Jordan Miller - 3 star - Commits!!!

Doesnt 2 star mean he has been evaluated?

I guess we should trust the people who assign stars more than we should trust the people who actually get paid to find and produce talent that wins.

makes sense.

Advertisement
tenor.gif

[TWEET]956960230780391425[/TWEET]

Jordan Miller...you better be ready to ball out, young man. Good luck to you.

Big athletic kid with some nasty to him (watch the tape before you comment on the kid). Kool made his career off getting these players to the NFL, and y'all acting like there are 6'4", 330lbs athletic dudes everywhere at this stage in recruiting... I like his frame, hand usage, and tenacity. If he can get into better shape he'll be player and if Butch Davis offers this guy nobody says a word.

butch got two 4 star dts, hes a complete animal at recruiting especially at DT where he beat out saban this year for 1 at fuqin FIU. I thought he would be a factor there at all, he still wont win he needs a big time job to compete.

one had a brother going to FIU

BYTCH *** KOOL LOL LMAO HAHAHA

THIS **** *** ***** ABOUT TO LOSE THE ONE DT WE GOT AND MISS ON EVERY ONE HE TARGETED EXCEPT ROUSSEAU BUT RUMPH AND HIS 3 AND 4 STAR RECRUITS IS THE PROBLEM LOL I'M STARTING TO FEEL SOME KINDA WAY ABBOT THIS **** BRUH.

I'VE ALWAYS TAKEN PRIDE THAT NO SUCH THING AS A RACIST MIAMI FAN BUT THAT'S WHAT ITS STARTING TO FEEL LIKE IN THIS BYTCH BECAUSE IF RUMPH HAD MISSED ON EVERY RECRUIT AND WAS ABOUT TO LOSE THE ONLY FOR ONE HE HAD COMMITTED IT WOULD BE 8 OR 9 DIFFERENT THREADS ABOUT HOW HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED MEANWHILE KOOL PUNK *** IS SO ****ING BAD AT HIS JOB THAT EVERYONE ELSE IS TRYING TO HELP HIM DO HIS JOB .

I'M NOT GONNA POST AGAIN UNTIL AFTER THE SMOKE SETTLES BECAUSE I DON'T WANT THIS BYTCH *** ***** TO FAIL BECAUSE WHEN HE FAILS OUR PROGRAM HURTS. BUT THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH.

I feel where you're coming from and it does seem to be a double standard around here with everyone calling for Rumph's head when he misses on the Herritage kids and nobody calling for Kool to be fired when he whiffs.

But I don't think Kool/Rumph is apples to apples, because Rumph was a high school coach prior to Miami, and Kool was putting out first rounders. So people come at it that way.

But here's where I DO think you're on to something. Why the **** is BANDA getting a pass? Dude has the exact same experience and resume as Rumph, why the **** is nobody coming after Banda?

Or Manny Diaz? Recruiting on that whole side of the ball has been ****. Why the **** does Diaz get a pass?

Ya and the best part is they are gonna hire the 10th coach from this mighty Incarnate Word/Manny Diaz coaching tree with his Patke.

Advertisement
the coaches and schools that are offering this guy didn't just find him yesterday while digging through Youtube videos at lunch. If you find a diamond in the ruff you don't wave it around and start screaming "i found it, I found it". You do what they are doing now ... you wait until the last minute hoping he continues to fly under the radar OOOOORRRRR until other schools doing the same thing as you start showing their hands and start offering.
Spin it any way you want. We're offering a 2* two weeks before NSD. That is not a good look.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm sure y'all won't even watch his film which is actually impressive.
We've seen it. Very seldom do we see highlights that are filled with anything but someone's very best plays. He shows some good burst for someone at his size, but if it was that good all the time his offer sheet would be a lot more impressive. Especially when you consider that he's not exactly from an under the radar part of the football world.

But isn't that what a good strength and condition program is for? Also good coaching? You see his potential, now you get it in shape and refine his skills so he can dominate more. I'd be far more concerned if his film showed no burst at all. Young man has potential, but he needs work.

Another thing to consider is not all kids dominate at 17. It doesn't mean they won't when they are 20.
We aren't in a position to be thinking two to three years down the road at defensive tackle. There is no way to spin this, this offer doesn't suggest good things for our recruiting at DT. Add this to a rather uninspiring grad transfer from Illinois too.

OK, but how is taking no DT with that scholarship better than taking this guy? I understand the concern if this guy was taking the scholarship of a 5 star kid, but that isn't the case. Taking this guy isn't saying, "I give up" on the bigger targets. It's simply adding numbers.

