Jordan Miller - 3 star - Commits!!!

I don’t care what kool told him. Tell me the last kid who came in at or over 250 and actually played d end, even for a season? Amd this kid is 260 now and might be more when he arrives? Ok. All our d ends the last several years have come here between 6’3 and 6’6 and 220-235.

Dj johnson

Advertisement
Bethel didn’t arrive here anywhere close to 250 as a true freshmen. So, no, he didn’t arrive here and play end at 250 as a true freshman.

As cowboycane stated, how’d that work out for dj? And he was listed at 240 upon arrival. Not 250 plus. So, no.

Bethel didn’t arrive here anywhere close to 250 as a true freshmen. So, no, he didn’t arrive here and play end at 250 as a true freshman.

Bethel was 250 as a senior in high school. Played his freshmen season at 265.

Advertisement
I don’t care what kool told him. Tell me the last kid who came in at or over 250 and actually played d end, even for a season? Amd this kid is 260 now and might be more when he arrives? Ok. All our d ends the last several years have come here between 6’3 and 6’6 and 220-235.

Dj johnson

Chad Thomas was around 250lbs when he 1st got here

Last edited:

Dj johnson

Chad Thomas was aroumd 250lbs when he 1st got here

Yea i dont know whats going on with that guy and weight.

Lol he’s not starting out at d end. Isn’t he being recruited as a dt? Our d ends all fit the same mold. Thomas, d Jax, joe Jax, garvin, Rousseau. Cmon man.

Is he even coming here as a d end? Do you know what UM calls 260 lb d ends out of hs? Defensive tackles.

Who was the last kid we signed and who showed up over 250 who started out and played d end?

He said himself that the coaches will play him at D End and DT.

Chatman said. “He told me they wanted me really bad and that I can play strongside end and tackle
https://miami.rivals.com/news/with-chatman-s-prayer-answered-by-diaz-call-um-team-to-beat

Ok you guys win. B/c the track record of kids who come here over 250 and staying at or logging significant minutes at d end is so high. Lol

Advertisement
I'd bet Chatman starts out as SSDE who potentially plays inside on passing downs. Where he ends up probably depends on his work ethic, ideal weight for his body type, and the depth chart.

Yea, he’s going to start out like Pat Bethel and probably move inside next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This should be pretty obvious to everyone.

Miami built this program on lighter faster Dlinemen, and that was back when teams played much more power football offensively. There wasn’t all that spread uptempo stuff. And we still whipped everyone.

The problem is that the 300lb dlineman are just as athletic has the lighter players back in the day and so are bigger Olineman they are facing now a days.

Chad wasn’t 250 when he got here. He was probably more like 235. Stop.

That is false. Chad weighed exactly 240 lbs at the opening in the summer of 2013 (10 months before he arrived on campus). And per Matt Porter, Thomas was at 260 in July of 2014. (Link: Five most eye-popping numbers from the Miami Hurricanes weight room | Canes Watch).

It's a silly argument regardless, since body type matters and coach kool reportedly told Chatman he'd be playing some SSDE (at least) his Freshman year.

Advertisement
Ok you guys win. B/c the track record of kids who come here over 250 and staying at or logging significant minutes at d end is so high. Lol

Is something wrong with you? People are showing you are wrong and you still trying to argue. Bethel played sde as a freshmen at 265, chad was 260, dj last year was 260-265.

Nobody said chatman was going to stay at sde but he will get reps there year one because he isn't big enough to play DT.

Yep.

This happens a bit.

William Joseph was a DE for a year, too - probably between 270 - 280 - before moving inside to DT and eventually being a 1st rounder.

Is something wrong with you? People are showing you are wrong and you still trying to argue. Bethel played sde as a freshmen at 265, chad was 260, dj last year was 260-265.

Nobody said chatman was going to stay at sde but he will get reps there year one because he isn't big enough to play DT.

Stop bro. The track record of kids coming here over 250 and playing d end isn’t there. Now dj was 265? And chad at 260 as a true freshman? Yeah b/c weights are never inflated/deflated when it suits the agenda. Bethel was 265 as a true freshman? No.

Advertisement
Stop bro. The track record of kids coming here over 250 and playing d end isn’t there. Now dj was 265? And chad at 260 as a true freshman? Yeah b/c weights are never inflated/deflated when it suits the agenda. Bethel was 265 as a true freshman? No.

Why do you care so much?

Whelp..sounds like its time to nuke this thread. Yall mofos arent even talking about Millers commitment anymore.

I don’t see Chatman logging many minutes at d end in 2018. I don’t care or doubt kool told him that. It’s recruting. Tell him what he wants to hear. Who’s he going to take time from? In what situation?

He could be in the 2 deep at DE.

Of course, since Patchan was healthy this year (and since he won't have to deal with any rehab), he could very well be up around 255-260 next year. At that weight, he could be a solid ball player for us. The injuries obviously set him back.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Chatman on the outside for a year before moving on inside.

I don’t see Chatman logging many minutes at d end in 2018. I don’t care or doubt kool told him that. It’s recruting. Tell him what he wants to hear. Who’s he going to take time from? In what situation?

Advertisement
Back