Jordan Miller - 3 star - Commits!!!

Hopefully staff has learned from this lackluster DT recruiting.

For the 100 millionth time........DT recruiting is not over and our top targets are still available!!!!!

Calling it lackluster is waaaaay premature. If none of them come to Miami on signing day then feel free to bash away.

anim15.jpg

Quite literally nothing negative has even happened yet. Y'all are scared of the Boogeyman in the closet.

Advertisement
Bottom line is this the type of diamond in the ruff that coach Kul LOVES, absolutely. Miller is a lunch pail type kid that will grind for coach kul. Miller knew he would get very late offers because he was soo under the radar and will also need a red shirt year in a FBS S&C to reshape his body.
The issue I have is that we need players who can be an immediate impact on Sept 2 against LSU.

Link
https://volrecruitingreports.wordpress.com/2018/01/25/vols-offer-came-all-of-the-sudden-for-defensive-tackle-jordan-miller/

VOLS OFFER CAME ALL OF THE SUDDEN FOR DEFENSIVE TACKLE JORDAN MILLER

Tennessee Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt and staff have already found one underrated gem in the 2018 recruiting class in newly rated four star wide receiver Jordan Young, but did the Vols find another one on the defensive side of the ball?

Pruitt, defensive coordinator Kevin Sherrer and defensive line coach Tracy Rocker stopped by to see Jacksonville, Fla. product Jordan Miller Wednesday night and extended an offer to the 6’4″ 315 pound defensive tackle just a day before reaching out to the prospect for the first time.

“Once I heard they were coming to my house, I got pretty excited,” Miller said. “It was a blessing to me. I started talking to them just the day before the visit. It was sudden.”

Miller, a one time Georgia Southern commit, has backed off of that commitment now that he is getting interest from Power Five Schools. Miller is also hearing from Virginia and Georgia Tech, but the offer from the Vols staff put Tennessee in the drivers seat. However, Miller will give each school a chance as he plans to visit Virginia this weekend, Georgia Tech mid-week and Tennessee the weekend before signing day.

“Tennessee is at the top right now. Then it is Virginia then most likely Georgia Tech right now,” Miller said.

Rated as just a two star prospect, Miller is okay with being an underrated prospect as he took things slow during his senior season and waited on his time to come.

“I think I handled it well,” Miller said. “Heading into my senior year, my goal was to have Power Five offers. I came into the season with the mindset of going D-1, and I understood it was going to come late.”

“They said with my height and weight, I can be a force at nose guard. I could also move around because I intend to get back down to my moving weight which was 315 where a was faster and more agile.”

Analysis

Miller appears to be a highly underrated prospect that did not receive as much attention as some of the bigger name prospects did before the early signing period. Miller exhibits a massive amount of raw skills, that could make him a valuable asset at the next level. His strength is second to none and coupled with his size leaves him poised to make a major impact on the defensive front at the next level. Another impressive aspect of Miller’s game is that at his impressive size his motor never quits running. He never quits on the play and this results in the big man make plays twenty yards down the field at times. Our final take is that Miller is potentially a diamond in the rough and will make a great addition wherever lands.

Sandalwood HS played Jax Raines this year an that was the best Oline Jordan Miller faced his # 44 in **** on defense primarialy playing the NT spot an was abused ALLLL throughout both highlights. If you notice in his Hudl highlights they skipped the Raines game all together. Ohhh how far Miami has fallen for back up options at DT recruiting in this 2018 class

[video=youtube;es5JbW3eqpU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es5JbW3eqpU[/video]

[video=youtube;RAgWNUC400M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAgWNUC400M[/video]

You are so mad right now

Lmaooooooo

you already now! This year the top DT's were supposed to be gift Fing wrapped to Miami.

Go Canes

We cant compete if we cant close on the DL no matter how good the rest of the teams is, to compete vs where we want to compete at wont happen if they cant get the dogs at DT. Then people will complain y and all u will have to do is look at the closing and u will find ur answer. Huge red flags for the staff last cycle and this cycle. Love the class but the way Im thinking is I want to be like bama so to get there u have to close strong n its hard to see and eng game of us being dominant with this staff. Coastal they will win easily but we have to take that next step and u have to close to take that step.

