Josh Ancrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
**** shame. Smh. These young kids aren’t afraid of prison like they use to be. In my day you got street cred for staying out of prison even if you were in the streets. This generation can’t wait to get there and do 25 to life like the world will be waiting on them when they get out. They are sadly mistaken. Smh.

Advertisement
Coming into a thread like this and blaming politics for the senseless killing of a young promising athlete is pathetic. It does not matter what gun laws you have on the books, a murderer is going to find a way to get his hands on a gun. He does not give two shats about life. Why on earth would he care about a gun law. Robbing me of my right to bare arms isn't going to prevent a lunatic from taking a life. Wake the **** up!
Having ranted, God bless this young man and his family. Peace and comfort prayers for them. May justice be served one way or another.

Advertisement
I don't want to get into a debate about gun laws and politics but I have a serious question.

Is there any real idea out there to change this problem?

Just my two cents here and obviously the real solution to these horrors can only come from within these communities but I think for society as a whole that we need to do a better job of reporting (or caring) about the actual details of these killings.

Don't just bury this kid and thousands others across the country and chalk it up to the neighborhood and move on. Attribute it publicly to gang warfare, drug warfare, idiotic general beefs or just being an innocent bystander.

If suburban kids were being killed on the streets at this rate nationally we wouldn't be content without ever knowing why- even if it's not necessarily comfortable for the victim's family or more work than the police might want to do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well the issue isnt Chicago but more so the surrounding states and counties that have NRA-friendly gun laws.
If that’s the issue, then why does the violence show up so much more in Chicago than in these surrounding states whose laws you dislike?

If only criminals would obey the law, we could just outlaw criminality! Then everything would be great.

If that’s the issue, then why does the violence show up so much more in Chicago than in these surrounding states whose laws you dislike?

If only criminals would obey the law, we could just outlaw criminality! Then everything would be great.

Actually it does

Rockford, IL Racine, WI both have equal or Higher crime rates.

And lets not forget Gary and Fort Wayne Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back