Jonathan Feliciano on Folden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Kaaya was not only better than Ryan Williams as a freshman, he was better than any quarterback who's played here since Ken Dorsey. Besides the Louisville game, where he was obviously rattled, there was no other point in the season where I thought, hmmm, they should think about changing the quarterback. If anything, he was one of the few bright spots in 2014.

Really? Nebraska or FSU? Virginia or Pitt? We may have won 5 more games with Williams.

You guys all have such a short term memory. Ryan Williams was the better pick, I've said that over and again, and I'm glad Feliciano came out and said it too. To this day, Kaaya has not led a game-winning drive. He does put up fancy numbers though.

You're right. If Ryan Williams is playing, the defense doesn't give up over 300 yards rushing to both Nebraksa or Georgia Tech. If Ryan Williams was playing the defense wouldn't have given up a huge first half lead against FSU Nor would Dobard have fumbled a touchdown nor would Berrios have dropped another touchdown pass.

Like I said, unless he was playing defense, Ryan Williams wouldn't have made the slightest difference.

Not sure why members of this board get all soft over fringe players who "just aren't getting their shot". If he was good he would have played. Especially in 2013 when Morris could barely move but they still thought he was a better option than a fully healthy Williams.

I guess you trust Al Golden's evaluations more than I do.

I actually remember the games. I don't look back and look for easy catch phrases like the defense sucked. Kaaya choked against Nebraska and he choked against FSU. Couldn't hit a pass against UVa. I'm rooting for the guy, but he wasn't ready to start and it showed big time.

Advertisement
Brad Kaaya was not only better than Ryan Williams as a freshman, he was better than any quarterback who's played here since Ken Dorsey. Besides the Louisville game, where he was obviously rattled, there was no other point in the season where I thought, hmmm, they should think about changing the quarterback. If anything, he was one of the few bright spots in 2014.

Really? Nebraska or FSU? Virginia or Pitt? We may have won 5 more games with Williams.

You guys all have such a short term memory. Ryan Williams was the better pick, I've said that over and again, and I'm glad Feliciano came out and said it too. To this day, Kaaya has not led a game-winning drive. He does put up fancy numbers though.

You believe a team that had Ryan Williams as QB with an OC named James Coley and with a head coach named Al Golden could've won 11 games in a season? Ok

Feliciano essentially said the same thing. I'm not sure which 4 games he was pointing out, but I can point out 5.

I believe that a team with 7 players drafted in the NFL with a 5 year senior QB with excellent pocket presence and a distributor of the ball can win 11 games in the ACC.

Once again. What about Al Golden, James Coley and the DC makes you believe they were capable of winning 11 games with anyone? These are the same guys who wanted nothing to do with him when Morris was limping around.

Out of one side of your mouth you blame the coaching staff, out of the other side of your mouth you're using their judgment to make a point. Confused.

lol, stalking you?? holy **** are you narcissistic, all I did was call you out...did I rattle you??

You seem overly concerned with my posts.

Nobody seems to even know that you exist.

Irrelevant people generally try to call out others to get their ink. No surprise.
Here's what you don't realize yet but maybe you should. Your degree if you even have one from UM doesn't mean you can come here and preach how you're better than anybody and it definitely doesn't equate to your intelligence because there's probably guys with vocational degrees that are more successful than you and its sad that an old man like you has to come on to a fan board and berate people the way that you do and it's because you're not a humble person and you never will be in your lifetime. Maybe if you weren't suck a dyck to people on here, people like me wouldn't call you out to make you look stupid.

Last edited:
Feliciano essentially said the same thing.

What the **** does Jon Feliciano know about it?

You jock sniffers are hilarious. Giving credence to what guys like Feliciano say because they once wore a jock strap.

Some of the guys who know least about the game of football have played at the college level and even made NFL rosters.

Enough with this nonsense.

I made the point over and again on this forum before Feliciano said any of this. He's actually in the huddle and knows what things are really like. You sound like a civilian saying what does an infantryman know about the war.

lol, stalking you?? holy **** are you narcissistic, all I did was call you out...did I rattle you??

Irrelevant people generally try to call out others to get their ink. No surprise.

i got a whole thread asking why i got banned for a week...how bout you?? Your jealously is comforting

You guys are both so important on the message board. You're so famous and important.

[MENTION=10126]KevinCaneFace[/MENTION]

Kev, I don't mean to come off like that because I'm not that kind of guy at all. You guys know that I don't come on here to try and prove I'm smarter than everyone. Have I said hurtful things?? yea probably out of frustration everyone does but when I'm wrong there hasn't been a time I haven't admitted it but he keeps going on and on and on. I'm getting tired of people like him ruining perfectly good threads.

Last edited:
Advertisement

i got a whole thread asking why i got banned for a week...how bout you?? Your jealously is comforting

You guys are both so important on the message board. You're so famous and important.

[MENTION=10126]KevinCaneFace[/MENTION]

Kev, I don't mean to come off like that because I'm not that kind of guy at all. You guys know that I don't come on here to try and prove I'm smarter than everyone. Have I said hurtful things?? yea probably out of frustration everyone does but when I'm wrong their hasn't been a time I haven't admitted it but he keeps going on and on and on. I'm getting tired of people like him ruining perfectly good threads.
He's a dumb troll.

You believe a team that had Ryan Williams as QB with an OC named James Coley and with a head coach named Al Golden could've won 11 games in a season? Ok

Feliciano essentially said the same thing. I'm not sure which 4 games he was pointing out, but I can point out 5.

