Josh Ancrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to get into a debate about gun laws and politics but I have a serious question.

Is there any real idea out there to change this problem?

My opinion is simply this: there is not enough research at all on guns, gun violence, socio-anthropology of gun violence, etc. There needs to be more funding to understand this problem from all phases. No one really knows why. Gun violence and injury research needs to have the same funding as cancer, etc does. More people are dying from this crap than anything in our society.

I hate guns but I can't blame someone who supports the right to bear arms from saying, "guns have been around, so why is there suddenly an uptick of mass shootings and gun violence?"

Advertisement
My opinion is simply this: there is not enough research at all on guns, gun violence, socio-anthropology of gun violence, etc. There needs to be more funding to understand this problem from all phases. No one really knows why. Gun violence and injury research needs to have the same funding as cancer, etc does. More people are dying from this crap than anything in our society.

I hate guns but I can't blame someone who supports the right to bear arms from saying, "guns have been around, so why is there suddenly an uptick of mass shootings and gun violence?"

There isnt an uptick

Is there more Mass shootings.....Yes

But Murders as a whole are declining and arent reaching the numbers of the 80s and 90s

There isnt an uptick

Is there more Mass shootings.....Yes

But Murders as a whole are declining and arent reaching the numbers of the 80s and 90s

You're right. I meant mass shootings. Regardless there needs to be a lot more funding and research to understand it. Gun violence and mass shootings are increasing in other countries, too.

Does it really and truly matter at all in Todays America? Trumps Administration and the Republican Party is proving that in Todays America
The only people the Constitution doesn’t matter to are those who want to disregard it. To them, it’s in the way amd an anachronism.

And I see no need to dive from gun control to your other political fantasies, but suffice to say, it’s not the Republicans who want to do away with the Constitution. Rather, it’s the folks you vote for. They don’t hide it, either. They are very open about it.

The sad thing is, this country is freer and more prosperous than any other before it. And it was built on the Constitution. Yet fancy elites, with no shame and massive arrogance, announce that the Constitution is the problem. It’s insane. The Constitution is the solution. Elites who don’t like or give two ***** about the majority of America and Americans, are the problem.

Advertisement
You're right. I meant mass shootings. Regardless there needs to be a lot more funding and research to understand it. Gun violence and mass shootings are increasing in other countries, too.

There is research tho

There was a study that came out that said kids from LA, Chicago, Miami, and St. Louis show the same signs of PTSD as kids from Baghdad and Kabul.

I don't see this problem getting better any time soon with how ***** MADE everybody is becoming these days. Everybody is so quick to pick-up a gun instead of fight. For christ sake, a guy got shot/killed in Blue Martini last week, over a simple altercation. BLUE MARTINI!!!
I had a pistol pulled on me IN TRAFFIC, on 595 leaving Weston. WESTON! Because I apparently cut this guy off.

People are being shot these days for little to nothing. Minor altercations are turning into shootings because we have a bunch of ***** made cowards running around who never had any tough/male guidance in their life. And the more we glorify gun violence, the worse it's gonna get.

It has NOTHING to do with guns and everything to do with culture, broken homes, parenting, etc.
It's one thing if it happens among gang members. That's expected. But so many shootings these days revolve around something that's ultimately petty and meaningless. Guns make everybody a tough guy and gives muscle to people who never had any.

Last edited:
Actually it does

Rockford, IL Racine, WI both have equal or Higher crime rates.

And lets not forget Gary and Fort Wayne Indiana
Is it about gun laws or communities depressed socio-economically where lawlessness abounds? Locking your door keeps law abiders out not criminals. Gang bangers, drug dealers, mobsters will have guns despite any laws. They always have and always will. How about we Enforce the laws already on the books. Chicago’s problem is the low percentage of convictions of gun violence crimes.

I don't see this problem getting better any time soon with ho ***** MADE everybody is becoming these days. Everybody is so quick to pick-up a gun instead of fight. For christ sake, a guy got shot/killed in Blue Martini last week, over a simple altercation. BLUE MARTINI!!!
I had a pistol pulled on me IN TRAFFIC, on 595 leaving Weston. WESTON! Because I apparently cut this guy off.

People are being shot these days for little to nothing. Minor altercations are turning into shootings because we have a bunch of ***** made cowards running around who never had any tough/male guidance in their life. And the more we glorify gun violence, the worse it's gonna get.

It has NOTHING to do with guns and everything to do with culture, broken homes, parenting, etc.
It's one thing if it happens among gang members. That's expected. But so many shootings these days revolve around something that's ultimately petty and meaningless. Guns make everybody a tough guy and gives muscle to people who never had any.

Advertisement
There is research tho

There was a study that came out that said kids from LA, Chicago, Miami, and St. Louis show the same signs of PTSD as kids from Baghdad and Kabul.

