2023 Jordan “Big Baby” Hall 4* DT from Jacksonville (2023)

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Originally offered by Hixon and Manny but no one EVER followed up! Common theme ala Hicks but let me stop beating a dead horse. Said he stopped considering Miami after being treated like that.

Re-offered by Mario and the Canes, UGA, FSU and UF are the schools most aggressively recruiting him. Mario turned this completely around. UM contacts him multiple times per day. We're in his top 12 and he says we'll definitely be in the Top 5.

Came down for the spring game

Says he's definitely visiting Oregon and USC (West) cause they're far and he can't drive there. Also says he prefers a small college town all things being equal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Was on the Sabastian Lane show tonight. Link will play starting with his interview. Explains how Manny dropped the ball in his recruitment, how Mario fixed it, how Darrion Owens (coach) has been in his ear about the Canes and how he got the nickname "Big Baby"

He is very important IMO. Another kid who looks the part, nothing tweener about him and would be another huge pull for the interior group. Long way to go but very glad we got involved here. I won’t even beat the dead horse and touch on how the ball was dropped, smh.

Advertisement
Gotta get back on my soapbox for a bit, this really frosts me.

Was Manny lazy or did he just hate recruiting?

Kid clearly felt disrespected and Mario really had a mountain to climb to fix the damage.
I've wondered the same thing. Maybe once bigger fish started looking at recruits he didn't think he had a chance so he moved on. Just weird that you start after a kid and quit for seemingly no reason. For all the criticism he gets Manny wasn't stupid and he wasn't lazy so I don't get it either.

Yes please....
Snoop Dogg Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Gotta get back on my soapbox for a bit, this really frosts me.

Was Manny lazy or did he just hate recruiting?

Kid clearly felt disrespected and Mario really had a mountain to climb to fix the damage.
I could be wrong here, but I have a feeling it was arrogance and ego. I dont think it was laziness. I feel like he wanted his staff to do the grunt day to day recruiting and he was above sucking up to these kids because he was the almighty head coach.

Was a little surprised we didn’t offer in person when he came down on his visit. Good to get in on him. Big bodied player we need to recruit.

I could be wrong here, but I have a feeling it was arrogance and ego. I dont think it was laziness. I feel like he wanted his staff to do the grunt day to day recruiting and he was above sucking up to these kids because he was the almighty head coach.
If your theory is correct, doesn't explain why Hixon didn't follow up either. From all we've heard previously, Hixon was an excellent recruiter. Hall says Hixon was responsible for his section of Florida.

Was a little surprised we didn’t offer in person when he came down on his visit. Good to get in on him. Big bodied player we need to recruit.
From what he said in the interview, Mario had offered him previously, he was just angry at Miami based on how Manny dissed him so he never mentioned it in his twitter timeline.

Advertisement
Originally offered by Hixon and Manny but no one EVER followed up! Common theme ala Hicks but let me stop beating a dead horse. Said he stopped considering Miami after being treated like that.

Re-offered by Mario and the Canes, UGA, FSU and UF are the schools most aggressively recruiting him. Mario turned this completely around. UM contacts him multiple times per day. We're in his top 12 and he says we'll definitely be in the Top 5.

Came down for the spring game

Says he's definitely visiting Oregon and USC (West) cause they're far and he can't drive there. Also says he prefers a small college environment all things being equal.

That top 12 has to be most distracting top whatever I’ve ever seen. I thought it was an offer list. He shouldn’t use that person anymore.

Advertisement
If your theory is correct, doesn't explain why Hixon didn't follow up either. From all we've heard previously, Hixon was an excellent recruiter. Hall says Hixon was responsible for his section of Florida.
Well I wouldn’t call it much of a theory. Just a vibe I got from Manny. I don’t recall what Hicksons patch was. Perhaps Hall wasn’t high on their board. The coach also sets the tone for recruiting and some of the staff followed that lead. Who knows with that clown show. Glad we are back on the kid though.

Advertisement
Back