too, I don't care what scheme you are running, it's not going to work.

Advertisement
He has a 2 year contract. So he'll be collecting paychecks for awhile.

Which exactly why Mario is being prudent.

The best possible thing for Miami is for Gattis to get the best, highest, paying job he can get. If everybody knows he's about to get fired, he has zero leverage to negotiate with a potential employer.

Mario's job is to do what's best for the University of Miami...
Well he’s **** the bed on that front so far.

Ask Josh Allen how important Dorsey was as his QB coach. There's is a lot more to playing QB than drop back and throw to X receiver. There's depth of drop, footwork, manipulation of zone coverage with eyes, identifying coverages.... If all of our QBs drop back and stare down the receiver they are throwing too, I don't care what scheme you are running, it's not going to work.
completely taking my point out of context

most OC's serve as both OC and QB. The scheme dictates success more than a qb coach can indicate and most OC's help Qb's with mechanics and that stuff anyways which is why some teams don't have qb coaches

why did app state rank 31st in QB efficiency last yera when ponce was the qb coach and OC for them?

why did we rank 87th this year in qb efficiency with ponce as the qb?

because the scheme was worse and because of injuries

not saying qb coaches aren't important, they just arent as important as the two factors above

This is why I hope TVD gets witth a real qb trainer this off season and not malweak. If they want to get together and smoke a bowl on the golf course, fine, but other than that, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back