There is not enough research. Sorry. Not even close. And that quote tells me absolutely nothing.

No need to make this a political thread. Chicago has every gun law you could want, and more murders. It ain’t about that.

Stupid comparison. Indiana has lax gun laws, and that's where all the Chicago guns come from.

Look at a map.

Florida is different, if they toughened the gun laws, it is not as easy to bring guns into Miami from, say, Alabama.

Coming into a thread like this and blaming politics for the senseless killing of a young promising athlete is pathetic. It does not matter what gun laws you have on the books, a murderer is going to find a way to get his hands on a gun. He does not give two shats about life. Why on earth would he care about a gun law. Robbing me of my right to bare arms isn't going to prevent a lunatic from taking a life. Wake the **** up!
Having ranted, God bless this young man and his family. Peace and comfort prayers for them. May justice be served one way or another.

If that's the case, then we don't need laws on anything, because if anyone wants to do anything, they will "find a way".

Ridiculous.

Pass laws. Enforce laws. Nothing will work 100% of the time, but laws and law enforcement can make a difference. We should not stop trying simply because we fall short of 100% prevention.

Throwing our hands in the air and acting as if everyone will always find a way to circumvent laws (and thus we shouldn't make laws) is ridiculous.

Coming into a thread like this and blaming politics for the senseless killing of a young promising athlete is pathetic. It does not matter what gun laws you have on the books, a murderer is going to find a way to get his hands on a gun. He does not give two shats about life. Why on earth would he care about a gun law. Robbing me of my right to bare arms isn't going to prevent a lunatic from taking a life. Wake the **** up!
Having ranted, God bless this young man and his family. Peace and comfort prayers for them. May justice be served one way or another.
Thanks cuz, I couldn't have said it better myself. It's our absolute right to defend ourselves and our families. Guns are NOT the problem. Lunatics that use them are. RIP to this young man.

Advertisement
If that’s the issue, then why does the violence show up so much more in Chicago than in these surrounding states whose laws you dislike?

If only criminals would obey the law, we could just outlaw criminality! Then everything would be great.

Violence does not "show up so much more in Chicago". It's just that Chicago is a larger city, and there is more media coverage, not to mention political demagoguery by one party to "blame Chicago".

The RATES of gun violence are comparable in other less-populated areas in that region. Those areas just don't get the same media coverage or political blame.

Certain people want to act as if Chicago is at fault for making the effort and coming up short. Insane.

I don't want to get into a debate about gun laws and politics but I have a serious question.

Is there any real idea out there to change this problem?

Change, yes. Solve permanently and with 100% success? That's a lot harder.

Lots of other countries around the world have methods. ****, most of Europe doesn't have the same problem, and they have been going to war against each other for nearly 2000 years.

On this issue, and others, it's just tiring to hear certain people tell us that we shouldn't try to do anything about a societal problem because nothing will change and people will always find ways to do bad things.

Oh, but thoughts and prayers.

Stupid comparison. Indiana has lax gun laws, and that's where all the Chicago guns come from.

Look at a map.

Florida is different, if they toughened the gun laws, it is not as easy to bring guns into Miami from, say, Alabama.
Rght. Because the government has been so effective at keeping things out that they ban. It’s amazig that pot, cole and heroin are available. If only they banned them.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of areas of Florida that have low gun violence despite gun availability.

B b b buttttt Indiana. right.

Advertisement
Violence does not "show up so much more in Chicago". It's just that Chicago is a larger city, and there is more media coverage, not to mention political demagoguery by one party to "blame Chicago".

The RATES of gun violence are comparable in other less-populated areas in that region. Those areas just don't get the same media coverage or political blame.

Certain people want to act as if Chicago is at fault for making the effort and coming up short. Insane.
This is just wrong. Chicago’s gun homicide rate is not comparable to most parts of Illinois, or Illinois generally ex Chicago. Moreover, ‘Chicago’ is just a line on a map. The violent crime rate amongst a subset of Chicago is astronomical. War zone astronomical. Look up the size of the black population of Chicago and 15-25 year olds in particular, then look at the gun violence rate for that group based on public statistics. It’s a travesty that this country should be intolerant of, but because Chicago has been run by the democratic machine for most of a century, it gets ignored entirely.

Murder and mayhem is part of the Black culture in America in todays America. Just look at the statistics, the most violent cities in America have a high Black population, that is facts.
As previously stated by another poster that's a symptom, NOT the affliction. THAT'S a fact as well. Almost 85% of cop killers are white. Are you willing to say that's a part of white culture? Or is that also a symptom and not representative of an entire people. It's the former as far as I'm concerned. What say you?

Sad news!

I don’t care about all this political back and forth. What I do care about is that our competitors are going to use this to negative recruit against us like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back