Jordan Miller - 3 star - Commits!!!

Coach Kul is not a miracle worker, see Ty Martin

Rather have a JUCO than waste a 4 yr scholarship on hoping

I'll give him a break on that since he came on with 2 months til NSD.

Last cycle only taking Ford was a mistake. It just seems they weren't prepared for RJ and Norton leaving.

Advertisement
Here is the ironic thing in evaluating 2017 LB Bradley Jennings film last year Miami's defensive staff had to have seen Jordan Miller playing dline in front of Jennings since they were teammates. Lets see if the coaches can get Jennings to sway his former teammate to join him at Miami.

[video=youtube;DPu4AMaSXt0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPu4AMaSXt0[/video]

Last edited:
Hopefully staff has learned from this lackluster DT recruiting.

For the 100 millionth time........DT recruiting is not over and our top targets are still available!!!!!

Calling it lackluster is waaaaay premature. If none of them come to Miami on signing day then feel free to bash away.

anim15.jpg

I am with you here, and I give this staff the benefit of the doubt a lot, but this is Goldenesque, Shannonesque, too. I remember Randy making offers like this to "big sleepers" like Delmar Taylor from Miami Beach HS and whoever that kid was from Illinois who assaulted someone in his dorm room.

Late offers like these are usually under-evaluated.

It's a byproduct of passing on kids like Jordan Scott or Lamonte McDougle, both from FL, both Freshman AAs, both would have been Canes if we offered. We evaluated them a **** of a lot more and didn't make the offer. I am not buying that we would be offering this kid if one or both of those guys were on the roster. Instead we passed and struck out on just about everyone else, now we are offering a DT we probably don't like all that much, and certainly didn't spend all season evaluating.

not being prepared for Norton and Mcintosh leaving, when that's been the speculation SINCE BEFORE THE SEASON, is weak. and inexcusable.

Advertisement

For the 100 millionth time........DT recruiting is not over and our top targets are still available!!!!!

Calling it lackluster is waaaaay premature. If none of them come to Miami on signing day then feel free to bash away.

anim15.jpg

Quite literally nothing negative has even happened yet. Y'all are scared of the Boogeyman in the closet.

lol. Have you even followed our DL recruiting this year? We lose 6 very productive DL and we are now onto a 2 star kid 1-2 weeks before signing day. I'm not sure how long you've been following recruiting but jumping on a 2 star kid with just a week or so to go in recruiting absolutely means you are either striking out or feel real nervous about a kid. I'm not even going to go into the DB position, which has been a somewhat disappointment.

I don't mind the offer. I'd say bring him on regardless given that we don't have a true NT in this class.

Exactly. My ONLY problem would be us offering this guy OVER better players. We have room, and it's not going to break us bringing in depth at DT.

Advertisement
6'4" AND 315 LBS. I'll take him and let Kool mold the clay. How much worse can he be than Tyric Martin?

I'm sure y'all won't even watch his film which is actually impressive.
We've seen it. Very seldom do we see highlights that are filled with anything but someone's very best plays. He shows some good burst for someone at his size, but if it was that good all the time his offer sheet would be a lot more impressive. Especially when you consider that he's not exactly from an under the radar part of the football world.

anim15.jpg

Quite literally nothing negative has even happened yet. Y'all are scared of the Boogeyman in the closet.

I like you as a poster but you may be in denial about this one. You don’t offer this late in the game to a recruit like this if nothing has changed with other recruits.

Advertisement
I'm sure y'all won't even watch his film which is actually impressive.
We've seen it. Very seldom do we see highlights that are filled with anything but someone's very best plays. He shows some good burst for someone at his size, but if it was that good all the time his offer sheet would be a lot more impressive. Especially when you consider that he's not exactly from an under the radar part of the football world.

But isn't that what a good strength and condition program is for? Also good coaching? You see his potential, now you get it in shape and refine his skills so he can dominate more. I'd be far more concerned if his film showed no burst at all. Young man has potential, but he needs work.

Another thing to consider is not all kids dominate at 17. It doesn't mean they won't when they are 20.

Advertisement

anim15.jpg

lol. Have you even followed our DL recruiting this year? We lose 6 very productive DL and we are now onto a 2 star kid 1-2 weeks before signing day. I'm not sure how long you've been following recruiting but jumping on a 2 star kid with just a week or so to go in recruiting absolutely means you are either striking out or feel real nervous about a kid. I'm not even going to go into the DB position, which has been a somewhat disappointment.

We currently lead for the #1 and #2 rated DTs in Florida this cycle. One of them is committed and the other has publicly stated we are the leader.

So what's wrong with DL recruiting again?

Also we have the #2 DB class this cycle behind only Texas.

So what's the panic sir? Please elaborate on how those objective facts are to be feared and we should all panic.

anim15.jpg

I like you as a poster but you may be in denial about this one. You don’t offer this late in the game to a recruit like this if nothing has changed with other recruits.

Unless you have a scholarship available for him AND all your other targets.

In recruiting HS kids it's OK to take a couple special projects if a coach (especially one with a track record of turning lesser talent into stars) says he wants a guy. Obviously we want to have elite starters, but a couple of projects, especially potential DTs with good film are ok. Plus now that Miami offered, wouldn't be surprised if he gets a third star.

In recruiting HS kids it's OK to take a couple special projects if a coach (especially one with a track record of turning lesser talent into stars) says he wants a guy. Obviously we want to have elite starters, but a couple of projects, especially potential DTs with good film are ok. Plus now that Miami offered, wouldn't be surprised if he gets a third star.

Agreed but I think the question is does Kool want him or are we just looking to take bodies for the sake of numbers? Until proven otherwise, I personally ride with Kool no matter what. He's not going to hit on everyone but until our DL sh*ts the bed I have no concerns.

Advertisement
Back