Josh Ancrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The primary issue with what you're saying is that it suggests that state laws occur in a vacuum. Without uniformity or universal regulations, interstate commerce has the capacity to render even the most strict gun laws as ineffective.

1.) https://www.npr.org/2017/10/05/555580598/fact-check-is-chicago-proof-that-gun-laws-don-t-work

2.) https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...nd-truths-about-chicagos-guns-and-murder-rate
You’re just wrong. I am pointing out that gun laws don’t cause gun violence, as you can see from all the places with gun stores and little gun violence.

I suppose you can hypothesized that if only we had a totalitarian government that banned all guns everywhere, then we’d all be safe from guns. Hasn’t worked that way in other places where people feel the need to acquire weapons. And even without guns, the Hutu sure managed to make quick work of 800,000 Tutsi. So not sure banning guns would do what you imagine.

But thankfully, we shouldn’t have to find out, because we have a Constitution that protects the rights of citizens to protect themselves. The government cannot and will not protect you or your family, and God gave you the right to do it for yourself. Misuse of a gun by someone in Florida should not reduce the firearm rights of a law abiding people elsewhere, any more than misuse of the First Amendment by a person in California should reduce the speech rights of people elsewhere. If someone commits voter fraud, should we ban voting?

Advertisement
What about Wilmette, IL? Or Buffalo Grove? Northbrook? Oakbrook? Highland Park? Or Grand Rapids WI? Or Carmel, IN?

See, you’re being selective. Gun freedoms are generally applicable. Gun violence is concentrated. Logically, the violence isn’t caused by gun laws, or it would be far more broadly distributed.

Japan says hi...

Japan says hi...

Great. If only we could get rid of non-Japanese people in the United States, then build walls on our borders that are as hard to cross as the ocean around Japan, then we could finally be more like Japan! In the meantime, let’s just fantasize about having a government so big and powerful it could do all that. I’m sure it will use all that power benignly. Because government is just another word for things we do together, right?

You’re just wrong. I am pointing out that gun laws don’t cause gun violence, as you can see from all the places with gun stores and little gun violence.

I suppose you can hypothesized that if only we had a totalitarian government that banned all guns everywhere, then we’d all be safe from guns. Hasn’t worked that way in other places where people feel the need to acquire weapons. And even without guns, the Hutu sure managed to make quick work of 800,000 Tutsi. So not sure banning guns would do what you imagine.

But thankfully, we shouldn’t have to find out, because we have a Constitution that protects the rights of citizens to protect themselves. The government cannot and will not protect you or your family, and God gave you the right to do it for yourself. Misuse of a gun by someone in Florida should not reduce the firearm rights of a law abiding people elsewhere, any more than misuse of the First Amendment by a person in California should reduce the speech rights of people elsewhere. If someone commits voter fraud, should we ban voting?

I guess you dont follow what happened in Australia or Sweden after they had mass shootings and quickly put in Gun bans.

Your reasoning is idiotic and pretty ******* selfish. There is more gun owned in this country that population.

Also yall keep say "Oh my gun is to protect me from the government" Well if you want to live and the government wants your gun, you and everyone else will give it up or be killed.

I'd appreciate it if people would stop tryna pin this name on my city
Id appreciate it if we stopped living up to it. My entire family that lives in miami are from the area.

I dont delight in reality but our city has been on the news 3 days in a row for shootings and killings.

Advertisement
Florida has some of the worst gun laws in America.

Prayers up to him and his family 🙏🏽
Do you really think whoever shot him had a permit and a registered gun?

If so you are even dumber than I thought.

Our gun laws give us a chance to protect ourselves from the trash out there with unregistered (sometimes fully automatic) guns they buy hot off the street to kill people with.

And the “bad guys” will always be able to get those guns off the street, no matter what the gun laws are.

You are the soft ***** type that blames the weapon for the person’s actions.

Why are you bringing politics into a thread like this.

RIP young man, thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Last edited:
Actually it does

Rockford, IL Racine, WI both have equal or Higher crime rates.

And lets not forget Gary and Fort Wayne Indiana

Rockford is a **** show... My whole family on my grandfather side is from there & Joliet. Holy **** I will never go back there again.

