Jordan Miller - 3 star - Commits!!!

These CIS clowns be bxtchn about DT recruiting like south Florida has all these Miami caliber DTs that we are not recruiting??

Miami has primary recruiting areas like every other program. Nesta Silvera is the only DT this class worth a UM offer in South Florida.

The state of Florida in general weak when it comes to DT and dline talent in general. Until that changes, recruiting that position is not going to be easy.

Regardless Kool still has us positioned to have a great DT recruiting class once Nesta signs.

Do you think any of these kids could've helped us?

DT TK Chimezda, 6-3 300
IMG
Signed with GT
Other offers: Duke, FSU, Cincy, UGA, Miss St., Mizzou, Minn., Oregon, Tenn., Vandy, Wake

DE Jarrett Jackson, 6-4 265
Palm Beach Gardens
Signed with Louisville
Other offers: USCe, Duke, ECU, UF, FAU, FSU, Ken., Miss St., UNC, Pitt, Rutgers, Tenn., Texas, UCF, USF, VaTech, Wake, WVU

DE Davoan Hawkins, 6-4 270
Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna
Signed with Kentucky
Other offers: Charlotte, Cincy, FAU, FIU, Indiana, Louisville, Miami, NC St., UNC, OU, Syracuse, Temple, WVU, Wisc.

DT Dejmi Dumervil Jean,6-4 370
St. Thomas Aquinas
Signed with Louisville
Other offers: BC, Bowling Green, Cincy, ECU, FAMU, FAU, Illinois, Ken., Maryland, Mich., Mich St., Miss St., Oregon, Oregon St., Purdue, USCe, Rutgers, Syracuse, Tulane, UCF, VaTech, UVA

DE James Head, 6-5 213
Miami Southridge
Signed with Indiana
Other offers: Baylor, FAU, Iowa St., Mich St., Miss St., NC St., Oregon St., USCe, UCF, USF

DE Davontae McCrae, 6-5 255
Miami Northwestern
Signed with NC St.
Other offers: Louisville, Akron, Buffalo, ECU, FIU, FAMU, FAU, GaTech, Maryland, Oregon St., SoMiss, Tenn., Tenn St., Toledo, UAB, UCF, USF, UVA, Wake

DE Kayode Oladele, 6-4 235 (Genron kid IIRC)
Champagnat Catholic
Signed with Auburn
Other offers: Ole Miss, FSU, Baylor, Bowling Green, UF, UGA, Marshall, Miami, Miss St., Oregon, Pitt, USCe, SoMiss, Syracuse, Temple, Tenn., Wisc.

DE Randy Charlton, 6-3 235
Miami Southridge
Signed with UCF
Other offers: Indiana, Syracuse, App St., Baylor, Bowling Green, Colorado, FIU, Illinois, Iowa St., Maryland, Mich St., Miss St., Oregon, Temple, Tenn., USF

Advertisement
My problem isn't with the offer. Frankly I am not someone who has experience evaluating high school film. My problem is that this type of recruiting is what has cost us in the past. Throwing around offers late trying to uncover a diamond in the rough is what a team with a new staff does (Tennessee in this case) that's scrambling and has no choice but to take chances, or lower level P5 schools being poached/missing on top prospects. Of course there are exceptions and a top tier school may find someone they believe can develop with time. But we aren't in that position. We have a need at Tackle and we just didnt prepare for it.

It's Goldenesque but IF there's one coach that has shown the ability to develop under the radar talents it's kool. I just wish he'd have a few homeruns signed first.

Film doesnt look bad.

Ill take Big Jennings word for it as well...hes from Carol City and played with Corey Simon and NFL dl. If he says this kid is an acc level/um Player...Im all in....especially on a Palatka/Jacksonville kid...we seem to have that area sewed up and would love to continue with it.

Looks to be the case of a kid playing on a Palatka team thats kind of middle of nowhere nowadays, getting a Georgia Southern offer and committing early. That leads to the 2 star ranking as they likely never evaled. His sr season goes out...and he is literally 6'3-305+ and has a good get off and The late offers come from acc level /sec programs like UVA, UT that did their due dilligence or had other targets on team or area. The fact that we offered so quick leads me to believe were hedging..and trying to ensure we get 2 more dts in this class. He **** sure aint a Tyriec Martin type...Kid looks like he will or is 320+ right now.

