Jordan Miller - 3 star - Commits!!!

In a perfect world with perfect DT depth, Miller would redshirt. But unfortunately thats not going to happen unless we pull Coburn who could backup Ford and Tito. If we dont get Coburn then Miller will have to play. If Ford got burn last year then Miller is getting burn.

Advertisement
Yeah I think that trend will turn some under richt. If he has a breakout year, 10 plus sacks and dominates, go. Otherwise, he’d benefit from a 4th year here.

Can’t apply logic to this. Norton and RJ didn’t come close to dominating and they bolted. It’s a disturbing trend we have going.

I agree that Richt will correct it to some extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

?? Lol They were dominant DTs put down the pipe

Yeah Miller is gonna play with the departure of Willis after this year. That will leave us with bethel and ford and silvera and Miller for 2019 and he needs some playing time, even if it’s not significant/important time. Gonna have to get in shape on the run and focus on the time between ‘18 and ‘19 to make the jump.

Norton and rj were good. Rj more dominant and ready and will test out well and have the measurable. Norton? Not so much.

If he was a d end, he’d have stayed there. With the lack of depth at dt he’s not going back. He’s too big. We aren’t looking for or playing 280 lb d ends

But we are not looking for 280lb DTs either. Which is why I think it makes way more sense to put Chatman at SDE. He's 260 now. Gus can chisel him up and still have him at 275 coming off the strong side.

Really don't want to see them try to bulk this kid up to 290 / 300. That would be a 2 year project. Also why I was never ecstatic about Briggs. He's really a SDE which is where FSU will likely play him.

You guys are as obsessed as Folden with all this weight mongering. You don’t have to be over 300 pounds to be an effective and useful rotational DT in college football.

Miami built this program on lighter faster Dlinemen, and that was back when teams played much more power football offensively. There wasn’t all that spread uptempo stuff. And we still whipped everyone.

Advertisement
Agreed. We don’t have not do we recruit nor do we play 260lb plus d ends. Yeah, Thomas left here at 270 maybe. But you don’t show up at UM at 260 and stay or play end.

Someone tell me the last kid we recruited who played end in hs and was 260 who came in and finished their career at d end?

I'd bet Chatman starts out as SSDE who potentially plays inside on passing downs. Where he ends up probably depends on his work ethic, ideal weight for his body type, and the depth chart.

I'd bet Chatman starts out as SSDE who potentially plays inside on passing downs. Where he ends up probably depends on his work ethic, ideal weight for his body type, and the depth chart.

Yea, he’s going to start out like Pat Bethel and probably move inside next year

Yea, he’s going to start out like Pat Bethel and probably move inside next year

That wouldn't surprise me at all, though I could see it taking another year as well. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall Bethel having a bigger lower body (and those types of guys usually put on weight more easily).

Advertisement
Lol he’s not starting out at d end. Isn’t he being recruited as a dt? Our d ends all fit the same mold. Thomas, d Jax, joe Jax, garvin, Rousseau. Cmon man.

Is he even coming here as a d end? Do you know what UM calls 260 lb d ends out of hs? Defensive tackles.

Who was the last kid we signed and who showed up over 250 who started out and played d end?

Lol he’s not starting out at d end. Isn’t he being recruited as a dt? Our d ends all fit the same mold. Thomas, d Jax, joe Jax, garvin, Rousseau. Cmon man.

Is he even coming here as a d end? Do you know what UM calls 260 lb d ends out of hs? Defensive tackles.

Who was the last kid we signed and who showed up over 250 who started out and played d end?

Kool told him he would play sde and 3 tech. He will probably kick inside full time year 2.

Anyone have the last kid who showed up as a freshman over 250 who stayed at and played d end? Asking for a friend.

Bethel is a dt. Not a d end. Stop.

Yes he's more suitable for DT (3 technique) than DE. My point is that if we have injuries at DE, he may have to log time there which he is likely capable of doing.

Despite all the (legitimate) concern over DT, our DT depth chart right now looks a lot better than our DE depth chart.

Advertisement
Anyone have the last kid who showed up as a freshman over 250 who stayed at and played d end? Asking for a friend.

You having a hard time with this. Kool told him he wanted him to play sde and DT. He didn't say you are going to play DE your whole career. It is a way to potentially get him on the field right away with the lack of depth at sde.

I don’t know if one is “better” than the other. To me, they are about equal depth wise. Sure bethel could play there if there are injuries. We had a plethora of d ends the last couple years. The reality is, we don’t much more than a rotation of 3-4 guys. I’m not thrilled with the amount of rotating we’ve done sometimes and feel guys should play more. Djax, joe Jax and garvin shouldn’t be coming out all that much and get patchan and Rousseau some work. That’s plenty for now and hopefully get Chatfield and get a couple more next year.

Advertisement
And I’m not sure dj showed up at or over 250, did he? I figured he was like 240-245 although he looked bigger. And I said he’d eventually move inside.

I don’t care what kool told him. Tell me the last kid who came in at or over 250 and actually played d end, even for a season? Amd this kid is 260 now and might be more when he arrives? Ok. All our d ends the last several years have come here between 6’3 and 6’6 and 220-235.

I don’t care what kool told him. Tell me the last kid who came in at or over 250 and actually played d end, even for a season? Amd this kid is 260 now and might be more when he arrives? Ok. All our d ends the last several years have come here between 6’3 and 6’6 and 220-235.

Pat Bethel played end as a freshman. I'd expect Chatman to be used in a similar way.

Advertisement
Back