Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You missed the part where the QB coach reports to the OC - Gattis. And they were reported to be giving different instructions to the QBs. How is zoonce responsible if Gattis is over riding his instructions?
So Gattis told the QBs to stare down the primary receiver? What exactly were Gattis' instructions? What did Ponce teach that Gattis went back and overruled? All you are doing is speculating. Both failed at what they were hired to do, both need to go.

Advertisement
No way that Mario brings back THE guy that destroyed UM's offense, caused the entire QB room to regress, and resulted in Mario being named the worst HC hire in the NCAA for the 2022 season .... dead last with a D- rating. No ... Gattis is gone period.
Hopefully

So Gattis told the QBs to stare down the primary receiver? What exactly were Gattis' instructions? What did Ponce teach that Gattis went back and overruled? All you are doing is speculating. Both failed at what they were hired to do, both need to go.

Seems like that whole offense was predicated on staring…..whether it be the sidelines,receivers,cheerleaders whatever.

Advertisement
Jesus H Christ....You cannot be this stupid...Mario knew he was UM Bound way before the Pac12 Championship...
So it’s okay, and “professional”, for Mario to supposedly bail on Oregon mid season by taking the Miami job under the table, but we can’t expect him to fire the worst oc we’ve ever seen mid season, or even at all it seems, because it‘s “unprofessional”. We have to make sure gattis lands on his feet before we worry about our season… Just making sure I have the logic here…

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't get it. Don't care about the professionalism angle either. If he takes another job it looks like he wanted to leave us. How is that a net positive in any way. Mario could have come out and said simply, we evaluated the offense and felt the need for a change. We thank Josh for his time here and wish it would have gone differently. He is an excellent coach and for whatever reason the fit didn't work out. We wish him nothing but the best in his next journey.

Blake Baker got a job as well..
I Guess If You Say So GIF

He has a 2 year contract. So he'll be collecting paychecks for awhile.

Which exactly why Mario is being prudent.

The best possible thing for Miami is for Gattis to get the best, highest, paying job he can get. If everybody knows he's about to get fired, he has zero leverage to negotiate with a potential employer.

Mario's job is to do what's best for the University of Miami...
I thought money was no longer a thang for UM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back