Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
BS....Butch's people thought they had a deal done in the 11th hour...then Dee started with the 90% buyout BS....and not doing sh*t about upgrades...or Asst Coaches salaries. Butch don't owe UM a F-ing thing. Nobody in America wanted the job but him. He ended up building the Greatest team ever under insurmountable odds. The administration NEVER thought he'd accomplish that.
Them's facts.

I'd have told UM to go fornicate themselves under the same conditions. Anyone here with a pair of balls would have done the same thing. UM THOUGHT they had Butch by the balls, and decided to squeeze. Butch THOUGHT he had a deal - he didn't.

THEN, Cleveland came back with an offer for even MORE money.

8D14E305-CBC9-4FEB-A0A6-44FA32F0BC24.jpeg
8D14E305-CBC9-4FEB-A0A6-44FA32F0BC24.jpeg
Just want to remind y’all……… absolutely no reason dude hasn’t been fired . Forget going and finding a job… and had a game with 8 yards in one half . Mario pls for the love of God do what’s right.

Advertisement
I would have thought that the curse would’ve been lifted with money flowing into the program, buuuuuuuut nope
It seems that we’ve been at our best when we hired head football coaches that had ambitions to be head coaches at the professional level. It is what it is. Miami is a Pro football town. In other words, I believe we need a pro coach (or a college coach with pro ambitions) running our university’s football team. We’ve been down this road many times before. Every head coach that’s been successful here, parlayed that success into a professional head coaching opportunity. The “just college” guys gets eaten up down here. I hope in time that Mario proves to be a pro guy. He carries himself like someone who may get a look at a professional organization one day. So far tho…. on the field, he looks like just another guy that just wants to be a college coach. I’m sorry, but that’s just not Miami. It hasn’t worked here.🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
He didn’t earn the opportunity for another chance.

It’s one thing to be bad on offense. However, what we saw was WAY beyond that. When the predictable run plays got stuffed, this dude had NOTHING. Just He was in full panic mode and constantly abandoned stuff that worked well for us.

We saw the acrobatic catches Colbie makes. How many jump balls did we throw him in the end zone? Some of our easiest touchdowns were rpo and we abandoned it when it mattered most. No clue of what to call from a numbers and alignment perspective. He was awful and made the personnel look much worse than they are.

I caped for this dude early. He got worse over time. We aren’t going to improve the offensive line enough to cover his deficiencies. Even with a top 5 roster, he will get exposed by the other elite teams. There is no upside to keeping him.

I don’t think he has the personality to endure and overcome the toxicity he has created here. He is young and will probably get better, but it won’t get us where we want to go.
Even with a top 5 roster, AVERAGE teams will still give us fits.

Advertisement
View attachment 219106View attachment 219106Just want to remind y’all……… absolutely no reason dude hasn’t been fired . Forget going and finding a job… and had a game with 8 yards in one half . Mario pls for the love of God do what’s right.
I had real questions about gattis/mario coming into the year but id be lyin if I thought it would get this bad lol

Advertisement
It seems that we’ve been at our best when we hired head football coaches that had ambitions to be head coaches at the professional level. It is what it is. Miami is a Pro football town. For lack of a better term… we need a pro coach (or a college coach with pro ambitions) running our university’s football team. We’ve been down this road many times before. Every head coach that’s been successful here, parlayed that success into a head professional opportunity. The “just college guys gets eaten up down here. I hope in time that Mario proves to be a pro guy. So far tho, he looks like just another guy that just wants to be a goog college coach. I’m sorry, but that’s just not Miami. It hasn’t been proven to work here.🤷🏾‍♂️

Sometimes I ask myself if I’m better off not being a Hurricanes and Dolphins fan

Killing Time Hypothetical: Gattis stays on.

Steele stays DC, maybe becomes safety coach
DVD to corners
Keith Hayward OLB/safeties
Ed O as DE coach + some other title

James Coley to RB coach + recruiting title. Maybe takes WR role
Marcus Arroyo QB coach/Co-OC

How would you guys feel about this?

Last edited:
Advertisement
A mope calls me "in denial". Lol, the irony.
I’m not moping. Just speaking facts. More and more insiders are saying that they’re not sure if gattis will get fired.

I will be THRILLED if gattis gets fired but there has been no signs that he won’t be retained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back