Jordan Cunningham visiting this weekend?

Alex Montgomery>>> and it isn't close.

check Cunnighams senior highlights and I think you'll change your mind

I dont have to. I've seen both play and it isn't close.

alright I respect your opinion but many colleges coachs feel different

Fair enough. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cunningham sign with a school like Vandy come NSD.

To be honest, he probably would've been a take in a bigger class like last years but he's redundant to what we already have on the roster.

Advertisement
Kid reminds me alot of Aldarius Johnson. Do not want. If he visits this weekend I would guess that is a bad sign for Coley.

Aldarius could have been a great player here. Aldarius' issues had nothing to do with his talent.

Besides not running a good route, being incredibly slow, and not being able to catch?

There are plenty of good receivers who could be classified as "incredibly slow" and route running has little to do with talent, but much more to due with diligence, attention to detail, and work ethic, which are things that AJ was devoid of. His ability to catch the ball, at least to me, was never in question. I know he dropped more than two passes at UM, but the only two I remember were in the OSU game.

Not sure, he was slow and couldn't create ANY kind of separation. Yes route running would help, but no pa tanto

that's pretty much what they said about Reggie Wayne when he came out with Santana Moss into the NFL draft.
Good possession type receiver without deep speed. Good hands . Polished route runner.

Cunningham's tape looks good. He is being offered by every top program in the country. Looks like another 6'1" 180lb possession type receiver from last year....Amari Cooper.

Um no he's not. He doesn't have an offer from UF, FSU, or Miami. What does that tell you? And if he gets an offer from FSU, it is as a back-up plan to Stacy Coley.

And Amari Cooper is not a "possession" WR in case you haven't realized.

No **** Cooper is not a possesion WR now, but last year his scouting report is exactly like Cunningham's.
And yes Cunningham has been offered by Alabama, FSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Tennessee, Stanford, Vandy, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska et al.
He's visited FSU this past weekend.

This guy is not a scrub like so many on these boards seem to think.
If you go by ESPN's rankings grades he is an 84 while last year Tracy Howard was an 83 and Duke was an 82 while Amari Cooper was an 82.

Before some of you "I can only see one line" fanatics go off on some bizarre tangent saying I think he's better than Duke. I don't but there are
people out there who do this for a living who think Cunningham is pretty **** talented and as last year proved for us: injuries happen.
We lost Lewis, Lockhart, Hurns to injury and Scott to his own issues and had to play a guy like Waters, who did great, but who I'm sure we would
rather have redshirted.
You can never have enough playmakers and this guy Cunningham looks to not only be physically talented with great hands and toughness, but he is also seemingly quite bright.

What's not to like about those attributes.

He wasn't offered by UM. I don't know about the other teams on your list, but I'd guess there's a likelihood of fabrication with them too because he doesn't hold a UM offer.

I forgot, you do this for a living and every site like ESPN, Rivals, Scout who says he is offered by pretty much everybody, those guys are wrong but you are right because you are on Golden's staff.

My bad. I forgot that everyone on this site is an expert and knows more about who we should and shouldn't offer than our coaches.

that's pretty much what they said about Reggie Wayne when he came out with Santana Moss into the NFL draft.
Good possession type receiver without deep speed. Good hands . Polished route runner.

Cunningham's tape looks good. He is being offered by every top program in the country. Looks like another 6'1" 180lb possession type receiver from last year....Amari Cooper.

Um no he's not. He doesn't have an offer from UF, FSU, or Miami. What does that tell you? And if he gets an offer from FSU, it is as a back-up plan to Stacy Coley.

No **** Cooper is not a possesion WR now, but last year his scouting report is exactly like Cunningham's.
And yes Cunningham has been offered by Alabama, FSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Tennessee, Stanford, Vandy, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska et al.

If you go by ESPN's rankings grades he is an 84 while last year Tracy Howard was an 83 and Duke was an 82 while Amari Cooper was an 82.

