Jordan Miller - 3 star - Commits!!!

Again, don’t see him taking time from d Jax, j Jax, garvin, patchan or Rousseau who is in already and a spring/semester ahead. I guess we’ll see.

Advertisement
He could be in the 2 deep at DE.

Of course, since Patchan was healthy this year (and since he won't have to deal with any rehab), he could very well be up around 255-260 next year. At that weight, he could be a solid ball player for us. The injuries obviously set him back.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Chatman on the outside for a year before moving on inside.

I don’t see Chatman logging many minutes at d end in 2018. I don’t care or doubt kool told him that. It’s recruting. Tell him what he wants to hear. Who’s he going to take time from? In what situation?

If Patchan stays healthy, look out! The kid is explosive.

I don’t see Chatman logging many minutes at d end in 2018. I don’t care or doubt kool told him that. It’s recruting. Tell him what he wants to hear. Who’s he going to take time from? In what situation?

Have you looked at our DE depth chart? Sure, he's likely more suited long-term for DT, but we may need him at DE by necessity.

Again, don’t see him taking time from d Jax, j Jax, garvin, patchan or Rousseau who is in already and a spring/semester ahead. I guess we’ll see.

D Jax who's recovering from a knee injury? Patchan who's been injured more than healthy? Rousseau who will be a skinny Freshman (I love his long-term potential)? If Chatman is to play as a FR, it seems a lot more likely at DE than at DT. Again, I'm not arguing that he's not likely a DT down the road. I'm just saying as a FR he might be more likely to contribute at DE.

Do you not get that every argument isn't binary?

Last edited:
Excited for Miller hopefully he puts in the work. He working out with that old rusty weight set. Already tells me a lot.

Just saw Miller's highlight film and let me say that if that is what a 2 star looks like then we need to be recruiting a lot more 2 stars. Also I wholeheartedly agree with those who have stated that this commit is nothing and I mean nothing like Fines, Martin or Wyche. This kid can play. This kid is legit. A blind man could see it with a cane. It isn't exactly common to see the type of explosion and quickness off the snap in someone that big. Does Miller need polish? Yes of course he does as the vast majority of true freshmen do especially at DT. What Miller does have already are things that either you can't teach or things that are very difficult to teach.

As I mentioned, the explosion and quickness off the snap are elite. He has a great motor but what really stuck out at me was his awareness and ability to quickly locate the ball. I also get the feeling in watching his film that he is a natural football player and not some really big strong athletic kid trying to play football. No sir this kid has a knack and an excellent feel for the game which again really jumped out at me on tape. You get the sense watching him play that he thoroughly enjoys the game.

Guysum, this is a tremendous break for us as Miller is a potentially dominant 1 tech and those types are difficult to find. If we end up with both Miller and Silvera then IMO we will have signed the 2 best DT prospects in the state this cycle. If we can add Chatman or Coburn then all of a sudden we are looking at what could be an excellent DT haul and considering the way things were looking 2 weeks ago that would be absolutely mindblowing. Now lets get that 3rd DT and the AH4 and finish this class off the way we all know we can.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Love that we're at 39 pages!! Recruits like this deserve praise!! F all the divas.

Love that we're at 39 pages!! Recruits like this deserve praise!! F all the divas.

No doubt. How public opinion has turned in a hurry. Glad I posted the vids and people saw the same things I saw, because this young man didn't deserve the "Golden special" tag.

so i was checking his public twitter and hudl videos the day it was announced we were evaluating him. before we offered him he had around 700 followers and his tape had about 2k view. now he has over 1300 twitter followers and over 11k views on his huddle tape. **** boy must be loving it!

Last edited:
I'd bet Chatman starts out as SSDE who potentially plays inside on passing downs. Where he ends up probably depends on his work ethic, ideal weight for his body type, and the depth chart.

Yea, he’s going to start out like Pat Bethel and probably move inside next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly my thinking. He starts out at SDE and then maybe eventually moves to the 3T.