On the surface, Bethel and Miller may seem like fall back options, but when you look deeper, you can clearly see that they are fall back options.

Nevertheless, I actually like the fact that Bethel will be a part of our program, and Miller's film, surprising enough, looks pretty impressive.

I was surprised at his quickness for a guy 6'4" 330. Good coaching and proper weight training/nutrition and who knows what he can become? I have NO problem with taking a guy like this. Especially at a position where we need bodies. Also, it's not like giving him a scholarship is taking one away from Silvera or something.

I agree 100% with your entire post. Some kids manage to fly under the radar. There is no way this guy is just 2* quality.

Has the frame and get off the ball. Good three star... There has to be more to why he is ranked so low

Advertisement
Bottom line is this the type of diamond in the ruff that coach Kul LOVES, absolutely. Miller is a lunch pail type kid that will grind for coach kul. Miller knew he would get very late offers because he was soo under the radar and will also need a red shirt year in a FBS S&C to reshape his body. The good thing is to play NT you need to be a nasty bring your lunch pail type which miller appears to be.

The major issue I have is that we need players who can be an immediate impact on Sept 2 against LSU. Miller could become a very good player at Miami in 2 to 3 years, but UM needs War Daddy types for next season.

Link
https://volrecruitingreports.wordpress.com/2018/01/25/vols-offer-came-all-of-the-sudden-for-defensive-tackle-jordan-miller/

VOLS OFFER CAME ALL OF THE SUDDEN FOR DEFENSIVE TACKLE JORDAN MILLER

Tennessee Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt and staff have already found one underrated gem in the 2018 recruiting class in newly rated four star wide receiver Jordan Young, but did the Vols find another one on the defensive side of the ball?

Pruitt, defensive coordinator Kevin Sherrer and defensive line coach Tracy Rocker stopped by to see Jacksonville, Fla. product Jordan Miller Wednesday night and extended an offer to the 6’4″ 315 pound defensive tackle just a day before reaching out to the prospect for the first time.

“Once I heard they were coming to my house, I got pretty excited,” Miller said. “It was a blessing to me. I started talking to them just the day before the visit. It was sudden.”

Miller, a one time Georgia Southern commit, has backed off of that commitment now that he is getting interest from Power Five Schools. Miller is also hearing from Virginia and Georgia Tech, but the offer from the Vols staff put Tennessee in the drivers seat. However, Miller will give each school a chance as he plans to visit Virginia this weekend, Georgia Tech mid-week and Tennessee the weekend before signing day.

“Tennessee is at the top right now. Then it is Virginia then most likely Georgia Tech right now,” Miller said.

Rated as just a two star prospect, Miller is okay with being an underrated prospect as he took things slow during his senior season and waited on his time to come.

“I think I handled it well,” Miller said. “Heading into my senior year, my goal was to have Power Five offers. I came into the season with the mindset of going D-1, and I understood it was going to come late.”

“They said with my height and weight, I can be a force at nose guard. I could also move around because I intend to get back down to my moving weight which was 315 where a was faster and more agile.”

Analysis

Miller appears to be a highly underrated prospect that did not receive as much attention as some of the bigger name prospects did before the early signing period. Miller exhibits a massive amount of raw skills, that could make him a valuable asset at the next level. His strength is second to none and coupled with his size leaves him poised to make a major impact on the defensive front at the next level. Another impressive aspect of Miller’s game is that at his impressive size his motor never quits running. He never quits on the play and this results in the big man make plays twenty yards down the field at times. Our final take is that Miller is potentially a diamond in the rough and will make a great addition wherever lands.

Last edited:
the coaches and schools that are offering this guy didn't just find him yesterday while digging through Youtube videos at lunch. If you find a diamond in the ruff you don't wave it around and start screaming "i found it, I found it". You do what they are doing now ... you wait until the last minute hoping he continues to fly under the radar OOOOORRRRR until other schools doing the same thing as you start showing their hands and start offering.

On the surface, Bethel and Miller may seem like fall back options, but when you look deeper, you can clearly see that they are fall back options.