Before some of you "I can only see one line" fanatics go off on some bizarre tangent saying I think he's better than Duke. I don't but there are
people out there who do this for a living who think Cunningham is pretty **** talented and as last year proved for us: injuries happen.
We lost Lewis, Lockhart, Hurns to injury and Scott to his own issues and had to play a guy like Waters, who did great, but who I'm sure we would
rather have redshirted.
You can never have enough playmakers and this guy Cunningham looks to not only be physically talented with great hands and toughness, but he is also seemingly quite bright.

He wasn't offered by UM. I don't know about the other teams on your list, but I'd guess there's a likelihood of fabrication with them too because he doesn't hold a UM offer.

I forgot, you do this for a living and every site like ESPN, Rivals, Scout who says he is offered by pretty much everybody, those guys are wrong but you are right because you are on Golden's staff.

My bad. I forgot that everyone on this site is an expert and knows more about who we should and shouldn't offer than our coaches.

He's too slow....sorry. Congrats on Stanford, that's awesome.

Advertisement
Jesus Christ this dude is puking all over himself. Cunningham does not hold offers from any of the Big 3.

Why does everyone hate Jordan Cunningham? I really don't get it. No, he's not explosive, but where does it say that every receiver you recruit has to run a sub 4.5? Where does it say that every receiver who has ever had any success has been a sub 4.5 guy? This haggling over his level of explosion and the fact that he doesn't get as much separation now is overstated. As of right now, he's a zone buster, who has a sure pair of hands and can work the holes in the coverage. As he develops, he could become more than that. 40 time and 3 cone get chopped down by Swasey, then all of a sudden you have a 6'3, 195 pound guy with a little more explosion, and a sure set of hands.

Why does everyone hate Jordan Cunningham? I really don't get it. No, he's not explosive, but where does it say that every receiver you recruit has to run a sub 4.5? Where does it say that every receiver who has ever had any success has been a sub 4.5 guy? This haggling over his level of explosion and the fact that he doesn't get as much separation now is overstated. As of right now, he's a zone buster, who has a sure pair of hands and can work the holes in the coverage. As he develops, he could become more than that. 40 time and 3 cone get chopped down by Swasey, then all of a sudden you have a 6'3, 195 pound guy with a little more explosion, and a sure set of hands.

Agree. If we the ships we had last year, he would be in the class. WR is not a need and Coley is coming so there is no need right now to take 2 at this point.

Advertisement

rather have redshirted.

Good reaction. He doesn't hold a UM offer. I don't give a f#ck what ESPN says because I follow UM a lot closer than they do. Go stomp your feet over that if you need to.

He's not 6'3 either. I don't think we hate Jordan. We just like him as much as Al does, which isn't enough to give him an offer to come to UM.

He's not 6'3 either. I don't think we hate Jordan. We just like him as much as Al does, which isn't enough to give him an offer to come to UM.

Nicely said. +1

So Mark D'Onforio and Lawerence Dawsey were both at his high school last week meeting with him because they don't have offers into him? Do people in here really think you know what you are talking about or are they just entertained by the pomposity of your own self induced importance? This guy knows nothing people…. not a damned thing.

Cue the meltdown in 3… 2…. 1...

So do you maintain that UM can't get him to visit, and is going to lose him to Stanford?

Advertisement

Like I said he's redundant to what we already have on the roster. He brings nothing else to the table that Jontavious Carter, D'Mauri Jones and Herb Waters cant do.

So Mark D'Onforio and Lawerence Dawsey were both at his high school last week meeting with him because they don't have offers into him? Do people in here really think you know what you are talking about or are they just entertained by the pomposity of your own self induced importance? This guy knows nothing people…. not a damned thing.

Yeah, because if we wanted a WR we'd send D'Onfrio....do you even read what you write?

Do you think that every recruit coaches visit holds an offer? Coaches visited with Bristly estime last week as well....

Advertisement

304.gif

Coaches met with Brisly Estime last week too. I guess he has an offer according your non-existing logic too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think that every recruit coaches visit holds an offer? Coaches visited with Bristly estime last week as well....[/QUOTE]

It's late January and a school is visiting a 2013 recruit. They are doing this why in you opinion? Because they have time to waste? (Mind you, I happen to know for a fact that he does have an offer).

Last edited by a moderator:

Is this your first year following recruiting?

Advertisement
Back