Josh Ancrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interviewer: Mr Friedman, how do account for there being extraordinarily low poverty in Scandinavia?

Mr. Friedman: It’s interesting. In America, there is also extraordinarily low poverty amongst people of Scandinavian descent.

Advertisement
C'mon guys.... if you want to debate gun laws and murder statistics then lets start another thread about that.

This thread is about paying respects to another young life taken way too soon. Lets keep our prayers for his family during this time.

Last edited:
Killed by a fellow teenager

Yet, you all want to say law abiding adults should be punished by the act of some criminals

Advertisement
Advertisement
If that's the case, then we don't need laws on anything, because if anyone wants to do anything, they will "find a way".

Ridiculous.

Pass laws. Enforce laws. Nothing will work 100% of the time, but laws and law enforcement can make a difference. We should not stop trying simply because we fall short of 100% prevention.

Throwing our hands in the air and acting as if everyone will always find a way to circumvent laws (and thus we shouldn't make laws) is ridiculous.
You seem to miss the point of laws entirely. Wow.

We have laws against killing people. They don’t stop it from happening. They do present consequences, however.

Killing people - with or without a gun - is already illegal (save justification).

Laws proscribe non-consensual activity, for the most part. The Constitution protects freedoms. Thank God for that.

Violence does not "show up so much more in Chicago". It's just that Chicago is a larger city, and there is more media coverage, not to mention political demagoguery by one party to "blame Chicago".

The RATES of gun violence are comparable in other less-populated areas in that region. Those areas just don't get the same media coverage or political blame.

Certain people want to act as if Chicago is at fault for making the effort and coming up short. Insane.

I don't know enough about it but that certainly is the narrative. I read an article from 2016 that said that since 2001, there have been more homicides in Chicago than Americans killed in the Iraq and Afghanistan war(s) combined. That's nuts.

Advertisement
Starting to think Ethnic has bangs with the persistent conservative rhetoric

**** shame. Smh. These young kids aren’t afraid of prison like they use to be. In my day you got street cred for staying out of prison even if you were in the streets. This generation can’t wait to get there and do 25 to life like the world will be waiting on them when they get out. They are sadly mistaken. Smh.

This is 100% right. They just want the rep, because people GLORIFY the folks in jail or dead. They dont even care if they DIE as long as abunch of people can say LONG LIVE BLAH BLAH.

Kid i know just caught a premeditated murder yesterday ( i was scared this was it), soft as ****...all mouth..but just had to back out n do that. Kid use to be crying about going to the juvenile detention center.

I don't see this problem getting better any time soon with how ***** MADE everybody is becoming these days. Everybody is so quick to pick-up a gun instead of fight. For christ sake, a guy got shot/killed in Blue Martini last week, over a simple altercation. BLUE MARTINI!!!
I had a pistol pulled on me IN TRAFFIC, on 595 leaving Weston. WESTON! Because I apparently cut this guy off.

People are being shot these days for little to nothing. Minor altercations are turning into shootings because we have a bunch of ***** made cowards running around who never had any tough/male guidance in their life. And the more we glorify gun violence, the worse it's gonna get.

It has NOTHING to do with guns and everything to do with culture, broken homes, parenting, etc.
It's one thing if it happens among gang members. That's expected. But so many shootings these days revolve around something that's ultimately petty and meaningless. Guns make everybody a tough guy and gives muscle to people who never had any.

This is it in a nutshell.

Advertisement
Why does a 16 year old have a gun????? Or think that's the answer to disputes?

Wow! over a **** Video game. I can't even wrap my brain around how stupid this is. Walk away, or if it got too bad, go outside and fight it out. No need to get the strap.

Last edited:
Sad news!

I don’t care about all this political back and forth. What I do care about is that our competitors are going to use this to negative recruit against us like crazy.

No they’re not... and why would you even bring this up?

You sound like someone that wants to further the topic of Miami, and the University of Miami, being a dangerous place for recruits to go. Which is so far from the truth.

Sounds like you are one of those fans from other fan bases, like the turds.

Never bring up this shlt again, dumbass.

I’m on to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back