Jordan Cunningham visiting this weekend?

Advertisement
Aldarius Johnson, but with a better work ethic, and better route running.

Aldarius Johnson with a brain

basically lol...a brain would have made Aldarius a 3rd or 4th round pick

Not sure, he was slow and couldn't create ANY kind of separation. Yes route running would help, but no pa tanto

But he was physical and did have great hands. Allen Hurns doesn't create much separation either, but he's physical enough to make some room for himself. I'm partial to guys that create separation like Coley, but I also know that there's a place for guys like Anquan Boldin and Hakeem Nicks.

Advertisement

Not sure, he was slow and couldn't create ANY kind of separation. Yes route running would help, but no pa tanto

that's pretty much what they said about Reggie Wayne when he came out with Santana Moss into the NFL draft.
Good possession type receiver without deep speed. Good hands . Polished route runner.

Cunningham's tape looks good. He is being offered by every top program in the country. Looks like another 6'1" 180lb possession type receiver from last year....Amari Cooper.

But he was physical and did have great hands. Allen Hurns doesn't create much separation either, but he's physical enough to make some room for himself. I'm partial to guys that create separation like Coley, but I also know that there's a place for guys like Anquan Boldin and Hakeem Nicks.

" I also know that there's a place for guys like Anquan Boldin and Hakeem Nicks"

You mean a place like the Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl?

that's pretty much what they said about Reggie Wayne when he came out with Santana Moss into the NFL draft.
Good possession type receiver without deep speed. Good hands . Polished route runner.

Cunningham's tape looks good. He is being offered by every top program in the country. Looks like another 6'1" 180lb possession type receiver from last year....Amari Cooper.

Um no he's not. He doesn't have an offer from UF, FSU, or Miami. What does that tell you? And if he gets an offer from FSU, it is as a back-up plan to Stacy Coley.

And Amari Cooper is not a "possession" WR in case you haven't realized.

Advertisement
If we wanted this kid he would've been a commitment several months ago.

There is much dispute as to whether we are taking "extra ships" due to the good news regarding the investigation. IF that were the case, this could be an instance in which Jordan was told, initially, "we don't have room for you". Now with the news we have received, we may be opening up a spot to him.

That's all speculation and I'm not saying that is definitely what has occurred. Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Talk about a guy who I thought was going to be really good and blew it. AJ has some of the best freshman receiving stats I could find since at least 2004.

Freshman Receiving Stats Comparisons

2012-Herb Waters 10-227-2 TD
2011-Phillip Dorsett 14-147-1 TD (Over 800 yards in sophomore year)
2010-No Freshman WR stats (Signed Hurns)
2009- No freshman WR stats (No WR signed)
2008- Aldarious Johnson 39-332-3 TD (led team in receptions and yards that year!)
2007-Leonard Hankerson 6-63-TD (sets season record for Rec in 2010)
2006-Sam Shield 35-491-4 TD (NFL Corner...dafuq?)
2005-No freshman WR stats (No WR Signed)
2004-Lance Leggett 17-349-4 (below avg career)

So in the last 8 years, Aldarious had more receptions than every freshman wide receiver we signed, was third in yards and had 2nd most TDs. He also was the leading receiver for the team (was our offense THAT bad?) What the **** happened to that guy? I thought he was going to be a good player for us.

Also, Sam Shields had the best rookie year for a WR in that span and is now playing in the league as a corner. Leggett had a good freshman year comparatively to this list and ended up having a below average career at Miami. I think this speaks A LOT to player development and how much the kid will work. By comparison, Hank had a meager 6-63-1 freshman year but then set the single season receiving record his senior year. Work ethic. Phillip Dorsett probably has had (in my mind anyway) superior skill position coaching in his tenure, which is why we see the jump and have confidence in his ability to grow and get better.

Just thought this was interesting. Carry on.

If we wanted this kid he would've been a commitment several months ago.

There is much dispute as to whether we are taking "extra ships" due to the good news regarding the investigation. IF that were the case, this could be an instance in which Jordan was told, initially, "we don't have room for you". Now with the news we have received, we may be opening up a spot to him.

That's all speculation and I'm not saying that is definitely what has occurred. Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

This is the only other possibility.

It's pretty much been Coley or bust though, as far as WR's are concerned.

No. Just no. See Weowns post.

Advertisement

Um no he's not. He doesn't have an offer from UF, FSU, or Miami. What does that tell you? And if he gets an offer from FSU, it is as a back-up plan to Stacy Coley.

No **** Cooper is not a possesion WR now, but last year his scouting report is exactly like Cunningham's.
And yes Cunningham has been offered by Alabama, FSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Tennessee, Stanford, Vandy, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska et al.
He's visited FSU this past weekend.

This guy is not a scrub like so many on these boards seem to think.
If you go by ESPN's rankings grades he is an 84 while last year Tracy Howard was an 83 and Duke was an 82 while Amari Cooper was an 82.

Before some of you "I can only see one line" fanatics go off on some bizarre tangent saying I think he's better than Duke. I don't but there are
people out there who do this for a living who think Cunningham is pretty **** talented and as last year proved for us: injuries happen.
We lost Lewis, Lockhart, Hurns to injury and Scott to his own issues and had to play a guy like Waters, who did great, but who I'm sure we would
rather have redshirted.
You can never have enough playmakers and this guy Cunningham looks to not only be physically talented with great hands and toughness, but he is also seemingly quite bright.

What's not to like about those attributes.

Yes. Just yes. see the following link:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/126315/jordan-cunningham

Advertisement

Yes. Just yes. see the following link:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/126315/jordan-cunningham

Amari Cooper is a possession receiver.

EL OH EL.

Kid reminds me alot of Aldarius Johnson. Do not want. If he visits this weekend I would guess that is a bad sign for Coley.

Aldarius could have been a great player here. Aldarius' issues had nothing to do with his talent.

Besides not running a good route, being incredibly slow, and not being able to catch?

I'm with you. I didn't see the same Glue Feet that some of these dudes did.

There's actually a guy in this thread attempting to draw a parallel between Glue Feet and Reggie Wayne. LULZ

No **** Cooper is not a possesion WR now, but last year his scouting report is exactly like Cunningham's.
And yes Cunningham has been offered by Alabama, FSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Tennessee, Stanford, Vandy, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska et al.
He's visited FSU this past weekend.

This guy is not a scrub like so many on these boards seem to think.
If you go by ESPN's rankings grades he is an 84 while last year Tracy Howard was an 83 and Duke was an 82 while Amari Cooper was an 82.

Before some of you "I can only see one line" fanatics go off on some bizarre tangent saying I think he's better than Duke. I don't but there are
people out there who do this for a living who think Cunningham is pretty **** talented and as last year proved for us: injuries happen.
We lost Lewis, Lockhart, Hurns to injury and Scott to his own issues and had to play a guy like Waters, who did great, but who I'm sure we would
rather have redshirted.
You can never have enough playmakers and this guy Cunningham looks to not only be physically talented with great hands and toughness, but he is also seemingly quite bright.

What's not to like about those attributes.

He wasn't offered by UM. I don't know about the other teams on your list, but I'd guess there's a likelihood of fabrication with them too because he doesn't hold a UM offer.

Advertisement
Back