In his Hudl Film he now lists his weight at 330 lbs as it does on this pasts easons team roster.
https://www.hudl.com/profile/5330257/Jordan-Miller

Roster - Sandalwood Saints Football (Jacksonville, FL)

Last edited:
Film doesnt look bad.

Ill take Big Jennings word for it as well...hes from Carol City and played with Corey Simon and NFL dl. If he says this kid is an acc level/um Player...Im all in....especially on a Palatka/Jacksonville kid...we seem to have that area sewed up and would love to continue with it.

Looks to be the case of a kid playing on a Palatka team thats kind of middle of nowhere nowadays, getting a Georgia Southern offer and committing early. That leads to the 2 star ranking as they likely never evaled. His sr season goes out...and he is literally 6'3-305+ and has a good get off and The late offers come from acc level /sec programs like UVA, UT that did their due dilligence or had other targets on team or area. The fact that we offered so quick leads me to believe were hedging..and trying to ensure we get 2 more dts in this class. He **** sure aint a Tyriec Martin type...Kid looks like he will or is 320+ right now.

In his Hudl Film he now lists his weight at 330 lbs as it does on this pasts easons team roster.

In an article he said he wants to get down to 315... He is at least 330 right now.

https://volrecruitingreports.wordpr...he-sudden-for-defensive-tackle-jordan-miller/
“They said with my height and weight, I can be a force at nose guard. I could also move around because I intend to get back down to my moving weight which was 315 where a was faster and more agile.”

DTtQ1TJVMAATuc-.jpg

big boy

Last edited:
My problem isn't with the offer. Frankly I am not someone who has experience evaluating high school film. My problem is that this type of recruiting is what has cost us in the past. Throwing around offers late trying to uncover a diamond in the rough is what a team with a new staff does (Tennessee in this case) that's scrambling and has no choice but to take chances, or lower level P5 schools being poached/missing on top prospects. Of course there are exceptions and a top tier school may find someone they believe can develop with time. But we aren't in that position. We have a need at Tackle and we just didnt prepare for it.

It's Goldenesque but IF there's one coach that has shown the ability to develop under the radar talents it's kool. I just wish he'd have a few homeruns signed first.

Your honesty is like a breath of fresh air...Like so many others have said before, I think staff was taken by surprise with DTs going Pro. Basic physics, they didn't count on 1 pulling the other and becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. Doesn't hurt that each will most probably (even if 5-7) make $450k + in 2018. Come on, to make up those earnings got to work how many years with a degree in Sports Science? And they get injured like MY, now what? Boosters gonna give em a job? That's why CMR1 is trying to bring a different approach, WHILE still working within the constraints of the neurotic, if not outright psychotic, NCAA leadership @ the moment.

Advertisement
These CIS clowns be bxtchn about DT recruiting like south Florida has all these Miami caliber DTs that we are not recruiting??

Miami has primary recruiting areas like every other program. Nesta Silvera is the only DT this class worth a UM offer in South Florida.

The state of Florida in general weak when it comes to DT and dline talent in general. Until that changes, recruiting that position is not going to be easy.

Regardless Kool still has us positioned to have a great DT recruiting class once Nesta signs.

DT TK Chimezda, 6-3 300
IMG
Signed with GT
Other offers: Duke, FSU, Cincy, UGA, Miss St., Mizzou, Minn., Oregon, Tenn., Vandy, Wake

Palm Beach Gardens
Signed with Louisville
Other offers: USCe, Duke, ECU, UF, FAU, FSU, Ken., Miss St., UNC, Pitt, Rutgers, Tenn., Texas, UCF, USF, VaTech, Wake, WVU

Signed with Kentucky
Other offers: Charlotte, Cincy, FAU, FIU, Indiana, Louisville, Miami, NC St., UNC, OU, Syracuse, Temple, WVU, Wisc.