Big athletic kid with some nasty to him (watch the tape before you comment on the kid). Kool made his career off getting these players to the NFL, and y'all acting like there are 6'4", 330lbs athletic dudes everywhere at this stage in recruiting... I like his frame, hand usage, and tenacity. If he can get into better shape he'll be player and if Butch Davis offers this guy nobody says a word.

butch got two 4 star dts, hes a complete animal at recruiting especially at DT where he beat out saban this year for 1 at fuqin FIU. I thought he would be a factor there at all, he still wont win he needs a big time job to compete.

one had a brother going to FIU

Had we offered DJ Johnsons brother, we'd have kept him and got a JUCO that signed with Arizona. Instead of grabbing a grad transfer from Illinois and now offering a two star.

Time will tell.

Briggs seems awfully fond of FSU don't feel as confident as I did before
Yup I saw his Twitter early in the morning. He and his family seem to love the wh@res. But this 2* kid is real good! He’d be great next to Nesta!

One thing I noticed on his film was him getting off the ball several times VERY quickly. For a dude that size, it was pretty impressive. Reminded me of Wilfork on several plays, and I don't say that lightly. Not saying he's on that level, but I was pleasantly surprised with his quickness.

For years we have looked at other schools have 330 lb high motor guys and wondered why we can't find them. Now the staff identifies one and the star gazers don't want him.
You’re a brave man! I was going to say that in his film he showed flashes of Vince Wilfork but I didn’t have the balls to say it because I ran the risk of being crucified by all posters. Respect I do agree with you though

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm sure y'all won't even watch his film which is actually impressive.
We've seen it. Very seldom do we see highlights that are filled with anything but someone's very best plays. He shows some good burst for someone at his size, but if it was that good all the time his offer sheet would be a lot more impressive. Especially when you consider that he's not exactly from an under the radar part of the football world.

But isn't that what a good strength and condition program is for? Also good coaching? You see his potential, now you get it in shape and refine his skills so he can dominate more. I'd be far more concerned if his film showed no burst at all. Young man has potential, but he needs work.

Another thing to consider is not all kids dominate at 17. It doesn't mean they won't when they are 20.
We aren't in a position to be thinking two to three years down the road at defensive tackle. There is no way to spin this, this offer doesn't suggest good things for our recruiting at DT. Add this to a rather uninspiring grad transfer from Illinois too.

OK, but how is taking no DT with that scholarship better than taking this guy? I understand the concern if this guy was taking the scholarship of a 5 star kid, but that isn't the case. Taking this guy isn't saying, "I give up" on the bigger targets. It's simply adding numbers.

Taking nobody means you get to take one more kid next year.

On the surface, Bethel and Miller may seem like fall back options, but when you look deeper, you can clearly see that they are fall back options.

Nevertheless, I actually like the fact that Bethel will be a part of our program, and Miller's film, surprising enough, looks pretty impressive.

I was surprised at his quickness for a guy 6'4" 330. Good coaching and proper weight training/nutrition and who knows what he can become? I have NO problem with taking a guy like this. Especially at a position where we need bodies. Also, it's not like giving him a scholarship is taking one away from Silvera or something.

I saw that to. The smaller opponent for the most part he plays against are overpowered by him but the quickness is what caught my eye. I heard that he was recommended to the U by Bradley Jennings father- lasts year LB recruit from that school- where his father is the S&C coach.

From TOS--
""Miami got the film last night, and this morning coach (Mark) Richt called with an offer,” said Jennings, who played at Florida State"

Last edited:
On the surface, Bethel and Miller may seem like fall back options, but when you look deeper, you can clearly see that they are fall back options.

Nevertheless, I actually like the fact that Bethel will be a part of our program, and Miller's film, surprising enough, looks pretty impressive.

I was surprised at his quickness for a guy 6'4" 330. Good coaching and proper weight training/nutrition and who knows what he can become? I have NO problem with taking a guy like this. Especially at a position where we need bodies. Also, it's not like giving him a scholarship is taking one away from Silvera or something.

I saw that to. The smaller opponent for the most part he plays against are overpowered by him but the quickness is what caught my eye. I heard that he was recommended to the U by Bradley Jennings father- lasts year LB recruit from that school- where his father is the S&C coach.

Nice size and first step for sure...Needs upper body strength and conditioning.

Advertisement
Jordan Miller is # 44 in white, these are team highlights from his last game Sr year.
[video=youtube_share;csGdFLHtDAs]https://youtu.be/csGdFLHtDAs[/video]

Nice size and first step for sure...Needs upper body strength and conditioning.

conditioning may be the problem.....but if we get him and play him is a rotation may not be so bad until he "plays" himself into condition

Advertisement

Wasn't there some off field issues with Tartt-Spencer?

Advertisement
Back