Do you really think whoever shot him had a permit and a registered gun?

If so you are even dumber than I thought.

Our gun laws give us a chance to protect ourselves from the trash out there with unregistered (sometimes fully automatic) guns they buy hot off the street to kill people with.

And the “bad guys” will always be able to get those guns off the street, no matter what the gun laws are.

You are the soft ***** type that blames the weapon for the person’s actions.

Why are you bringing politics into a thread like this.

RIP young man, thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
Agree 100%. Start another thread on gun control don't bring that stuff here.

Advertisement
You do understand im black right??
You do understand that changes NOTHING about the comment you made? Oh you thought that would be my thought process ONLY if you were white or some other ethnicity? Not on your life. The fact that you're Black makes it no less of any appellation in my original comment.

Depends on what you label the problem as. It’s easy, shallow and wrong to label the problem as gun violence. That’s a symptom, not a disease. No doubt elites like to label it that way because it allows them to propose ‘solutions’ that appeal to their sensibilities and have nothing to do with the actual circumstances of the people in the crossfire.

The actual problem is cultural, and results from generations of bad government polices (federal, state and local), bad parenting, broken homes and economic barriers erected to prevent unskilled labor from having the opportunity to work and progress. Fixing cultural messes can be really difficult. Sadly, creating them is less difficult.

The problem with your second paragraph is its now American Culture to have a government on all 3 levels to not give a s*** and their reasoning is to just lock everyone up. I dont think American can reverse the damage the government did to the American people in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. What we are seeing from Todays youth is a byproduct of those times.

Advertisement
I guess you dont follow what happened in Australia or Sweden after they had mass shootings and quickly put in Gun bans.

Your reasoning is idiotic and pretty ******* selfish. There is more gun owned in this country that population.

Also yall keep say "Oh my gun is to protect me from the government" Well if you want to live and the government wants your gun, you and everyone else will give it up or be killed.
It’s ‘selfish’ to want your rights to be respected? Perhaps. I guess it’s also selfish to want free speech, privacy, due process ... all those things. Good point. We should just sacrifice ourselves to whatever fancy ideas other people become attached to. Because you say so.

Also, you and liberals like you all seem to vastly overestimate the ability of the government to forcibly disarm the American People. Let’s hope we never have to discover how mistaken you are. There are hundreds of millions of firearms in private hands in this country.

Last edited:
You do understand that changes NOTHING about the comment you made? Oh you thought that would be my thought process ONLY if you were white or some other ethnicity? Not on your life. The fact that you're Black makes it no less of any appellation in my original comment.

Murder and mayhem is part of the Black culture in America in todays America. Just look at the statistics, the most violent cities in America have a high Black population, that is facts.

The problem with your second paragraph is its now American Culture to have a government on all 3 levels to not give a s*** and their reasoning is to just lock everyone up. I dont think American can reverse the damage the government did to the American people in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. What we are seeing from Todays youth is a byproduct of those times.
So we should take away everyone’s fundamental freedoms because of the 1960s?

Government continues to make many things worse, moreover. Not better.

Advertisement
It’s ‘selfish’ to want your rights to be respected? Perhaps. I guess it’s also selfish to want free speech, privacy, due process ... all those things. Good point. We should just sacrifice ourselves to whatever fancy ideas other people become attached to. Because you say so.

Nobody is taking your **** gun.

I just feel Gun Manufactores shouldnt be able to produce the amount they do, I dont think it should be easy to obtain one, and I feel the government should be able to regulate how many guns one can legally own and purchase.

Murder and mayhem is part of the Black culture in America in todays America. Just look at the statistics, the most violent cities in America have a high Black population, that is facts.

You should learn the difference between cause and effect if you are going to cite those statistics in support of your proposition.

Nobody is taking your **** gun.

I just feel Gun Manufactores shouldnt be able to produce the amount they do, I dont think it should be easy to obtain one, and I feel the government should be able to regulate how many guns one can legally own and purchase.

Lolol. Good to know what you ‘feel.’ Do you ‘feel’ the Constitution still matters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back