St. Thomas Aquinas
Signed with Louisville
Other offers: BC, Bowling Green, Cincy, ECU, FAMU, FAU, Illinois, Ken., Maryland, Mich., Mich St., Miss St., Oregon, Oregon St., Purdue, USCe, Rutgers, Syracuse, Tulane, UCF, VaTech, UVA

DE James Head, 6-5 213
Miami Southridge
Signed with Indiana
Other offers: Baylor, FAU, Iowa St., Mich St., Miss St., NC St., Oregon St., USCe, UCF, USF

Miami Northwestern
Signed with NC St.
Other offers: Louisville, Akron, Buffalo, ECU, FIU, FAMU, FAU, GaTech, Maryland, Oregon St., SoMiss, Tenn., Tenn St., Toledo, UAB, UCF, USF, UVA, Wake

Champagnat Catholic
Signed with Auburn
Other offers: Ole Miss, FSU, Baylor, Bowling Green, UF, UGA, Marshall, Miami, Miss St., Oregon, Pitt, USCe, SoMiss, Syracuse, Temple, Tenn., Wisc.

Miami Southridge
Signed with UCF
Other offers: Indiana, Syracuse, App St., Baylor, Bowling Green, Colorado, FIU, Illinois, Iowa St., Maryland, Mich St., Miss St., Oregon, Temple, Tenn., USF

Consequence of the early signing period. You all would've been calling for coaches heads if we tucked tail and settled for those recruits when we are in the game for better talent.

From TOS:

"This is what BJ Jennings dad, who is the LB and strength and conditioning coach at this kids H.S. had to say about him:
"He’s 6-4, 330 and he can move. He’s a big, strong kid, is very physical, agile. He’s a good, humble kid, very smart and intelligent. I actually went through and evaluated a lot of kids coming out in his class - if he was being promoted and people knew about him that’s a 4 or 5 star kid.”

"Mandarin High head coach Bernard Harrell coached against Williams this past year said this:"

“He’s the real deal. He emerged out of nowhere. We played him and we couldn’t block him. I was like `Who is this kid?’”

"More from BJ Jennings dad:"

"Miami got the film last night, and this morning coach (Mark) Richt called with an offer,” said Jennings, who played at Florida State. “This kid, he’s legit, the real deal. I think he’s going to be a great one. I played with some really good D linemen playing at Florida State, but this kid is amazing, man. It’s hard to find kids that size, it’s very rare you find them that size that can come off the ball like him and stay low, penetrate through the holes and seek the ball out the way he does. He hustles, flies to the ball, it’s very rare in a kid his size."

"BJ's dads final thoughts on him:"

“I almost bet you that Miami’s the frontrunner now,” Jennings said. “He’s going to be really a dominant player for Miami. I think Miami got a steal. This is bigger than a sleeper. He’s unbelievable. He wrecks everything you put it in front of him. He blows up double teams and still makes the plays. I don’t think anyone can block the kid one on one.”

Film doesnt look bad.

In an article he said he wants to get down to 315... He is at least 330 right now.

https://volrecruitingreports.wordpr...he-sudden-for-defensive-tackle-jordan-miller/
“They said with my height and weight, I can be a force at nose guard. I could also move around because I intend to get back down to my moving weight which was 315 where a was faster and more agile.”

DTtQ1TJVMAATuc-.jpg

big boy

And not a flab bucket!

From TOS:

"This is what BJ Jennings dad, who is the LB and strength and conditioning coach at this kids H.S. had to say about him:
"He’s 6-4, 330 and he can move. He’s a big, strong kid, is very physical, agile. He’s a good, humble kid, very smart and intelligent. I actually went through and evaluated a lot of kids coming out in his class - if he was being promoted and people knew about him that’s a 4 or 5 star kid.”

"Mandarin High head coach Bernard Harrell coached against Williams this past year said this:"

“He’s the real deal. He emerged out of nowhere. We played him and we couldn’t block him. I was like `Who is this kid?’”

"Miami got the film last night, and this morning coach (Mark) Richt called with an offer,” said Jennings, who played at Florida State. “This kid, he’s legit, the real deal. I think he’s going to be a great one. I played with some really good D linemen playing at Florida State, but this kid is amazing, man. It’s hard to find kids that size, it’s very rare you find them that size that can come off the ball like him and stay low, penetrate through the holes and seek the ball out the way he does. He hustles, flies to the ball, it’s very rare in a kid his size."