The time it will take to get this dude up to 285 good weight we could use him at SDE. Now if he grows and shows that he's fit for DT, then great.

Advertisement
I'd bet Chatman starts out as SSDE who potentially plays inside on passing downs. Where he ends up probably depends on his work ethic, ideal weight for his body type, and the depth chart.

Yea, he’s going to start out like Pat Bethel and probably move inside next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly my thinking. He starts out at SDE and then maybe eventually moves to the 3T.

The time it will take to get this dude up to 285 good weight we could use him at SDE. Now if he grows and shows that he's fit for DT, then great.

Yup and we need some stout ends this year honestly with the loss of DJ.

Geeez, stop throwing the term "elite" around. It's a very big get for us considering the whiffs we had at that position this year but if some of his attributes are "elite" then they would have been noticed at some point during the football season and not in November when he released a highlight tape. Word gets out if you are "elite." Either way, good get for us.

Geeez, stop throwing the term "elite" around. It's a very big get for us considering the whiffs we had at that position this year but if some of his attributes are "elite" then they would have been noticed at some point during the football season and not in November when he released a highlight tape. Word gets out if you are "elite." Either way, good get for us.

Word is getting out. And he was noticed during the football season, read the interview where Raines' HC says he was dominant, and that that was obvious to them on film during the year.

DT is a hard position to stand out at, and without a highlight tape major colleges weren't going to be recruiting him.

Is he as good as a Nesta or a Coburn? Unlikely. But let's not act like because he was noticed late he can't be elite. If Bama offered this kid (as Ivins reported they were considering), he'd be bumped up to a 4* overnight.

He's definitely raw and needs a year of college S&C. His potential, especially with Kool coaching him, is enormous though

Man some of you guys whine like little es. His tape shows what kind of player he is regardless of stars. Kid wasnt evaluated cause he didnt play into going to all the camp circuit bs. If we let this kid walk away and he turns out like I think will you guys would be complaining even more about why we didnt push for him. Some of yall need to go watch his tape and compare it to the other top dt's tapes and then tell me with a straight face he's not on par with them.. I'll wait...

Advertisement

Word is getting out. And he was noticed during the football season, read the interview where Raines' HC says he was dominant, and that that was obvious to them on film during the year.

DT is a hard position to stand out at, and without a highlight tape major colleges weren't going to be recruiting him.

Is he as good as a Nesta or a Coburn? Unlikely. But let's not act like because he was noticed late he can't be elite. If Bama offered this kid (as Ivins reported they were considering), he'd be bumped up to a 4* overnight.

He's definitely raw and needs a year of college S&C. His potential, especially with Kool coaching him, is enormous though

Oh no doubt. I hate the term "elite" being thrown around like it's candy. More than likely the ones throwing that term out there have zero idea about recruiting and football lol

Have you looked at our DE depth chart? Sure, he's likely more suited long-term for DT, but we may need him at DE by necessity.

D Jax who's recovering from a knee injury? Patchan who's been injured more than healthy? Rousseau who will be a skinny Freshman (I love his long-term potential)? If Chatman is to play as a FR, it seems a lot more likely at DE than at DT. Again, I'm not arguing that he's not likely a DT down the road. I'm just saying as a FR he might be more likely to contribute at DE.

I definitely agree with you! He(Chatman) will get plenty of burn at DE, not at DT. I’m inclined to say that he stays at DE. Because we will be recruiting more 300lb monsters in the future classes.

Advertisement

I definitely agree with you! He(Chatman) will get plenty of burn at DE, not at DT. I’m inclined to say that he stays at DE. Because we will be recruiting more 300lb monsters in the future classes.

I think we will continue to recruit both...kul seems to like those athletic 3 tech types too, Briggs/Goldwire/Carson for instance if you don't believe Chatman moves inside.

D0DC2A30-AFD5-444C-8B8F-805073426A15.jpg
He's coming

Advertisement
Back