Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I’m not moping. Just speaking facts. More and more insiders are saying that they’re not sure if gattis will get fired.

I will be THRILLED if gattis gets fired but there has been no signs that he won’t be retained.
This is incredibly inaccurate, the same people who have said that he is leaving are still saying that he is leaving.

For anyone that might be familiar, do coaches contracts expire on a certain calendar day (i.e. 12/31) normally?

Nobody did. I figured there would be growing pains as TVD and the offense learned a new system, but no one had any idea we would be seeing this, especially with an $8M coach and $1.8M coordinator.
Everyone thought there would be an adjustment period. No one thought we'd start out as bad and end up as putrid. I had my doubts about Mario, and I really didn't know enough about Gattis to judge the hire. I thought he had some weapons on O and he'd have to be at least good enough to get the ball into the hands of his play makers. Man was I ever wrong.

Funny thing. I now realize just how freaking robbed of the Broyles award Rhett Lashlee was. Not only did he land a HC job due to his performance, he also made our O dangerous at times. Gattis made our O dangerous to watch if you have a heart condition.

Nobody did. I figured there would be growing pains as TVD and the offense learned a new system, but no one had any idea we would be seeing this, especially with an $8M coach and $1.8M coordinator.

The system tailored to the players’ strengths…

What a disaster.

Advertisement
michael jordan laughing GIF

“CIS Insiders”

For anyone that might be familiar, do coaches contracts expire on a certain calendar day (i.e. 12/31) normally?
The thing is, even if they do, for a program that is seemingly all-in financially, should it matter? I mean, I don't think the program should be financially irresponsible either, but we can all likely list many reasons why Gattis should have been promptly fired, regardless of the cost.

Advertisement
Still confident in Gattis being gone. My post was more about Dolphins. How they looked so poor against a crappy and injured Chargers team is deflating

I know Gattis is weighing on all of our minds, but we’re about to land a top 3 class
:2h3mpi1:

Still confident in Gattis being gone. My post was more about Dolphins. How they looked so poor against a crappy and injured Chargers team is deflating

I know Gattis is weighing on all of our minds, but we’re about to land a top 3 class
Without better coaching, this won't matter.

Advertisement
The thing is, even if they do, for a program that is seemingly all-in financially, should it matter? I mean, I don't think the program should be financially irresponsible either, but we can all likely list many reasons why Gattis should have been promptly fired, regardless of the cost.

Don't disagree at all. Only trying to think of any possible reason why this been prolonged the way it has. Perplexing is an understatement.

That's a good point too. If we fell off a cliff after Howard and JJ left we probably would've been alot more ****ed.
I think the transition from Howard to JJ should have taught the administration something. How many players at the time would have preferred an assistant coach that was already on staff to become head coach? There were a lot of upset people when JJ was hired. He was coming from Oklahoma State. He didn't run the right O. He ran the ball too much. He couldn't beat Nebraska or Oklahoma.

A lot of the criticisms we heard about Barry Alvarez we heard with JJ. He just was not a good fit. He ran the ball too much. Wisconsin was nothing like Miami. JJ and Barry were very similar. They were winners, period. They knew who they could get, and how to use them to get the most out of them. **** fine coaches, both of them. Instead, we hired Larry Coker, because, you know, the 20 year olds knew what was best. I bet the 20 year olds knew what was best in 1984 as well, and it wasn't Jimmy Johnson.

This is incredibly inaccurate, the same people who have said that he is leaving are still saying that he is leaving.
I hope you’re right. I’m just unsure who to listen to or how to grasp the info. Especially that Cribby said that he has heard multiple different scenarios/theories. Which means no one really knows at this point.

Advertisement
I hope you’re right. I’m just unsure who to listen to or how to grasp the info. Especially that Cribby said that he has heard multiple different scenarios/theories. Which means no one really knows at this point.
Cribby has stated that theres a bunch of wild spinning theories out there and a bunch of people say different things. He remains to be the most accurate guy out there and thats who I stick with.

Cribby has stated that theres a bunch of wild spinning theories out there and a bunch of people say different things. He remains to be the most accurate guy out there and thats who I stick with.
That is very true - I apologize if I sounded like I'm being a mope. Just getting antsy. I just need to stop thinking about it, let him deal with the recruiting season first then we'll go from there.

Go canes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back