“I almost bet you that Miami’s the frontrunner now,” Jennings said. “He’s going to be really a dominant player for Miami. I think Miami got a steal. This is bigger than a sleeper. He’s unbelievable. He wrecks everything you put it in front of him. He blows up double teams and still makes the plays. I don’t think anyone can block the kid one on one
.”

giphy.gif

the-rock.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
From TOS:

“I almost bet you that Miami’s the frontrunner now,” Jennings said. “He’s going to be really a dominant player for Miami. I think Miami got a steal. This is bigger than a sleeper. He’s unbelievable. He wrecks everything you put it in front of him. He blows up double teams and still makes the plays. I don’t think anyone can block the kid one on one.”

That is high praise from a coach and an opposing coach. Hopefully Jennings isn't just hyping up his player (which he should as his coach). If what he's saying is true and his tape is a pretty good indicator, this could potentially be a very good diamond in the rough.

BoRtch's weakness was never recruiting or finding creative ways to get ballers on his roster. Remember Santana Moss on a track scholly?

Schools like FIU and FAU can take risks on kids that Miami can't or is unwilling to take on.

As for anyone content with our DL recruiting up to this point, SMH. Look at the DE/DT depth chart when Richt/Diaz/Kul were hired and compare it to now. If DL recruiting was fine, Patke would not have been brought in from a quality control position to help Kul.

right it's Kul's fault Patchan cant stay healthy, DJ Johnson is soft, and RJ was worried about "double Teams". smh

I think the current state of our DL isn't just on Kul, but Diaz and Richt too. If fans knew losing RJ and Norton was a possibility to go along with Thomas, Harris, and Moten graduating, then surely the coaches knew too.

We've lost 5 productive/rotational players in Thomas, Harris, RJ, Norton, and Moten. 2 more bodies in Big Hoss and Bleeding ******. We've signed 1 DE in Rousseau, and have 1 DT commit in Nesta.

Patke was brought in to help Kul with recruiting. Why is that?

If you can't see something is off with our defensive recruiting, Im not sure what else to say.

Do not disagree, but would your opinion change if got all AH4? + Chatman? Who do you think we need to close on to make it a "passing grade" class d wise?

Advertisement
Jordan Miller sounds like a beast, we get him and we got the top 2 DTs in Florida this recruiting class.

DT TK Chimezda, 6-3 300
IMG
Signed with GT

Palm Beach Gardens
Signed with Louisville

Signed with Kentucky

St. Thomas Aquinas
Signed with Louisville

DE James Head, 6-5 213
Miami Southridge
Signed with Indiana

Miami Northwestern
Signed with NC St.

Champagnat Catholic
Signed with Auburn

Miami Southridge
Signed with UCF

Consequence of the early signing period. You all would've been calling for coaches heads if we tucked tail and settled for those recruits when we are in the game for better talent.

Do you think any of those kids could've helped us?

DT TK Chimezda, 6-3 300
IMG
Signed with GT

Palm Beach Gardens
Signed with Louisville

Signed with Kentucky

St. Thomas Aquinas
Signed with Louisville

DE James Head, 6-5 213
Miami Southridge
Signed with Indiana

Miami Northwestern
Signed with NC St.

Champagnat Catholic
Signed with Auburn

Miami Southridge
Signed with UCF

Do you think any of those kids could've helped us?

We are about to sign Nesta, Miller, Chatfield, Chatman, Briggs so no. Oladele gets credit but I don't care bc we are going to finish with an A÷ dline recruiting class.

Advertisement
Nice get-off for a kid his size. He looks great too. Well put together. Not sloppy.

I would look at his offer list and worry less about his stars. Maybe he was a late bloomer and/or didn't camp a lot.

I like him better than Briggs.....jmo

Me too.. Miller sounds like the elite 1tech we need and I haven't heard anybody give Briggs anywhere near this level of praise even if it's an exaggeration.

Miller has enough size, quickness and, strength to come into the rotation as a freshman and help in the Norton role of a DT. Briggs while an excellent athlete is about 260--265 at present and does not have the size or power to assume the Norton role at the moment.

The delusional hype train about this 2 star player is disturbing.

My "fire all the defensive coaches" meter just went up 15%.

If we can't field a top 15-20 total and scoring defense everyone on D needs to go.

Last edited:
I would be shocked if this kid was actually 6'4" tall. If that's actually true, then he was competing against some 6'7" quarterbacks. He has above average speed and strength. It's hard to tell how strong and fast he is because his highlight tape is against inferior competition.

I am all for young bodies at the DT position. We should bring in too many every year and process them as needed. He is a take because of need.

Advertisement
Back