Jordan Miller - 3 star - Commits!!!

Advertisement
I don't understand. Everyone on this board had doubts about Briggs. Why are we only now finding a back up plan for him?
Kool should have known the Junior DT's were leaning towards leaving and been on top of this.
His ego is killing him, a kid doesn't automatically commit and he just seems to stop communicating.

Won't shock me at all to hear he's off to the NFL after signing day. These Florida battle grounds aren't for the weak recruiters.

this is on richt as much as it's on kul. he gave kul way too much leeway, considering he's never had to recruit at a program as big as Miami. he's been awfully disappointing on that end. this can't happen next cycle

you sound stupid. The guy had 2 DT's bailed who shouldnt be leaving and a guy who was a consensus 5 star last year dip because he was too soft to compete.
He got Ford and Garvin here last year. I mean i dont get what your talking about he has too much leeway.

At this point, just let them talk **** about one of the best d-line coaches in college football. The people on this board with more than two brain cells understand he's an elite coach.

There appears to be a fair criticism to levy upon Kool & Richt insofar as 2018 defensive line recruiting has gone, with the caveat being they very well can still close well enough.

But, to paint it as some sort of catastrophic failure is wrong when:

A) the number of elite DT lineman nationally is down and is even more the case in Florida this cycle and

B) We’re miles out ahead (with respect to DL recruiting) for 2019 and 2020 than we were this time last year for 2018 when there is a deeper pool of quality kids.

Seems like the staff has already identified how to fix (Patke potentially being Kool’s recruiting arm?) and has been deploying him as a solution. That being so, let’s reel in what we can for 2018 and expect a better go of it next year and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A. That's irrelevant. Why did FSU offer Nesta Silvera before Miami? These coaches get paid to evaluate, recruit, and develop. Poor excuse.

B. Look at 2019, 2020. How does that help us for the 2018 season? So far, this staff has dropped the ball on DL recruiting.

Why did it take 2+ years for Richt to know Kul needed help?

Advertisement
No offense to this kid, but we'll never compete again on a national level by routinely striking out on the best kids and settling for kids like this.

There appears to be a fair criticism to levy upon Kool & Richt insofar as 2018 defensive line recruiting has gone, with the caveat being they very well can still close well enough.

But, to paint it as some sort of catastrophic failure is wrong when:

A) the number of elite DT lineman nationally is down and is even more the case in Florida this cycle and

B) We’re miles out ahead (with respect to DL recruiting) for 2019 and 2020 than we were this time last year for 2018 when there is a deeper pool of quality kids.

Seems like the staff has already identified how to fix (Patke potentially being Kool’s recruiting arm?) and has been deploying him as a solution. That being so, let’s reel in what we can for 2018 and expect a better go of it next year and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A. That's irrelevant. Why did FSU offer Nesta Silvera before Miami? These coaches get paid to evaluate, recruit, and develop. Poor excuse.

B. Look at 2019, 2020. How does that help us for the 2018 season? So far, this staff has dropped the ball on DL recruiting.

Why did it take 2+ years for Richt to know Kul needed help?

Why does it matter who got offered first? Nesta committed to us and hasn't wavered. He's taking his visits. Good for him. Every kid should if they want to. It's like you want to be mad at something if FSU offering Nesta first bothers you.

Richt gave Kool autonomy. It's what a good manager does with someone who's really good at their job. 2018 is the first full cycle (recruiting is now 2+ years, especially for elite kids). Now it's come out that Kool may not be in tune with the full recruiting aspect and how much "love" kids today want to elicit. We immediately got him help with someone who can do that part. Again, this isn't 10 years after the fact. If you want to criticize that it didn't happen sooner, you're saying you're mad Richt wasn't a micro-manager from the jump. That the kind of boss you want to work for?

Nesta is what, 30 min from Coral Gables? Rumph used to coach there FFS. FSU or any other school shouldn't be offering top S FL kids before Miami.

As far as Kul goes, Richt should've known about Kul's recruiting being a liability. If he did, and procrastinated, bad look. If he didn't, still a bad look.

I want our Canes to win. I want them to be able to compete with Clemson, Alabama, etc. If that means Richt micro managing then so be it.

Advertisement
Briggs seems awfully fond of FSU don't feel as confident as I did before
Yup I saw his Twitter early in the morning. He and his family seem to love the wh@res. But this 2* kid is real good! He’d be great next to Nesta!

One thing I noticed on his film was him getting off the ball several times VERY quickly. For a dude that size, it was pretty impressive. Reminded me of Wilfork on several plays, and I don't say that lightly. Not saying he's on that level, but I was pleasantly surprised with his quickness.

For years we have looked at other schools have 330 lb high motor guys and wondered why we can't find them. Now the staff identifies one and the star gazers don't want him.

Advertisement
He has good film for sure but I’ll rather see how our other targets materialize

I'd take them all. We need lots of bodies on the interior, and we should have the scholarships to do so. I'm 100% fine with taking this kid on his own merit, not simply because we missed someone else.

Advertisement
Shouldn't have let Davontae McCrae go to NC State, back in the Spring he was practically begging for an Offer.

Kevin Patrick gonna turn that kid into a beast.

I'd take them all. We need lots of bodies on the interior, and we should have the scholarships to do so. I'm 100% fine with taking this kid on his own merit, not simply because we missed someone else.

His film does look good. If he wants in and we have space why not? Every1 is so convinced we don't get Briggs, Chatfield, Surtain or Campbell. Well, sign him up if he can play and can be taught by the best DL coach in CFB I'm good with it.

Shouldn't have let Davontae McCrae go to NC State, back in the Spring he was practically begging for an Offer.

Kevin Patrick gonna turn that kid into a beast.

I'm still surprised KP never found his way back here as a D-line coach. I really like Coach Kool, and wouldn't trade him for anyone, but I always thought KP would/should be here.

Advertisement
Back