Jordan Prestwood 247 update.

Advertisement
Peter,

Did Flowers tell you this? It's pretty unusual for an o-lineman to leave 3 years out of high school. I can't think of any. Not saying he's not that talented, just atypical.

That isn't true at all.

Name some from Miami that has left early.

So we're going to use one school out of all the other schools in the nation as an example?

Child, please. Here's what you want to say:

"Name some from any other school that have left early."

Peter,

Did Flowers tell you this? It's pretty unusual for an o-lineman to leave 3 years out of high school. I can't think of any. Not saying he's not that talented, just atypical.

That isn't true at all.

Name some from Miami that has left early.

So we're going to use one school out of all the other schools in the nation as an example?

Child, please. Here's what you want to say:

"Name some from any other school that have left early."

Relax, just curious.

Advertisement
Wonder if Flowers is thinking NFL already (seems like we just got you man, please stay for 4 years :( )

He disappointed a little last year, but the kid has a huge future ahead of him if he can play consistentlty.

Was thinking the same thing here. I think this is a case where we think alot more of our own guy then the national perception does. I never hear anybody pegging him as a sure fire 1st rounder next year except the guys on here. Where are we getting all this hype from in regards to Flowers? I love the kid too and I think by the time he is a senior he could be 1st round worthy but to say this guy is a cant miss, 1st rounder in the upcoming draft is just having the O&G glasses on.

I know this is hard to believe, but it is usually not a bad thing when players leave early.

If Flowers leaves after three, odds are he leaves because he is expected to be drafted rather high. Why do kids get drafted high, because of talent.

Advertisement
I know this is hard to believe, but it is usually not a bad thing when players leave early.

If Flowers leaves after three, odds are he leaves because he is expected to be drafted rather high. Why do kids get drafted high, because of talent.

That hasn't been the case at Miami though, players get mid round grades here and leaves early. The trend has gone our way lately though with them staying.

/Flowers could be a high draft pic as a Junior imo

This is strange. He had big time offers coming out of high school and still has some good offers in Auburn and Ole Miss.

If he enrolled at FSU and ND, I would guess academic issues aren't a problem. Hopefully he inks with us and he could play opposite Flowers so we could keep Feliciano inside.

Advertisement
Flowers is overrated. Is he good? Yes. But there were a ton of times where he was getting whooped this year. The UNC DE ate his lunch that game.

Canes fans are suffering from a type of Stockholm syndrome. We've fallen in love with mediocre talent or have inflated others. Flowers would be first on that list.

Advertisement

That hasn't been the case at Miami though, players get mid round grades here and leaves early. The trend has gone our way lately though with them staying.

/Flowers could be a high draft pic as a Junior imo

What if you would be a mid-round pick if you return as a senior? Why not grab the money a year early.

Just because they leave early doesn't mean they are not happy. They trying to provide for their family as soon as possible. Duke knows how short a running backs career can be so he is trying to make his money as soon as possible as well. Smart decision IMO

Notre Dame, FSU, UCF and now another program??? this kid is going to set some sort of a record. He actually enrolled in both ND and FSU but I guess did not qualify for UCF. Sounds like he is taking the Randy Moss road to academic success. Seems as though Marshall should be his next stop

Wonder if Flowers is thinking NFL already (seems like we just got you man, please stay for 4 years :( )

He's gone next year

He might be leaning that way right now, but it could be better business to stay for 4. I think Flowers is a really good player, but he did struggle at times last year

The last 7 years, the number of Tackles drafted in Round 1....5, 2, 6, 4, 4, 7, 3.....average of 4.4, so let's round up and say 5.

Let's look at the seniors in next year's draft.....
Brandon Scherff - Iowa
Cam Erving - FSU
La'el Collings - LSU
Cedric Ogbuehi - Texas A&M

The following year, there's:
Andrus Peat - Stanford
Tyler Johnstone - Oregon
Brandon Shell - South Carolina
Donovan Smith - Penn State

I would say all 4 seniors are currently ranked above Flowers. If Peat declares, i think he's rated better than some of those seniors. That would put 5 guys in from of Flowers, unless he comes out and has a monster year next season and one of those guys struggles. If he waits, like Jake Matthews did last year, he could go from just being in the mix for Round 1 to Top 10.....so while that means he gets a later start on his free agent deal, his 1st contract would be MUCH better.

Advertisement
Back