Nevertheless, I actually like the fact that Bethel will be a part of our program, and Miller's film, surprising enough, looks pretty impressive.

I was surprised at his quickness for a guy 6'4" 330. Good coaching and proper weight training/nutrition and who knows what he can become? I have NO problem with taking a guy like this. Especially at a position where we need bodies. Also, it's not like giving him a scholarship is taking one away from Silvera or something.

I agree 100% with your entire post. Some kids manage to fly under the radar. There is no way this guy is just 2* quality.

Has the frame and get off the ball. Good three star... There has to be more to why he is ranked so low

I'm just guessing here, but it's probably because he's not very good

Listed at 6'4" 330... This is where actual evaluations by coaches trump anything recruiting services put out there.

I actually like his film.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5330257/Jordan-Miller

Not too bad. 6'4 330 lbs? Kool can work with that.

I don't like the approach to DT recruiting this cycle, but hopefully a much more proactive approach in 2019 can shore it up in FLA.

This kid with the right coaching could be at least Norton quality, maybe better.

UM

Advertisement
The other major question is will Miami be able to get Jordan Miller to cancel one of his scheduled OV's to either GaTech (mid week) or Tennessee (next weekend) over the next week.

This will be an interesting next few days, my money is that he will cancel the GT visit to instead visit Miami midweek which would leave Tennessee getting the final crack at him before signing day unless Coach Richt and Kul can get him to visit Mid week an then commit.

Go Canes

One thing is for **** sure...there are not enough quality DT's out there right now. It's a crazy state of affairs when you got several high profile schools fighting over a 2 star that had lower level offers as of a few weeks ago.

Jordan Miller is # 44 in white on defense playing the NT spot, his coach takes about how Sandalwood is a young team. FYI Raines HS was the best team with the best oline Sandalwood HS played all year.

[video=youtube;RAgWNUC400M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=55&v=RAgWNUC400M[/video]

#44 ? Based on Raines game? I didn't see a 44 in game in those videos. It was a Raines highlight video so imagine why?

Advertisement
One thing is for **** sure...there are not enough quality DT's out there right now. It's a crazy state of affairs when you got several high profile schools fighting over a 2 star that had lower level offers as of a few weeks ago.

DT is the hardest position to project and you are absolutely correct, there aren’t enough elite guys out there.

@MichealAF The best way to evaluate a player to look at another player or teams highlights then you can plays where the recruit your evaulating is not highlighted. You both the good and bad!

Look again he is actually appears in the 1min mark of the video and then again in several plays after that.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Sorry, not buying this one. I give this staff the benefit of the doubt more often than not, but this is Golden-esque stuff.

The issue I have with this is we passed on kids in our "backyard" like Lamonte McDougle (Deerfield) and Jordan Scott (Largo), both went on to earn Freshman All-American honors at WVU and Orgeon, respectively. Both were evaluated a **** of lot more than this kid. Both would have have been Canes.

If we gave either one of them an opportunity we wouldn't be sweating-out 50/50 balls like Briggs or Chatman and being forced in to these types of late offers.

Advertisement
Coach Kul is not a miracle worker, see Ty Martin

Rather have a JUCO than waste a 4 yr scholarship on hoping

the coaches and schools that are offering this guy didn't just find him yesterday while digging through Youtube videos at lunch. If you find a diamond in the ruff you don't wave it around and start screaming "i found it, I found it". You do what they are doing now ... you wait until the last minute hoping he continues to fly under the radar OOOOORRRRR until other schools doing the same thing as you start showing their hands and start offering.

Even with that type of approach, this is an awfully late offer. I am not buying that. This is the type of offer that is made late in the cycle when Plan A and B are pretty much off the boards. Sorry, I can't get behind the notion this is some "strategery".

@<b><a href="https://www.canesinsight.com/member/michaelaf/" target="_blank">michaelaf</a></b> The best way to evaluate a player to look at another player or teams highlights then you can plays where the recruit your evaulating is not highlighted. You both the good and bad!

Look again he is actually appears in the 1min mark of the video and then again in several plays after that.

Go Canes

Saw a #74 doing nothing

Advertisement
Back