Jordan Miller - 3 star - Commits!!!

He may be great, a support player, or transfer elsewhere one day.

On paper, today, this is concerning considering our current (this may change on signing day) DT situation going into next year.

The other thing is this. Keep it consistent people. Were we watching FSU or UF do this with the same situation we have, you'd be busting their balls non-stop. It looks like a reach, not Big Vince coming back, but if we take him he'll get his shot to do whatever he can accomplish. Should that be the case, he's got my support.

Advertisement
Man...........
I’m through 2 minutes of watching his film and he’s legit.....

Rankings be damned this kid can definitely play and has good size and get off. Perfect replacement for Norton...
And he plays legit competition 8A in Florida

Big athletic kid with some nasty to him (watch the tape before you comment on the kid). Kool made his career off getting these players to the NFL, and y'all acting like there are 6'4", 330lbs athletic dudes everywhere at this stage in recruiting... I like his frame, hand usage, and tenacity. If he can get into better shape he'll be player and if Butch Davis offers this guy nobody says a word.

butch got two 4 star dts, hes a complete animal at recruiting especially at DT where he beat out saban this year for 1 at fuqin FIU. I thought he would be a factor there at all, he still wont win he needs a big time job to compete.

Wasn't there some off field issues with Tartt-Spencer?

still impressive to snag those guys at fiu

IMO

we want to finish with Nesta, Coburn, Briggs. (Nesta, a 1tech DT, and a 3tech DT)

Briggs is probably going to FSU, so Chatman is who we are getting for that spot.

Coburn is a longshot to begin with, though there is still a chance. We want someone to fill that role which is why Miller is in play. He's 100% a 1tech DT. He's gotten offers from UT and UVA recently. And Kiffin wants him too.

BoRtch's weakness was never recruiting or finding creative ways to get ballers on his roster. Remember Santana Moss on a track scholly?

Schools like FIU and FAU can take risks on kids that Miami can't or is unwilling to take on.

As for anyone content with our DL recruiting up to this point, SMH. Look at the DE/DT depth chart when Richt/Diaz/Kul were hired and compare it to now. If DL recruiting was fine, Patke would not have been brought in from a quality control position to help Kul.

Advertisement
Man...........

Rankings be damned this kid can definitely play and has good size and get off. Perfect replacement for Norton...

Posted this somewher but basically we're going for 3 DTs, and here the ordering of what we want:

ELITE DT: 1=Nesta Silvera. 2= Michael Thompson
3tech DT: 1a= Dennis Briggs. 1b= Jamarcus Chatman. 2= Moro Ojomo
1tech DT: 1= Keondre Coburn. 2= Jordan Miller

Man...........

Posted this somewher but basically we're going for 3 DTs, and here the ordering of what we want:

Chatman has been told by the coaches that he'll play some SDE too so I think they are hoping for 4 from this group. Chatman could play SDE as a freshman. There are reps there for him.

Silvera, Chatman, Miller and Briggs as the most realistic.

Spin it any way you want. We're offering a 2* two weeks before NSD. That is not a good look.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lot of schools do that... It's called scrambling when you have resigned to the loss of your top tier targets and need to fill the roster.

Fixed it for you, and agreed. No need to conduct this recruitment under the guise of something it isn't though. This means they have gotten word that someone is definitely out, e.g. Coburn.

Man...........

We can defintiely delete Thompson from that group because Jt isn’t realistic. Coburn Idk, we will see.

Advertisement
A poster from ITU found something on this kid being talked up by BJ Jennings:

This is what BJ Jennings dad, who is the LB and strength and conditioning coach at this kids H.S. had to say about him:
"He’s 6-4, 330 and he can move. He’s a big, strong kid, is very physical, agile. He’s a good, humble kid, very smart and intelligent. I actually went through and evaluated a lot of kids coming out in his class - if he was being promoted and people knew about him that’s a 4 or 5 star kid.”

More from BJ Jennings dad:
"Miami got the film last night, and this morning coach (Mark) Richt called with an offer,” said Jennings, who played at Florida State. “This kid, he’s legit, the real deal. I think he’s going to be a great one. I played with some really good D linemen playing at Florida State, but this kid is amazing, man. It’s hard to find kids that size, it’s very rare you find them that size that can come off the ball like him and stay low, penetrate through the holes and seek the ball out the way he does. He hustles, flies to the ball, it’s very rare in a kid his size."

Sorry, not buying this one. I give this staff the benefit of the doubt more often than not, but this is Golden-esque stuff.

The issue I have with this is we passed on kids in our "backyard" like Lamonte McDougle (Deerfield) and Jordan Scott (Largo), both went on to earn Freshman All-American honors at WVU and Orgeon, respectively. Both were evaluated a **** of lot more than this kid. Both would have have been Canes.

