2023 Jordan “Big Baby” Hall 4* DT from Jacksonville (2023)

I wonder how many other kids are lamenting the way he treated them as well? Man, 🤦
Interesting question. Probably would be worthwhile to compile a list and see the hurdles Mario had to overcome. Some of these are repairable, others won't be.

I know that 5* DL Hicks visited for Paradise and then never heard from Miami again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gotta get back on my soapbox for a bit, this really frosts me.

Was Manny lazy or did he just hate recruiting?

Kid clearly felt disrespected and Mario really had a mountain to climb to fix the damage.
YES! Both. This kid probably wasn’t a good enough dancer for Manny to keep in touch. Hate to keep beating a dead horse, but we will hear more of these stories. He was in over his head, didn’t know how to competently build a P5 roster, and when he figured out that the dance was effectively over, he pretty much quit. The crazy **** is when the hammer finally did fall on his regime, dude acted like he was surprised that it happened, and played up the victim role to the media. Clown move

Advertisement
Are yall just now finding out that Manny was a ****** coach?

Were yall in coma for the last 3 years or something? Lol
To be honest I really didnt know how bad he was. This site can go from zero to 60 so fast and it gets pretty confusing trying to get who know who's and if a coach is decent or not based off dudes like you and a few others. Honestly ive been logged in for like 15 years but almost never logged onto and read anything. I was on the private board RCT after it got up and running. It was a really cool place for ages. There are still a few dudes that I love to death over there. Now back to the topic, for many we dont know what a great coach looks like. I will say this.... I knew after last year and before the season even barely got going that we were in deep trouble. Thank god they pulled the plug and went with Mario. Its so crazy looking back at how certain people were going all in on lane Kiffin. Lol . We would be stuck in the mud with Lane. I said it from day 1 that Mario was the dude who would stabilize this program. Hind sight 20-20 we got so fcking lucky. I dont think you guys if you had a choice would change coaches at this point. Again we really hit the jack pot. I not going to sit her and say we will win all these ships because its really really hard to win one much less several. but I think we are in a great place and we are assembling a great team from top to bottom to get us back to the perch.

What gave it away? All the talk about how he wants to play in a college town and be surrounded by people who just love football or was it the fact he wore a UF Hoodie to do a Miami youtube interview. 🤔

Go Canes

Haha I didn’t know any of that. Just going off all his visits seems to be SEC and friends/teammates are SEC bound

Advertisement
Well he did show up on yachts and had beers at coach clinics. All Miami, bro. He gets the culture, bro

Man, it's clowned on now, but boy did a lot of people eat that up at the time. If I'm being fair, neither was a bad move, but many fell for it at the time.

He was saying he prefers a smaller college town. He did say he likes Miami and had a couple nice things to say about the staff, but he definitely seemed SEC bound.
I didn’t see the original quote, but OP said “small college environment.” Is that small college town or small college? BIG difference. We are a smaller school in a big city while the “small town” state schools are quite large with a lot of students.

Advertisement
He is very important IMO. Another kid who looks the part, nothing tweener about him and would be another huge pull for the interior group. Long way to go but very glad we got involved here. I won’t even beat the dead horse and touch on how the ball was dropped, smh.
Sounds like he would already be a Cane if we had done our jobs

I like our chances here a lot and bless Mario haha

I didn’t see the original quote, but OP said “small college environment.” Is that small college town or small college? BIG difference. We are a smaller school in a big city while the “small town” state schools are quite large with a lot of students.
Watch the Sebastian Lane video in the this thread were Hall goes into details about his preference for the college town and addresses Miami's environment in more of a damage control manor.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I can’t remember his actual quote, but he was referring to schools like Bama where really it’s a college town where everyone warships football.

Small, college focused town. Sorry for not being clearer. OP updated.

Small, college focused town. Sorry for not being clearer. OP updated.
No worries man. Got the clarification needed. I mean, if he wants a small college town, Miami ain't it. Not much we can do about that unless he gets to Miami and realizes he likes it.

No worries man. Got the clarification needed. I mean, if he wants a small college town, Miami ain't it. Not much we can do about that unless he gets to Miami and realizes he likes it.
Yea, I didn't get a warm fuzzy when he said it and I think he realized that too the moment it came out because he then went on to say that he could definitely live in Miami with no problem, just that small towns were his preference.

We constantly have posters on here saying how could recruit XYZ pick Gainesville, Athens and smaller cities over Miami. Well, here's your answer. Some kids just prefer that environment. But it seemed to me this kid could make a business decision if he felt it was in his best interest. When he explained his rationale for visiting Oregon and USC, its pretty clear he's doing thorough research.

That being said, if he ever schedules an official here, it's a wrap. Add him to the class cause he said he planned on doing unofficials to near by schools and officials to distant schools only.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back