I believe that a team with 7 players drafted in the NFL with a 5 year senior QB with excellent pocket presence and a distributor of the ball can win 11 games in the ACC.

Once again. What about Al Golden, James Coley and the DC makes you believe they were capable of winning 11 games with anyone? These are the same guys who wanted nothing to do with him when Morris was limping around.

Out of one side of your mouth you blame the coaching staff, out of the other side of your mouth you're using their judgment to make a point. Confused.

Actually it makes the point that they think so little of his talent that they wouldn't be comfortable "opening up" the offense with him too. So to expect an incompetent coaching staff to do things to make a QB they don't even really trust successful is silly.

Actually it makes the point that they think so little of his talent that they wouldn't be comfortable "opening up" the offense with him too. So to expect an incompetent coaching staff to do things to make a QB they don't even really trust successful is silly.

Actually what you're saying doesn't make any sense. You don't know if the playbook was "opened up" for Kaaya because he checks down so frequently. Williams seemed very comfortable going for the 5-10 yard passes in the little playing time he had. That's the kind of QB play we needed with Duke Johnson running the ball.

Actually what you're saying doesn't make any sense. You don't know if the playbook was "opened up" for Kaaya because he checks down so frequently. Williams seemed very comfortable going for the 5-10 yard passes in the little playing time he had. That's the kind of QB play we needed with Duke Johnson running the ball.

You're suggesting that Ryan Williams and his senior leadership is the difference between 6 wins and 11 wins while failing to taking into account the three awful coaches running the program. You want people to believe that Williams was good to enough overcome those three. So Duke Johnson, Deon Bush, Artie Burns, Denzel Perryman and Dorsett weren't good enough to overcome them but Ryan Williams was the missing piece. That is asinine.

Advertisement
It's clear that not starting Williams, a quarterback who lost his job in Memphis, was the difference between winning 6 and being national champs. I'm done with these idiots.

You're suggesting that Ryan Williams and his senior leadership is the difference between 6 wins and 11 wins while failing to taking into account the three awful coaches running the program. You want people to believe that Williams was good to enough overcome those three. So Duke Johnson, Deon Bush, Artie Burns, Denzel Perryman and Dorsett weren't good enough to overcome them but Ryan Williams was the missing piece. That is asinine.

I don't really care what people believe. This is all water under the bridge and Kaaya's production or lack thereof in combination with the horrid defense eventually led to Golden's firing. Kaaya has the tools to eventually be very successful, especially with Richt's mentoring. But he just wasn't ready to start his true freshman year, especially when a more than capable 5th year senior who had the team's confidence was just sitting right there.

It's clear that not starting Williams, a quarterback who lost his job in Memphis, was the difference between winning 6 and being national champs. I'm done with these idiots.

I love how we may have won 4 or 5 more games turns into we would've been national champs. Excessive use of hyperbole shows how incapable you are of defending your position.

You're the one saying they'd have won 11 games with Williams despite having no credible reason to make that statement besides "he was a senior". You blame Kaaya for not being able to overcome atrocious defense, dropped touchdown passes and fumbles but assume a career backup who had shown little ability in his career would have. The old line about the backup quarterback being the most popular player on the team still holds true. Because casual fans will only blame a quarterback when a team loses .

Advertisement
You're the one saying they'd have won 11 games with Williams despite having no credible reason to make that statement besides "he was a senior". You blame Kaaya for not being able to overcome atrocious defense, dropped touchdown passes and fumbles but assume a career backup who had shown little ability in his career would have. The old line about the backup quarterback being the most popular player on the team still holds true. Because casual fans will only blame a quarterback when a team loses .

Never said they would have, there's no way of knowing that. I liked what I saw of Williams in his limited game time and he seemed to have the support of his teammates. I blame Kaaya for choking with the game on the line. Did you forget about that?

Exactly... Not bagging on the kid but he basically lost his job at Memphis. Too be honest, he shouldn't have been offered here. He sould developed better at a lower tier fbs program or a strong fcs. Thst worked for Flacco(who couldn't beat out Palko at Pitt) and Wentz. I always liked Feliciano since he was a recruit but he exaggerated Williams accomplishments at Memphis and was a bit delusional about Williams potential contributions. Al had that team so far away from winning 11 games...

I guess you trust Al Golden's evaluations more than I do.

No. I trust myself more than anybody.

I saw Ryan Williams in high school (up close) and in college.

The dude wasn't any good and the idea that he was going to make a 4 game difference is ludicrous and proves what a dummy Feliciano is for opening his mouth like that.

Advertisement
Here's what you don't realize yet but maybe you should. Your degree if you even have one from UM doesn't mean you can come here and preach how you're better than anybody

No I'll just let your brilliant comments and the accompanying grammar speak for themselves.

Your degree if you even have one from UM doesn't mean you can come here and preach how you're better than anybody and it definitely doesn't equate to your intelligence because there's probably guys with vocational degrees that are more successful than you and its sad that an old man like you has to come on to a fan board and berate people the way that you do and it's because you're not a humble person and you never will be in your lifetime.

I'm not that old but I am old enough to know that a period belongs in there somewhere.

Last edited:
He's actually in the huddle and knows what things are really like. You sound like a civilian saying what does an infantryman know about the war.

There are guys who played in the NFL who couldn't tell you a lick about schemes, alignments, anything.

The fact that you think Feliciano's opinion on this is relevant in any way is telling. What's more is Williams is probably one of his boys. So you've got a young kid who doesn't know half as much about football as Golden (and staff) telling us that his buddy was better than an obviously better player.

It's a clown show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back