If we gave either one of them an opportunity we wouldn't be sweating-out 50/50 balls like Briggs or Chatman and being forced in to these types of late offers.

How can you cry about us not taking a low 3* in McDougle, then say we shouldn't take this kid?

And it seems the issue with Miller is that he just hadn't been evaluated. VA, GT, VT, and Tenn have all offered within 10 days. Probably another kid that just blew up as a senior and his new tape is finally getting out. Unlike Martin, there's no doubt Miller has DT size, he's a big dude.

So if we have room, why would we not take the next McDougle?

Our online fanbase will never be happy with anything

If Pruitt and Kool have offered then I am all for it. They know what they are doing. After seeing all these videos of him, I truly believe he is worth taking

Sorry, not buying this one. I give this staff the benefit of the doubt more often than not, but this is Golden-esque stuff.

The issue I have with this is we passed on kids in our "backyard" like Lamonte McDougle (Deerfield) and Jordan Scott (Largo), both went on to earn Freshman All-American honors at WVU and Orgeon, respectively. Both were evaluated a **** of lot more than this kid. Both would have have been Canes.

If we gave either one of them an opportunity we wouldn't be sweating-out 50/50 balls like Briggs or Chatman and being forced in to these types of late offers.

How can you cry about us not taking a low 3* in McDougle, then say we shouldn't take this kid?

And it seems the issue with Miller is that he just hadn't been evaluated. VA, GT, VT, and Tenn have all offered within 10 days. Probably another kid that just blew up as a senior and his new tape is finally getting out. Unlike Martin, there's no doubt Miller has DT size, he's a big dude.

So if we have room, why would we not take the next McDougle?

Our online fanbase will never be happy with anything

And let's not crown Mcdougle just yet...Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see what he could have done at UM, especially with the whiffs this season... But that WVU defense was absolute dog sh*t this year, and they needed defensive linemen like oxygen. Just saying. Someone had to get 40 tackles a game playing on the defensive line of a bad defense... it doesn't mean he got anything but a lot of playing time...He is frosh AA= he played more than 98% of true frosh DT, that's what that means.

Advertisement
If Pruitt and Kool have offered then I am all for it. They know what they are doing. After seeing all these videos of him, I truly believe he is worth taking

BoRtch's weakness was never recruiting or finding creative ways to get ballers on his roster. Remember Santana Moss on a track scholly?

Schools like FIU and FAU can take risks on kids that Miami can't or is unwilling to take on.

As for anyone content with our DL recruiting up to this point, SMH. Look at the DE/DT depth chart when Richt/Diaz/Kul were hired and compare it to now. If DL recruiting was fine, Patke would not have been brought in from a quality control position to help Kul.

right it's Kul's fault Patchan cant stay healthy, DJ Johnson is soft, and RJ was worried about "double Teams". smh

Its bad thread its bad this is not good for our future teams if we want to win big

Advertisement
A poster from ITU found something on this kid being talked up by BJ Jennings:

This is what BJ Jennings dad, who is the LB and strength and conditioning coach at this kids H.S. had to say about him:
"He’s 6-4, 330 and he can move. He’s a big, strong kid, is very physical, agile. He’s a good, humble kid, very smart and intelligent. I actually went through and evaluated a lot of kids coming out in his class - if he was being promoted and people knew about him that’s a 4 or 5 star kid.”

More from BJ Jennings dad:
"Miami got the film last night, and this morning coach (Mark) Richt called with an offer,” said Jennings, who played at Florida State. “This kid, he’s legit, the real deal. I think he’s going to be a great one. I played with some really good D linemen playing at Florida State, but this kid is amazing, man. It’s hard to find kids that size, it’s very rare you find them that size that can come off the ball like him and stay low, penetrate through the holes and seek the ball out the way he does. He hustles, flies to the ball, it’s very rare in a kid his size."

Is he visiting next weekend? Thanks for sharing the info

right it's Kul's fault Patchan cant stay healthy, DJ Johnson is soft, and RJ was worried about "double Teams". smh

I think the current state of our DL isn't just on Kul, but Diaz and Richt too. If fans knew losing RJ and Norton was a possibility to go along with Thomas, Harris, and Moten graduating, then surely the coaches knew too.

We've lost 5 productive/rotational players in Thomas, Harris, RJ, Norton, and Moten. 2 more bodies in Big Hoss and Bleeding ******. We've signed 1 DE in Rousseau, and have 1 DT commit in Nesta.

Patke was brought in to help Kul with recruiting. Why is that?

If you can't see something is off with our defensive recruiting, Im not sure what else to say.

Yeah just like TE and RB were addressed...a year later!

This staff has been a year late at almost every position. In ‘18: dl. In ‘19, LBers cause we only sign one in ‘18!...

Advertisement
Back